360 games, state of decay and day z

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

360 games, state of decay and day z

Excited for a survival based, open world platform with a zombie apocolypse story line.

Anyone else following either of these games? Anyone played on PC? I heard that Day z is kickass on the PC, but I dont get down on PC games. I was hoping the new walking dead game would be open world, grand theft auto style but its shaping up to be 1st person shooter with a storyline.

Are there any games out already with this kind of premise? Any links to good info or trailers?

I'll edit in the few I have found.

Day z

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EVGcAw2JmEw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PcFNXBbIuFU

State of decay

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-yvUGEmj_MY
    Last edited by toycar; 12-11-2012, 01:15 PM.
    Originally posted by wed3k
    im a douchebag to people and i don't even own a lambo. whats your point? we, douchbags, come in all sorts of shapes and colours.

Dead Island bro where the fuck you been at.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dead_Island

360 and Ps3.

Never played it but it got pretty good reviews.

Comment

So since you like open enviornment games, do you actually like GTA or just games that use the same idea?

Comment

Pretty good looking games, although the graphics aren't as sweet as they could be IMO.

BB6->http://cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=200445<Summer Lover
        BD6->http://cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=194262<Dailey/Future AutoX
        Mazda 6s->http://cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201313<Wifes
        CB7->http://cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=189108<Sold

Comment

Never heard of State of Decay, but it looks pretty fun for an XBL Arcade title. The only problem with that is it will either be too small for open world, or the game will be short. Either way I`ll probably end up getting it since I`m a zombie fan.

I`ve known about DayZ for a while now, and ever since I saw it I`ve wanted to build a PC capable of handling it.

As for Dead Island, it was pretty good. It was a melee focused open world zombie game. I got it on release day with a few friends and we played it for quite a while. The story line wasn`t that great, but it was nice to be able to play an open world game involving zombies with your friends. They had a pretty cool weapon modding system as well.
          Originally posted by deevergote.
          And please, for the love of God, type like a human being!

Comment

^I've wanted to play Dead Island. Would you say it's worth picking up?

BB6->http://cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=200445<Summer Lover
            BD6->http://cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=194262<Dailey/Future AutoX
            Mazda 6s->http://cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201313<Wifes
            CB7->http://cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=189108<Sold

Comment

Originally posted by 91 EX-R View Post
              Never heard of State of Decay, but it looks pretty fun for an XBL Arcade title. The only problem with that is it will either be too small for open world, or the game will be short. Either way I`ll probably end up getting it since I`m a zombie fan.

I`ve known about DayZ for a while now, and ever since I saw it I`ve wanted to build a PC capable of handling it.

People that play day z on PC act like its the best game ever, and its become an issue of "why cant we have this PC title exclusively"

In the articles about the game there is a lot of whiney posts about how consoles can have exclusive games, why can't PC keep this one.

Im pretty excited about both titles. I have been daydreaming about a walking dead game, that allows you to rome and survive as long as you can. You know, a game with no real mission. Maybe a few story lines here and there but no defined story or mission in the game aside from surviving.

Originally posted by AAPOQ View Post
              Pretty good looking games, although the graphics aren't as sweet as they could be IMO.
              Agree here.

Hopefully the game play will make up for the graphics. I like the idea of a never ending, open platform for survival. I hope they do it right though. The game could tank if the "open" world is shitty.

Originally posted by Ralphie View Post
              So since you like open enviornment games, do you actually like GTA or just games that use the same idea?
              Yeah I played all of the GTA games.

i love the premise of being able to wreack havoc on whatever you want, and rome freely without a clear agenda. Makes the game "re-invent" itself over and over in my eyes.

With GTA no matter how many times you get 5 stars and kill a bunch of people, different shit happens every time. Different chase, different outcome etc.

I think the never ending, open free world game play of these zombie games interests me in the sense that you will play with other "survivors" through xbox live. So, you could partner up, or go to war with whoever you come across.

I really like the survival/stockpile angle too.
              im a douchebag to people and i don't even own a lambo. whats your point? we, douchbags, come in all sorts of shapes and colours.

