Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

14b turbo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by toycar View Post
    You should only build a turbo engine for performance-based on your personaly goals.

If you dont know anything about the following;
    tuning, performance, pre-detonation, ignition timing, air/fuel mixtures, what it means to go lean vs rich, know how to read a turbo compressor map(no offense to the other guy), understand what dwell times are, comprehend what CFM of a motor has to do with volumetric efficiency, or gather the idea that people can build a turbo car that doesnt explode, that there really is a SCIENCE to it-

Then you should really work on your manors, learn how to type/spell and explore the search function. Accountability is the first step to learning anything. At some point, your going to understand why no one takes you seriously or wants to give you good advice on your "Projects". You type like you talk, and people cant understand your slang/tone of voice VIA the internet.

Jesus
    I like this guy!

Comment

now that i'm in the DSM scene I really got into the whole turbocharged scene as well....i went from the T25 to 16g but now i'm currently looking for a nice 20g...but i never really thought of a 14b though coming from Cb7tuner i was always told its too small...but with this info it can teach necomers or even the Vets in this forum a thing or too way to go bro

Originally posted by deevergote
      .......If they seem smart, and just trying to learn, I'll offer as much help as possible. If they seem stupid and lazy, I'll do my best to piss them off so they leave and never come back... while still answering the question.

Comment

Originally posted by turboAccordHSF View Post
        now that i'm in the DSM scene I really got into the whole turbocharged scene as well....i went from the T25 to 16g but now i'm currently looking for a nice 20g...but i never really thought of a 14b though coming from Cb7tuner i was always told its too small...but with this info it can teach necomers or even the Vets in this forum a thing or too way to go bro
        I really hope you've upgraded the rest of the drivetrain to support that sorta power. If not, your going to steadily chase problems-such as boost leaks. Once you start playing higher then the 300whp mark, shit gets interesting.

BTW, this is a CB7 forum so lets keep the DSM talk short. If it was me I would read about "Holset" turbos on your DSM .
        Originally posted by wed3k
        im a douchebag to people and i don't even own a lambo. whats your point? we, douchbags, come in all sorts of shapes and colours.

Comment

14b turbo was way to advanced for its time, was an amazing turbo and i would love to have one of these on an accord that would be so much fun!

Comment

got my t3 t4 running wheresurs
            This thread is over a year old, you fucking retard.
            i dont know why this popped up but U MAD BRO? not my fault u is FAKE! CLOWN ASS

Comment

Originally posted by speedfr3ak View Post
              got my t3 t4 running wheresurs
              You want a cookie?

Big deal, so you bolted some stuff together, good for you

You feel better now?

BTW, this isnt a "OMG I gots a turbo" thread

This thread was over your head from square one

Now go tune your car
              im a douchebag to people and i don't even own a lambo. whats your point? we, douchbags, come in all sorts of shapes and colours.

Comment

You beat me to the punch. i was actually going to put both(14/t25) on my accord. i wanted to see the difference.

What he is talking about is very true. I had a very good friend of mine that had a 14b on his d16(i had one with a t25). It def made a difference with the coolant hooked up. On the d16 its very easy too. You could def tell about the underhood temps by just opening the hood comparing to when they didnt have coolant through the turbo.

The 14b for the price is a badass little turbo. Put out 248/242( i beleive very close to that) on a D16.

Since the OP is very big into DSM. IS it true the DSM mani will fit the f22 with slight mods?

Comment

Originally posted by cobratt03 View Post
                  You beat me to the punch. i was actually going to put both(14/t25) on my accord. i wanted to see the difference.

What he is talking about is very true. I had a very good friend of mine that had a 14b on his d16(i had one with a t25). It def made a difference with the coolant hooked up. On the d16 its very easy too. You could def tell about the underhood temps by just opening the hood comparing to when they didnt have coolant through the turbo.

The 14b for the price is a badass little turbo. Put out 248/242( i beleive very close to that) on a D16.

Since the OP is very big into DSM. IS it true the DSM mani will fit the f22 with slight mods?
                  Very true.

If you buy one, buy a 2g manifold as it flows much better, is a thicker casting, and has greater porting potential. If you can find one, the EVO 3 mani would be best. Also, try to find the O2 housing of the DSM turbo your planning on running, it will be much better then any BS you can have welded into your custom Down pipe. Plus, the O2 housing is 10x easier to build a down pipe for.

For what its worth;
                  I dont see the DSM manifold fitting this cylinder head with minor modification as the advantage-

I see the turbos that are readily available on the cheap- that fit DSM manifolds to be the advantage.

Not in any way being a douche, so please dont take me wrong;

A simple search would show you pics, step by step install and how to for using the DSM goodies on our f22's.

Good luck though man! SEARCH SEARCH SEARCH, then ask.

Comment

The CB7 guys would know better than the DSM guy as to what fits the F22A...

And yes, the DSM manifold actually fits quite well. The ports line up fairly well (I don't believe they're perfect, but some portmatching may fix that.) You just need to redrill the mounting holes, as the DSM mounting holes aren't exactly where the F22A's holes are.

The DSM manifold is one of the reasons the CB7 guys build their "DSM turbo kits"... because a custom or aftermarket turbo manifold is pricey. I've known guys to piece together DSM parts (and a few other parts) for a complete $500-$600 turbo kit.

Accord R33 wrote a good deal on it, as he's one of the people that really popularized the "DSM kit" here. He was even selling them for a while (not anymore, so don't PM him asking! )

Comment

So has any one tried using the 14b with a 7cm hot side and a evo3 manifold ?
                      Seems like every one is stuck using the 6cm options when the evo3 manifold flows better and the 7cm helps the 14b breath a little better. From what i gathered.

Comment

something i have learned is listen to people who built turbo cars or hell even did there own work people who read know book knowledge thats all no real life exp. its like street smart and book smart same concept but any way i ran that turbo for a longgg time stock f22 w a tune ran fine put 235 whp on dyno go for it mannnnnnnnn
                        Last edited by speedfr3ak; 12-24-2012, 02:32 PM. Reason: my sig

Comment

Originally posted by toycar View Post
                          You want a cookie?

Big deal, so you bolted some stuff together, good for you

You feel better now?

BTW, this isnt a "OMG I gots a turbo" thread

This thread was over your head from square one

Now go tune your car
                          been tuned ASAP U MAD BRO?

Comment

Originally posted by speedfr3ak View Post
                            been tuned ASAP U MAD BRO?
                            Why did you dig up a year-old thread just to pick a fight?

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                              i dont know why this popped up but U MAD BRO? not my fault u is FAKE!

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                                Why did you dig up a year-old thread just to pick a fight?
                                How about naww? LOL...

In all seriousness I've been sitting on a 14b for about 5-6 years, and this thread is partly making me not want to upgrade the turbo as I am finally about to boost the cb, albeit f22b dohc. There are some decent ebay stainless manifolds on the cheap, plus I'm going to run water/meth and no IC. Take away the 1-2 psi drop across the IC, gain the reliability and help fight over heating, and run coolant through the turbo and this might make surprising numbers.
                                My 91 Accord F22B DOHC MR

My 1996 Civic Ex H23A VTEC MR

Comment

Working...
                                X