Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Sr20det

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sr20det

OK so nissan had a sr20det the famous 240sx JDM engine but they also bulit it for the bluebird another jdm car

dose any one have this swap in there car and how hard do you think it would be 2 do

Pretty hard. Probably would be more cost effective to boost you F22 to see similar performance.
    wat?

Comment

my best friend has a 240 sr20det and that motor will take a beating and there tons of parts for is. i thank it is the secind best nission motor behind the 350z motor

The Race Car

Comment

but to put it in the accord, no but get a dsm turbo for the f22

The Race Car

Comment

Originally posted by beerman987 View Post
          my best friend has a 240 sr20det and that motor will take a beating and there tons of parts for is. i thank it is the secind best nission motor behind the 350z motor

Id have to disagree that the VQ35DE (350z's motor) is nissans best motor that they have developed. the lovely RB26dett takes the cake imo fron nissans lineup.

And back to the question of putting and sr20 in the cb, Id say not a good idea. As always said on forums, its definately possible with enough time and money, but is it really worth it...imo no. build and boost the f22, or go h22, or go h22 and boost that. but to put an sr20 in a fwd car is a nay. Converting the cb to rwd is a no again imo. if you really like the sr20 and want one, grab yourself a silvia and throw one in there.
          Last edited by vinbon63; 01-27-2009, 11:16 PM.

1992 Honda Accord Coupe LX

Comment

funny i run across this kinda thread... couple weeks ago at da races here in tampa, i WITNESSED a damn DC teggy with one of these in it!!! simply a jaw-dropping thing to see.

but i can tell you right now... CRZY amounts of work are involved, and it's DEFINITELY not your average joe's kinda project.

THEN: 1993 Accord 10th Ann. Ed.---------------------- NOW: 1996 Accord EX
            My Ride thread
            Flickr
            Originally posted by d112crzy
            And it can only get better. That's the best part.
            All I gotta really say is:
            People of cb7tuner, this AUTO is NOT a joke. It has impressed ME, the hater of auto's.

Comment

crazy amounts of work would be involved and you had best make it rwd
              i say go for it if you can
              峠 で ドリフト を して 下さい。

steam linky facebook, y0 俺 は 走り屋 です。 clickable ^

Comment

Originally posted by vinbon63 View Post
                Id have to disagree that the VQ35DE (350z's motor) is nissans best motor that they have developed. the lovely RB26dett takes the cake imo fron nissans lineup.

And back to the question of putting and sr20 in the cb, Id say not a good idea. As always said on forums, its definately possible with enough time and money, but is it really worth it...imo no. build and boost the f22, or go h22, or go h22 and boost that. but to put an sr20 in a fwd car is a nay. Converting the cb to rwd is a no again imo. if you really like the sr20 and want one, grab yourself a silvia and throw one in there.
                actually the sr20 is and always will be nissan's best motor. the VQ would be second. the QR is just a waste of time, effort, and money!!!!! the sr20 has been in TONS of different nissans from fwd, to rwd, and awd. all have been known to last with little problems even with huge loads. the sr20ve is like the vtec sr20 lol.

now putting a sr20 in a honda is just blasphemy! just go out and guy a basic ga16de sentra or 200sx(preferably a 90-93 sentra) and then swap a sr20det in there. those sentras are dirt cheap and hold there own even in autocross. shoot you can even boost a ga16 with added jwt cams and its still a nice little beast.

granted FWd is worse than rwd or awd but it can still hold its own. ive seen turboed altimas with the ka24de WHOOP sr20det swapped 240s. its alla bout preference i guess lol

no
                Accord turbo kit under $2k here
                $30 HID kits here Thread
                "What a selfish bitch. She looks like one too. A smart-mouthed, facebook-ing, "i dont know if im straight, bi or *** yet" little brat." -greencb7inkc
                "No Herra Frush, Slammed, tucked or frame dragging here. I'll leave that to the mini trucks...." -fishdonotbounce

Comment

anyone remember.. fast and the furious (#1) .. didn't he want to put SR20 motors into an integra?!?!
                  -:¦:-
                  Originally posted by wed3k
                  i rep cb7tuner all day, everyday. people say, "fuck y0 honda." and i say, "bitch, please."

Comment

Originally posted by TheNextAZN View Post
                    anyone remember.. fast and the furious (#1) .. didn't he want to put SR20 motors into an integra?!?!
                    lol true, he wanted to have them in for "Race Wars."

And I didnt mean that the sr20 is not a good motor, im sure it definately is, and Im also sure that the 350z's motor is wicked too, just my personal preference of the nissan motor's is the rb26.

1992 Honda Accord Coupe LX

Comment

My opinion on swaps like this are its sacrilegious to put another manufacturers motor into a honda....I dont like brand mixing.....I also dont see the point in putting all the work into fitting another motor into your car when IMO honda has designed some of the best motors ever

Burrito Bandidos: It will change your fuckin life

Comment

I think it'd be way too much work and the same response can be had with boosting the stock motor and building it up.

There's a guy locally with a slammed black sentra, I think it's got the sr20 in it. I can never catch him going the same direction, but I dont think I really care that much either.. hehe

Comment

OK so nissan had a sr20det the famous 240sx JDM engine but they also bulit it for the bluebird another jdm car

dose any one have this swap in there car and how hard do you think it would be 2 do

and one more thing! some sr20det engine equipt with turbo ball bearing.my friend just swap it to his AD Resort. my car can follow his tail. damn,,,fast douh!!!

various nissan car and various sr20det engine.

the best is SR20DET from Pulsar. 4throttle!!!
                          Signature Picture removed due to excessive size

VOLVO 240GL bandit crew....all mighty supertank

Comment

Rb26dett > Vq35de

They rise their wooden pints and they yoik and sing
                            And they fight and dance 'till the morning

Dont forget my MRT for my 1992 Honda Accord LX

Originally posted by deevergote
                            Everything in Japan is made with carbon fiber and used panties.

Comment

Originally posted by beerman987 View Post
                              you are stupid

Comment

Working...
                              X