1998 Crv Iac

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1998 Crv Iac

I have taken off twice and clean out my IAC Valve and My RPMS is jumping around. I tried to adjust the screw but cannot get my RMP to 600RPM. I did unplug my IAC Valve and Purg canister and did nothing for me. Im I missing something in the procedure or do I need a new IAC Valve? Help help.

Anyone, help help!

Comment

Can you please describe exacting what's going on? Is your idle higher than 600 and you can't get them down to 600? If so you probably have a vacuum leak.
      Originally posted by Mishakol129
      Do not disrespect my intelligence. I am the smartest person I know : )

Comment

Well, I seafoam it, clean out the intake & hit every possible port available. Clean out my IAC Valve from carbon build up, also clean out FIT from carbon build up and screwed down the wax thingy. I double check everything up till now.
        I disconnect the IAC Valve and the Evap Purg Control Solenoid Valve, the lowest I can get the RPM'S to go down at 1100 & the idle screw wont go any lower. Just cant get the base idle to stay!
        Once I hook up everything up, RPM'S shoot up to 1700 and surges erratically to 2500 and my cell light comes on and & keep getting 0505 & 0505pd. Don't know what the pd stands for?
        Something is not right. I was checking the ports on the intake, bottom port when finger plug the engine speed does drop, but the upper port when finger plug, the engine shut off.
        That's where I am at this moment

Comment

All of that sounds like a vacuum leak to me.
          Originally posted by Mishakol129
          Do not disrespect my intelligence. I am the smartest person I know : )

Comment

Im open for that possible notion. How do I go about detecting a vacuum leak?
            Thanks

Comment

This place crap out on me. Anyways, I double check everything and I have the same enchilada, cant set my RPM. The top port on the intake shut off my engine, is that related to the issue Im dealing with? Gonna swap out the IAC this weekend, but Im open to other new ideas.
              Thanks

Comment

I still think of a possible vac leak. Take it to a shop and have them smoke test the engine. it will leak out of every spot there is a leak. TRUST ME the money spent will help so much. And it only takes 20 minutes to do.

On a side note, I think I have swaybar endlinks for the front and rear of that car. They were very expensive because they were moog brands. My buddy sold the crv before I got to it, do you want it? Id sell it for a fair price. Im local as well.
                What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

Nailed it. Swap out the IAC Valve. My old one got stuck open, I guess there is a small diaphragm in it, and it was shot up, saw the pieces flying around when I push compress air in it.
                  accordztech, I might be interested, give me a working number. Im in Davis.

Comment

My dummas didn't think of that...guess I was tired lol. Ill PM you
                    What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

Was the CEL for the IAC by any chance?

Car Safety / General Servicing Checks --------Basic suspension checks

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

A "Finished" project car is never finished until its been sold.

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

yeah, cell light did go on, but reset it after swapping out iac.

Comment

Working...
                        X