Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Over Protecting your CB7 ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I DIY everything I can. If it's something I'm unfamiliar with, a look it up and learn before tackling it.

If it's something requiring special tools, or a job I just do not have time to do myself, then I just bring it into the shop at work, since I work at a dealership.

Comment

I know this is off topic, but crazymike, that is one bad ass sig.

On topic. I do try to do everything I can myself, in the interest of not only saving money, but taking the time to do things right. If I know I wont be able to do myself, I take it to my mechanic. I really can trust him with my car.

Comment

I'm the only one who's done work on my cars in the past five years since I took one of my cars in for a new tranny line and all I got was a piece of rubber hose in place of the bad spot for $200 and I said never again, for something that would have taken me 10mins and 10 bucks... I never leave my car alarm range(1mile, 2-way with motion sensor) and when I park for the night my ride is on video plus I'm up all night(work night shifts) waiting for someone to test my patients when I'm off, like Mr. T... I pity da fool who touches my Cb9! Lol... Soon to be parked in a garage at night.

Also it doesn't help that I'm also paranoid because a tow truck stole my last ride('98 accord) right out of it's parking spot never to be seen again... But maybe it was fate because then I was car searching 'til I got lucky and found/bought my 9 for $300 with a new jvc deck installed already.
        Last edited by Binladin; 08-05-2012, 05:38 AM. Reason: Added
        4000watts just so all the haters hear me comin!

Comment

Damn, Binladen, didn't know they made an '98 model Camel Accord ... I kid ... I kid... Good score on a $300 car when half the cost is the deck!

Did you never report the '98 stolen? You should have the VIN and title. Most likely it was stolen and stripped in a chop shop. Hondas are the #1 stolen vehicle nationwide (is on your side)...

Man sorry about the nuttyness in my post, it is late/early here...

Comment

Originally posted by wildBill83 View Post
            Why not get a factory service manual and get your hands dirty? Then you only have you to blame... Those idiots in the random shops and even most dealerships couldn't find their ass with both hands, why would you trust them with your investment?

Don't be lazy, learn about your car and DIY!

The horror story that convinced me to never go to a shop was about a simple oil change and they forgot to fully tighten or cross threaded the oil filter, dude drove the car home and it died before he got to his parking spot leaving an oil slick and a blown motor behind... The shop denied it was their fault, guy was out a car and some serious time.
            I only go for the things I cannot do, alignments, muffler work, lift access.

Comment

yeah thats why im my own mechanic i wouldnt leave my car anywhere., garage next to my crx everynite , allllll locked up

Comment

Originally posted by tutsuo View Post
                When i first had my car tuned i was like..inside i was like OMFG MY CAR IS GOING TO EXPLODE !

after tune everything was ok..sigh of relief

Realizing tune gave me great POWER ! AAWWWW YYEEAAAAAAAA
                perfectly described!

before hand - shitting bricks
                after a few runs - butthole relaxed, heart slowing down.
                after tune, on the street - heart racing again

Comment

Lol damn just install a fuel pump kill switch. Your car may get broken into but it's not all that likely to be stolen providing someone finds the switch. Install the switch out of eye view and dont tell a soul.

I had mine on some JamesBond shit. I installed it for other people and it worked for them fo ras long as they kep tthe car. I laughed though when I totally forgot that I had it active.

Comment

Originally posted by Raf99 View Post
                    I only go for the things I cannot do, alignments, muffler work, lift access.
                    I do alignments and exhaust work on my driveway with jack stands lol.

Comment

Originally posted by crazymikey View Post
                      I do alignments and exhaust work on my driveway with jack stands lol.

Werd! sometimes it be like that.

Comment

Better late than never? Lol... Of course I reported it stolen as soon as I stopped looking out the window several times to confirm I wasn't crazy n that my car was really stolen(lol), found my car on the Internet for sale with a picture of my engine with a shiny brand new power steering pump I put on weeks earlier(you know your engine bay when you do your own work and see it), tracked him down myself and the cops never did a damn thing but waste my time taking my statement aaaaahhhh... 2 weeks later, like yes we came, seen, conquered, we out... No call back, message, email, facebook, twitter or letters... Great police work I pay for! Lol... That's ok though cuz karma is a mofo!😬

Comment

I try and do my own work but there is only so much I can do with so little tools. I'm slowly building a tool collection. And I don't let anyone drive my vehicles. The last time someone sat in the driver seat of my truck it was on the dyno and 6200 rpms over and over made me cringe. a pull from 0 to 90 mph seems so long standing there and then it taching out over and over. Then the guy looks at me and says just a few more times. 4 hours of it.

MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=199548

Comment

I get nervous when other people work on my car. I get really nervous when people walk by my car, mainly because I came out of a store one time with some guy peeking in my windows and talking on a cell phone. I know that it's a 21 year old car, but it's the only form of transportation that we've got currently.
                            92 Honda Accord LX - Sold
                            2005 Nissan Altima 2.5S - Sold
                            2007 Dodge Charger SXT

Comment

me and my boyfriend do the same thing. we treat it like its are baby but where ever we go he has to stand and watch them work on my car and make sure it gets done right and they don't take any sort cuts on it. IT kinda embarrasses me. and if he cant watch them do the work he is like ok give me the keys back we will go somewhere elts where then they are like ok you can go watch but don't get in the way of them working.my boyfriend always said if he cant watch them do the work then we are not doing business with you and thats how it is for him are any of you guys like that or is it just him that dose it.
                              Last edited by dayzielynn; 03-03-2013, 03:00 AM.

Comment

Another couple years and CB's will turn into classics.�� I've had a lot of CB's like forever and learned and bought what tool I needed along the way so now I have all the tools I need to do anything I need except a engine rebuild which I've never done yet but plan to one day soon.

Added: It's 25 years to be a classic where I live.
                                Last edited by Binladin; 03-03-2013, 04:00 AM. Reason: Added

Comment

Working...
                                X