Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Neptune Tuned

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Neptune Tuned

Hey guys long time no see. I have a problem only you guys can help me with. I have a fully built JDM H22A with 1000cc amazon injectors, Garret 60/62 Turbo on 9-11lbs, stock map sensor. When i'm hitting boost it runs perfect! really strong, however, low-mid RPM is sputters and nearly dies at idle. I have, since last posting on here, retired from the military and moved with my girlfriend to northeast Oklahoma. THERE IS NOTHING HERE! everyone down here is all about V8s people see my car and "don't know where to begin"...SAD! Anyone have a base map? or any of you guys live close with a shop LOL?
    Jesus drove a Honda, he just didnt talk about it like us. Proof - John 12:49 "For i did not speak of my own accord."
    Originally posted by deevergote
    den das al u ned u no dat u get wurs gas milge tho rite?
    These cars will never be the best at anything, but they're pretty damn good at everything.

Originally posted by tutsuo View Post
    Hey guys long time no see. I have a problem only you guys can help me with. I have a fully built JDM H22A with 1000cc amazon injectors, Garret 60/62 Turbo on 9-11lbs, stock map sensor. When i'm hitting boost it runs perfect! really strong, however, low-mid RPM is sputters and nearly dies at idle. I have, since last posting on here, retired from the military and moved with my girlfriend to northeast Oklahoma. THERE IS NOTHING HERE! everyone down here is all about V8s people see my car and "don't know where to begin"...SAD! Anyone have a base map? or any of you guys live close with a shop LOL?
    just froma quick search on google i found these guys, i dont know how close they are, but they also dont "deal" with neptune, so you may or may not have to change to hondata
    http://www.humbleperformance.com/

but just google honda tuners in oklahoma, and there was a few that popped up

Comment

Originally posted by 93redcb7 View Post
      just froma quick search on google i found these guys, i dont know how close they are, but they also dont "deal" with neptune, so you may or may not have to change to hondata
      http://www.humbleperformance.com/

but just google honda tuners in oklahoma, and there was a few that popped up
      Yeah, they are about an hour drive. I was kinda hoping for a .ncl file to test out(temporary) before shelling out a bunch of money.

EDIT: AND THEY WANT $1000 TO TUNE IT WTF ?!
      Last edited by tutsuo; 09-26-2016, 02:59 PM.
      Jesus drove a Honda, he just didnt talk about it like us. Proof - John 12:49 "For i did not speak of my own accord."
      These cars will never be the best at anything, but they're pretty damn good at everything.

Comment

Don't push it too hard on a basemap. I've seen many an engine, built and otherwise, fall to that mistake. My own ECU got tuned at a discount due to a convenient vacancy in my tuner's schedule... he flew in to Philly from Florida, and the guy he flew in to tune blew his engine the night before on a basemap!

Anyway, a good dyno tune is going to cost. $600+ is not unheard of. $1000 is fair if they truly know what they're doing. Think of it this way... an expensive tune may save you from an even more expensive rebuild!

Comment

Are you running NepTune via a Moates Demon or Ostrich? Or a eprom chip? Do you have a NepTune RTP software license?

Comment

Originally posted by JDMef9 View Post
            Are you running NepTune via a Moates Demon or Ostrich? Or a eprom chip? Do you have a NepTune RTP software license?
            I'm on Neptune Demon 2 and yes i have a license.

And yeah i hear you on the good tune saving your engine, I just don't have the money :[

Comment

HRTuning is a great place to ask some questions aswell. Do you have any tuning knowledge? Was your car already street tuned by somebody? If I were you I would do some data logging and check out your logs to see what everything is doing when your having the problem. Also maybe ask around in your area to see if anybody could do some street tuning, would be a lot cheaper than a Dyno tune.

Comment

Originally posted by JDMef9 View Post
                HRTuning is a great place to ask some questions aswell. Do you have any tuning knowledge? Was your car already street tuned by somebody? If I were you I would do some data logging and check out your logs to see what everything is doing when your having the problem. Also maybe ask around in your area to see if anybody could do some street tuning, would be a lot cheaper than a Dyno tune.
                It was street tuned but in a rush. No one around here tunes, they are all about V8s even though i havent lost to a V8 here yet... im not too knowledgeable on tuning but i have mess around a bit. as well as logs i havent hooked up my wide band or anything i just have the Demon 2 hooked up with that tune. I wrote the guys at Neptune and hopefully those guys can help me out. He'll i wish i could data log a bit and have someone look at them and maybe assist me.

Comment

If you can data log, remote tuning is possible. Just gotta find someone that can do it. If you want to go that route, look up Carlos Tuning on Facebook. Wikkedv16 on here. He might be able to help you out. Not sure what he charges now.

Comment

i personally think $1000 is a bit steep myself, even speedfactory doesnt charge that much and they are the most known honda shop in the US

you can data log with the demon, you will need to hook up your wideband to be able to see whats really going on though.

Comment

Yeah, wideband is absolutely necessary. You're running blind without it.

I suppose when shops are essentially operating in a commercial vacuum, they can jack up their prices as high as they want. Your options are them or nobody!

Comment

Working...
                      X