Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Over Protecting your CB7 ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

they already are 20 years are consider classics. i have mine registered as one on safco and if i total my car i get 12 grand back from my insurances

Comment

After purchasing my Civic at the Honda dealer, and taking delivery with a swirled paint job, missing wheel lock socket and missing remote starter keyfob, I won't return there for service.

If they botch a delivery that bad, I can't imagine what the service is like.

As I said previously in this tread, I do all my own work, or what I can't do, I get done at the dealership I work at. Either I do the work, or I get to help our techs. That also means I get to keep an eye on what they're doing.

Comment

Originally posted by dayzielynn View Post
        me and my boyfriend do the same thing. we treat it like its are baby but where ever we go he has to stand and watch them work on my car and make sure it gets done right and they don't take any sort cuts on it. IT kinda embarrasses me. and if he cant watch them do the work he is like ok give me the keys back we will go somewhere elts where then they are like ok you can go watch but don't get in the way of them working.my boyfriend always said if he cant watch them do the work then we are not doing business with you and thats how it is for him are any of you guys like that or is it just him that dose it.
        As a shop owner? I USED to allow this, but after a while? no. It's over the top, i've had to tell a customer on one occasions who was being a prick about it "If you're that infatuated with making sure the car get's done right? And you're the authority on what's right? Do the damn thing on your own." Tossed him the key's and told him to back it out of my shop.

Not gonna have an insurance risk standing in my shop over my guys shoulder for a friggen BRAKE JOB, and at first he was all for it but as soon as he felt that biting cold out there it wasn't long before the car came right back and he had a changed outlook. Honestly? If your boyfriend has to be like THAT when it comes down to getting a car fixed why doesn't he do it himself instead of being an ass to whoever is fixing the car?

Sorry if i'm getting wordy but I hate customers that do that, and I almost NEVER take their cars I tell them to leave and go elsewhere, appreciate the business but I won't accept it if it means I have to deal with an ego or an asshole.

Comment

I do my own work personally, saves me from having to stress about someone else doing it. Saves me from worrying if they are doing it right, or doing it wrong, just spares me. And when i'm not working on it, I have one of my tech's do it, and i'm still not over his shoulder about it, the fact that hes doing the bosses car is enough to make him double check and triple check his work on it's own. End of the day it's a car..and if you're at any reputable place getting it done, or dealing with a straight up and down person, if something goes wrong you are assured it's gonna be righted. Not gonna bust a blood vessel over a car, got to many of them to be on it like that.

Comment

well he dose do most of the work on it him self but the stuff he cant do he takes to shops. but after we took are 05 civic in to get some work we had took take it back 6 time no joke just to get it right. then there was another time i just got work done and we were driving just about ready to go on the freeway and my axle just fell out took it back and they said theirs nothing they can do.forget to tighten my upper control arms from aliening it. there a few more things that's happens they say there test driving my car and they go on a joy ride and i know that's what they did cuz i could here the guy 2 blocks down romping on it an when i got in my car my stereo was all f*** up and also my gas was above half and it was below half when i got it back and i ask the guy why he was hitting it a lot in my car all he said was its stander procedures to do so after all that he has to watch them and make sure everything gets done right and if they leave in it to test drive it he is going with

Comment

My car has been in the shop for nearly 5 months -.-" I bought it so i wouldn't have to ride the motorcycle in the winter, yet i still am(5 months for an overhaul?!). This is what you get when you dont keep a close eye on your car.
              Jesus drove a Honda, he just didnt talk about it like us. Proof - John 12:49 "For i did not speak of my own accord."
              Originally posted by deevergote
              den das al u ned u no dat u get wurs gas milge tho rite?
              Originally posted by deevergote
              These cars will never be the best at anything, but they're pretty damn good at everything.

Comment

I'm a little cautious with my baby.

I spent 3 days trying get the perfect rim/tire combo that adds style without changing the ride.

PLUS, I'm only allowed at a few mechanic shops because I make them let me drive the car into the garage so if anything happens its my fault.

(I also stare out the window to ensure she's okay throughout the process)

Comment

well that makes me feel a little better now. i thought it was just my boyfriend that was like that with the cars but turns out it must be a guy thing i guess .

Comment

@dayzielynn I am the same way... Our cars are more of rarity now idk how rare it iis but here in AZ you can count them and there are just few that are in decent shape... I parked my car far away from others and I do most of the job that does not require big tools such as suspensions and alignments and electircal stuff...

Comment

Originally posted by TheProfessional View Post
                      As a shop owner? I USED to allow this, but after a while? no. It's over the top, i've had to tell a customer on one occasions who was being a prick about it "If you're that infatuated with making sure the car get's done right? And you're the authority on what's right? Do the damn thing on your own." Tossed him the key's and told him to back it out of my shop.

Not gonna have an insurance risk standing in my shop over my guys shoulder for a friggen BRAKE JOB, and at first he was all for it but as soon as he felt that biting cold out there it wasn't long before the car came right back and he had a changed outlook. Honestly? If your boyfriend has to be like THAT when it comes down to getting a car fixed why doesn't he do it himself instead of being an ass to whoever is fixing the car?

Sorry if i'm getting wordy but I hate customers that do that, and I almost NEVER take their cars I tell them to leave and go elsewhere, appreciate the business but I won't accept it if it means I have to deal with an ego or an asshole.
                      This. I have never had my cb worked on at a shop but that's because I do it myself. But as someone in the automotive service industry, I can tell you that if an overprotective anal customer is staring at me while I work, I'm not only more likely to mess something up, I'm also likely to tell them to take it somewhere else. Every car I work on I treat as my own. Sure, there are a lot of shitty techs out there. But more often than not your fears are unfounded. Let them work. Let them do their job, because quite frankly they know what they are doing more than you do, or else you wouldn't even be there in the first place. In any case, it all boils down to the fact that a shop is gonna have insurance- if they DO eff something up, it will get fixed.

Quite frankly, as said, I would gladly let someone's boyfriend go elsewhere, and not have the insurance risk of having him in the working area. What I don't get is... If he doesn't know how to do the job himself, how does he know if they are "doing the job right" or "not cutting corners"? He doesn't. He's just a dick.
                      Last edited by darkfusion42; 03-18-2013, 09:15 AM.

Bought from: TypeG,mak,CB7_ACCORD,ChampCoupe,Blackex
                      Traded with: Cb7xChun
                      Sold to: Rob_is_legend,DaddyO,daheavyking
                      Sedan MR Thread Coupe MR Thread Prelude Si MR Thread
                      My huge For Sale Thread

Comment

Working...
                      X