Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are forums fading out, or do they just burn red hot till they are done?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I`ve had enough of the facebook page. "How do you retofit" was the last straw. I left. Its time to come back here where the real enthusiasts and information is.

Project:Black Skittle

AOM->April 2014

MRT->http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=199779

Comment

There's only one thing I miss from Facebook... the "like" button!

I'm still spinning my wheels on the Facebook group. I had left, but I rejoined in order to better pursue my trademark claims. I feel like a teacher trying to teach a class to a room full of 3,000 kids suffering from ADD and self-entitlement... all while those kids are trying to teach each other the same stuff without actually knowing it themselves!

"Mr Deev, Johnny just told me that when George Washington freed the slaves, he gave them all blankets covered in measles. Is that true?"
      "George Washington didn't free the slaves, Billy..."
      "YES HE DID! MY BOI SAID SO! U DON'T KNOW WHAT UR TALKIN ABOUT! STFU!!!"

Comment

That is exactly why I choose to have very limited interaction with facebook pages. My time browsing FB is mostly a time filler and/or I feel the need for some comic relief. I don't even bother trying to correct misinformation anymore, shame really!
        MR Thread
        GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

When I went on my search for methanol for my srt4 it was simple and more than this forum taught me. I took it upon myselfmto use this knowledge from this forum and other forums to gain knowledge.

I mostly learned my hands on from this forum and applied it. As for the methanol mdix since racegas of 110 plus isn't so abundant at a decent price I had to make my own running it to literally chew a hole through other people racing me!

As for the whole built not bought I could care less as long as I saw my opponent in my rearview mirror in a tiny dot for them to eat my dust then it was all good. Sure I don't have a cb anymore and I even tried to get another one but its time I move and branch out more since we have to keep up with the to es and move forward and not backwards.

A lot has happened and with forums its a part of life and people move on others stay. You can't hold on to those who don't want to be held let em go there will be others. As for that whole bite off another persons hard work false-claiming is not the way.

Comment

Its crazy on Facebook as many folks that are on there with all the nonsense with all that JDM garbage and expensive wheels and all that other crap I love embarrassing them when they lack performance and they try to keep up or got their cars too low.

I had one guy who laughed that my was a srt4 he was mistaken when he couldn't even keep up with my crew. I explained to him his car is nice but I outran him on the lowest boost setting and he real investment is the knowledge behind the man who's working on the car which is more than just being a follower with all that stancing shit is a waste of money
            Last edited by h22sparkle; 02-07-2015, 09:48 PM.

Comment

What Facebook are you on? Everyone on the Cb7tuner facebook is all about cheap wheels, excessive camber, turbos on stock internals, and all other sorts of halfassed nonsense. It's pathetic.

Right now, I'm discussing with a guy about how he didn't need to specify that his F22A1 was "non v" and his F22B1 was "v". He apparently got offended when I mentioned that all F22A engines are "non v", and all F22B1 engines are "v" (because "vtec" is too hard to spell!)
              It's like specifying that he is a man... with a penis.

Comment

I feel like I made a really good decision to never pursue the Facebook group.

Like, never even bothered to look for it.

Anywho, It does seem like the older the cars get the less attention this forum gets. Which kinda makes sense.

My car frequently breaks or causes me inconveniences. Those instances all add up, and I don't forget them.

I'll graduate in May, and should get a substantial pay raise at the same time.

I'm already looking forward to buying a new car. Not necessarily because this is an old car. Mostly because it causes me so many minor inconveniences and I feel like I could substantially reduce those with a new car.

Separately, the social aspect is also drifting. I have several dis-tractors, which I think some of which are affecting many members:
                1) Growing up, and having less time to dick around online.
                2) Reddit. Much more substantial in satisfying my social needs.
                3) Leaving work, the last thing I want to do is come home and dick around in front of a computer again. I try, but I immediately want to get up and go outside, which I frequently do.

I still try to frequent this forum, but growing up and the having the platform get older makes it more and more difficult.
                MRT
                37.5 MPG, AC on, cruising at 80.
                30.0 MPG, AC on, aggressively driving around 90.
                27.5 MPG, no AC, cruising at 90 with occasional gridlock. 40 degrees Fahrenheit

Lots of DIY videos specifically for our car

Get some awesome wipers! <-- It's a DIY
                Originally posted by Tippey764
                I think driving your car naked will cause the engine to overheat
                Originally posted by deevergote
                sneaky motherfucker

Comment

Working...
                X