Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

OverDosed CB7 - what lip and side skirts are these?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got it!
    Good luck! please share some pics later on it. I'm curious as how it's going to turn out, I'll like to do the same on my CB

Comment

That lip looks really good.
      I wonder how much work it would take to make fit well though.
      Street-Spec

Comment

mugen front
        oem painted sides
        bb6 custom modded rear
        all this info should be in the lip FAQ's
        frostwhite225@gmail.com =VENMO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOB38zJu66o

[COLOR="Magenta"]

Comment

In the original post it is a mugen lip, but in the link its a different front lip...Greddy

BB6->http://cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=200445<Summer Lover
          BD6->http://cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=194262<Dailey/Future AutoX
          Mazda 6s->http://cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201313<Wifes
          CB7->http://cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=189108<Sold

Comment

Originally posted by AAPOQ View Post
            In the original post it is a mugen lip, but in the link its a different front lip...Greddy
            Good catch...I wouldn't of figured that out if it wasn't for the link, it looks like a mugen front lip in the original post.

Comment

Greedy Lips are expensive as hell. I remember when i tried to purchase one months ago.

Comment

I confirm he had a rear prelude lip that he got modded buy a bodyshop to fit the oem accord bumper.

His car as been parted out since then. I now own his cf hood and trunk, the jdm headlights and his D2 suspension setup

Comment

Originally posted by Hondapawa View Post
                  I confirm he had a rear prelude lip that he got modded buy a bodyshop to fit the oem accord bumper.

His car as been parted out since then. I now own his cf hood and trunk, the jdm headlights and his D2 suspension setup
                  You lucky son of a....

So now we need a nice DIY for custom fitting the BB6 Rear Lip. When i get mine if there isnt a DIY up yet ill throw up what i did.
                  Jesus drove a Honda, he just didnt talk about it like us. Proof - John 12:49 "For i did not speak of my own accord."
                  Originally posted by deevergote
                  den das al u ned u no dat u get wurs gas milge tho rite?
                  Originally posted by deevergote
                  These cars will never be the best at anything, but they're pretty damn good at everything.

Comment

Originally posted by Hondapawa View Post

the car looked nice but the engine im sure was too much

Comment

Hey Guys....Thanks for the comments. It's been a really long time since I've been on this site. That was my car. Yes it was a 1998-2001 prelude rear lip. I had it custom fit by extending the sides about 1.5" if I remember right....the back part of it fits the curves of the CB bumper perfectly.

I actually still have the rear bumper, it's the only thing left from my part out. If someone wants it, it yours for $40 cdn and sorry but I won't ship it, you have to pick it up.

give me call if interested.

Paul 514-237-3637

Comment

Originally posted by CB7AccordV6 View Post
                        Hey Guys....Thanks for the comments. It's been a really long time since I've been on this site. That was my car. Yes it was a 1998-2001 prelude rear lip. I had it custom fit by extending the sides about 1.5" if I remember right....the back part of it fits the curves of the CB bumper perfectly.

I actually still have the rear bumper, it's the only thing left from my part out. If someone wants it, it yours for $40 cdn and sorry but I won't ship it, you have to pick it up.

give me call if interested.

Paul 514-237-3637
                        Its in the rules no buying or selling in the beginner section just a heads up!

STANCE|WORKS

Comment

Prelude lip fitment

Anyone that is looking to do a prelude rear lip mod has alot coming to them. The lip does need to be extended however to make it look "OEM" and get the seamless look like it should will take alot of elbow grease. Here are pictures from my original post for those thinking about attempting it themselves without a professional bodyshop.

I have a Wings West knockoff "P1" that I've attempted a long time ago with my old car and from the looks of it, it would probably be better to chop off or shave down the CB7 oem rear lip to get it to fit right.

If you just simply put the BB6 lip over the CB7 lip like a factory honda lip should be mounted, you will come up short... I mean very short! If I put the BB6 lip right on top of the CB7 lip you can see it doesn't really need extending at all.

This is a comparison next to a authentic Sigma rear lip.

Don't let the picture fool you! Yes the CB7 rear lip is indeed more wider!

Here you can see my mockup of the BB6 lip if it were mounted as an attachment to the stock CB7 lip like the Sigma. See how the curves of the bumper throw off the lip already? You can get one side to match up but will come up short more than an 2inches it seems. Bending the lip will and getting it to conform to the CB7 bumper would probably involve a lot of work.

In this picture you can see what I'm talking about if the CB7 OE lip were to be cut off entirely. It may just work...but again with no OE lip to hang on, you will need to get creative with molding the skirt to the bumper. Judging by the ^ with the BB6 lip already installed, It appears he mounted the lip higher up where it meets the butt of the bumper. Only things I can see doing to make the install easier would be to split the lip into two pieces and extend or mold it to the bumper.

I am the Yakuza CB7!
                          JDM 96spec H22A 178HP 149TQ

"The JDM Fleet"

1993 Accord Sedan - 2.2 JDM H22a
                          1994 Prelude V-Tec
                          1999 CL 3.0
                          2000 Prelude
                          2010 Accord Crosstour - 3.5

1993 Mirage S Sedan - 2.0 4G63 Project Evo 2.5
                          1994 Mirage S Sedan - 1.5

1991 Isuzu Impulse RS - 1.6 AWD Turbo
                          1993 Asuna - 1.8 "CDM Impulse XS"

1993 Sentra SE-R - 2.0 SR20de
                          1995 200sx SE-R - 2.0 Sr20ve

Comment

One thing I forgot to mention was the exhaust opening. Notice how much wider the prelude one is making the passenger side end curve really sharp. This also poses a cosmetic problem and unless you cut the lip into two pieces or extend it someway, it will end up looking funny.

I am the Yakuza CB7!
                            JDM 96spec H22A 178HP 149TQ

"The JDM Fleet"

1993 Accord Sedan - 2.2 JDM H22a
                            1994 Prelude V-Tec
                            1999 CL 3.0
                            2000 Prelude
                            2010 Accord Crosstour - 3.5

1993 Mirage S Sedan - 2.0 4G63 Project Evo 2.5
                            1994 Mirage S Sedan - 1.5

1991 Isuzu Impulse RS - 1.6 AWD Turbo
                            1993 Asuna - 1.8 "CDM Impulse XS"

1993 Sentra SE-R - 2.0 SR20de
                            1995 200sx SE-R - 2.0 Sr20ve

Comment

that was a badass car man. what was it powered by? specs?

Comment

This thread has outlived its use months ago. I trust the question was answered?

Comment

Working...
                                X