Comment

Originally posted by toycar View Post
                People that play day z on PC act like its the best game ever, and its become an issue of "why cant we have this PC title exclusively"

In the articles about the game there is a lot of whiney posts about how consoles can have exclusive games, why can't PC keep this one.

Im pretty excited about both titles. I have been daydreaming about a walking dead game, that allows you to rome and survive as long as you can. You know, a game with no real mission. Maybe a few story lines here and there but no defined story or mission in the game aside from surviving.
                DayZ WILL remain a PC exclusive title, simply for the fact that there aren`t enough buttons on a controller for everything. Almost every key on the keyboard is used in ArmA 2 and DayZ, making a port to any console (current, at least) impossible. Also, I don`t believe any current consoles have the processing power to handle the game.

I`ll admit, after seeing the trailer for State of Decay`and reading up on the game a bit, I`m looking forward to it, provided it`s done right. Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

Comment

Rumor is day z in 2013 for console gaming.

Im pretty interested. Hope it happens. It was previously mentioned at e3, but who knows.

Comment

Originally posted by toycar View Post

Yeah I played all of the GTA games.

i love the premise of being able to wreack havoc on whatever you want, and rome freely without a clear agenda. Makes the game "re-invent" itself over and over in my eyes.

With GTA no matter how many times you get 5 stars and kill a bunch of people, different shit happens every time. Different chase, different outcome etc.

I think the never ending, open free world game play of these zombie games interests me in the sense that you will play with other "survivors" through xbox live. So, you could partner up, or go to war with whoever you come across.

I really like the survival/stockpile angle too.

Agreed 100%.

I have also played every GTA from it's inception.

The original, London, GTA3, Vice City, San Andreas, 4 and im sure ill pick up 5.

Im about to buy the DLC for 4 since I beat it a while ago and I just fuck around now in free roam.

The first time I played I was hooked....I love the free roam....Imo it was a game changer for games...

It truly does make the game never ending if your into havoc.

Sometimes I turn it on, and just do police chases just to see how much carnage I can cause playing realistically....

like trying to outrun them and get away but not cheating.

can play for hrs

Comment

Originally posted by 91 EX-R View Post
                      DayZ WILL remain a PC exclusive title, simply for the fact that there aren`t enough buttons on a controller for everything. Almost every key on the keyboard is used in ArmA 2 and DayZ, making a port to any console (current, at least) impossible. Also, I don`t believe any current consoles have the processing power to handle the game.

I`ll admit, after seeing the trailer for State of Decay`and reading up on the game a bit, I`m looking forward to it, provided it`s done right. Thanks for bringing it to my attention.
                      Why the fuck would you want to play a game where you need to use EVERY fucking key on a keyboard?

Like I know on flight sim games, there are a lot of keys and even my Rail sim....but like 10 keys...

not every damn key lol.

Idk it becomes too much.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralphie View Post
                        Why the fuck would you want to play a game where you need to use EVERY fucking key on a keyboard?

Like I know on flight sim games, there are a lot of keys and even my Rail sim....but like 10 keys...

not every damn key lol.

Idk it becomes too much.
                        DayZ is a mod for Arma 2, which is a realistic military simulator. That`s the only reason there are so many keys required to play.

As for DayZ, I knew it was going to be made into it`s own title sometime in the future, but I didn`t know a console version was a possibility. I`d be interested to see how they do it, since it would require major changes to how it`s currently played.

Comment

Hell yeah its worth it

Comment

I usually get bored with the free roam games. I feel like I'm not working toward anything... just random missions that I can do, or not do... I usually just end up running over hookers and crashing cars in the GTA games. Then I stop playing them.

A zombie apocalypse game with a free roam might be different, though. I think I could get into that!

Comment

The game`s fun, but I found the majority of that fun to come from playing with my friends. I`ve barely touched the game solo, except for when it was new. If it sounds like something you`d be interested in, I`d say go for it.

Comment

Working...
                              X