Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you think war in Korea is going to happen again?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do you think war in Korea is going to happen again?

Simple poll, yes or no, discuss if you want, just vote if you want.

Whatever.

Just curious what you guys think about whats going on with this.
    Yes
    71.88%
    No
    28.13%
    Originally posted by wed3k
    im a douchebag to people and i don't even own a lambo. whats your point? we, douchbags, come in all sorts of shapes and colours.

I just don't get the feeling from what I have read and learned during my year stationed there, that it will come down to war.

obviously I could be wrong, and I hope im not, but I just don't think that's how it will end.

Kind of like Cuba, and the stand-off....

I know it's a lot different, but things fizzled out and that was that.

All of this bs Jung Ill's son threatens is a feeble attempt to squeeze us for more aid.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralphie View Post
      I just don't get the feeling from what I have read and learned during my year stationed there, that it will come down to war.

obviously I could be wrong, and I hope im not, but I just don't think that's how it will end.

Kind of like Cuba, and the stand-off....

I know it's a lot different, but things fizzled out and that was that.

All of this bs Jung Ill's son threatens is a feeble attempt to squeeze us for more aid.
      I dunno man.

Its really hard saying whats going on, in my eyes, since the new leader has brought such drastic differences in worldwide perception. Hes young, and doesn't want to be viewed as the leader of a worthless country.

If there was an incident, I have grown to realize that yeah, it would probably be short lived. The advances in our air force would destroy their country in minutes-and that is the very clear difference between war now and war in the 50's with them. Its argueable who won in the Korean conflict, but there is NO arguing that we have a far superior naval and air force branch that would probably handle this. I think if a conflict broke out, maybe they would just bomb everything and send in the drones to clean up shop afterwards.

I read an article yesterday that was talking about how the navy is positioned to strike if they wanted to, and that by now any targets in N korea have already been established by the people on those aircraft carriers.

The emphasis on the article was that the US would use surgical precision with drones and air strikes to end the fight before it began-and when it was all said and done I kind of understand why the writer feels that way. Basically a response on the same level as our invasion of Iraq. It took weeks to topple the gov there, and wreck shop.

We were only there for years afterwards because of the mess we created in the process.

I do think that the troops on base in S Korea are probably an attractive target, and if the MOFO was feeling froggy there are lives to be lost within his reach. I do think the response would probably be quick and swift, and the entire situation would all unfold on the Korean peninsula.

My thoughts anyways.
      im a douchebag to people and i don't even own a lambo. whats your point? we, douchbags, come in all sorts of shapes and colours.

Comment

Originally posted by toycar View Post
        lives to be lost within his reach..

That is your answer.

If I had to put money on it, that is what he would do.

They have tested weapons, yes, but the conesus is that the North has a real hatred for the South because of how well they have prospered since 1950.

There is no arguing that we have helped, but a lot of it is of their own doing, i.e. LG, Samsung, Hyundai.

The South has bloomed incredibly since the 50's, and it KILLS the North because as much as they want the world to recognize them as a true power holder, they are not because since the 50's, they have spiraled out of control and let everything turn to shit.

When is the last time you heard someone say, "oh damn North Korea makes good_________"

Go ahead, i'll wait.

They don't hate Western Culture like the terrorist organizations in the Middle East. They aren't interested in Democracy, but they don't want to wipe us out or convert us all, they just want someone to look up to them lol.

They're just doing it wrong lol.

In any case, they know that if they touched US anything they'd be fucked.

And they also know if they bomb anything south of their own DMZ, they're equally as fucked but they feel more froggy with the south then with us.

And their cababilities don't extend much past South Korea, Japan at the most.

Let's put this out there....

You do know they have fired on South Korean ships that were in disputed waters and I believe they have killed sailors in the process....

So we don't get a lot of news over here, but there have been incidents over there that take place.....and South Korea has honed it's patience virtues. They know this will all come down to an end one day, they're just patiently waiting for it.
        Last edited by Ralphie; 03-13-2013, 01:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralphie View Post
          That is your answer.

If I had to put money on it, that is what he would do.

They have tested weapons, yes, but the conesus is that the North has a real hatred for the South because of how well they have prospered since 1950.

There is no arguing that we have helped, but a lot of it is of their own doing, i.e. LG, Samsung, Hyundai.

The South has bloomed incredibly since the 50's, and it KILLS the North because as much as they want the world to recognize them as a true power holder, they are not because since the 50's, they have spiraled out of control and let everything turn to shit.

When is the last time you heard someone say, "oh damn North Korea makes good_________"

Go ahead, i'll wait.

They don't hate Western Culture like the terrorist organizations in the Middle East. They aren't interested in Democracy, but they don't want to wipe us out or convert us all, they just want someone to look up to them lol.

They're just doing it wrong lol.

In any case, they know that if they touched US anything they'd be fucked.

And they also know if they bomb anything south of their own DMZ, they're equally as fucked but they feel more froggy with the south then with us.

And their cababilities don't extend much past South Korea, Japan at the most.

Let's put this out there....

You do know they have fired on South Korean ships that were in disputed waters and I believe they have killed sailors in the process....

So we don't get a lot of news over here, but there have been incidents over there that take place.....and South Korea has honed it's patience virtues. They know this will all come down to an end one day, they're just patiently waiting for it.

I honestly don't think the world has any idea where N Korea is in terms of technology or quality. I mean, for like 50 years they haven't been able to sell any products to the rest of the world, so, where does anyone REALLY get that information. You asked me to name a product that they make well, I'll ask you to name a product they make-period. I mean, they cannot import goods but they have TV-so who knows really.

They have a 3g network in N korea. No 4g, but, certainly not 50 years behind the times either.

I remember a few incidents in the last couple years when the north attacked the south, and nothing happened in response. That is actually why I think something COULD happen now. They have used their freebee's. Sunk that ship, shelled that island. Now, the US is saying NO MORE and S Korea is threatening a destructive response if anything else happens.

In my mind, by saying that, they really have handed control over the North. The North knows at this point all they have to do to provoke war, is more of the same shit they have been doing.

I don't see the US backing off, and I DO think the North is stupid enough to challenge that. The people of N Korea seem to want conflict too. There was a story on CNN about "reigning bullets" or something like that, forget the title, but it interviewed a guy that still had an unfired round he kept with him, from when he was in the war 60 years ago. He said something to the effect of how he had been waiting for decades to fight again, and the article had an underlying message of unification of North Korea, and how every man/boy able to hold a rifle wanted to sign up to fight.

I don't factually know how accurate that is, but, theres a lot of hype about it thats for sure.

And just so its out there;

If african countries struggle with people being armed in villages-that have no communication ability, no electricity, no nothing-than N Korea can buy weapons.

Just saying, theres no way that villagers in Africa can buy shoulder fired ground to air missiles and RPG's and shit-and N Korea cannot. Theres just no way.

Viktor Bout would've sold munitions to N Korea, I am sure of that. He was from that part of the world, and a notorius gun trafficker, so just as an example, I think the N could have more weapons than anyone wants to give them credit for. There is obviously a market for selling guns to people that shouldn't/aren't allowed to buy them, and people like Viktor Bout benefit from that.

Comment

Oh ya they have munitions, and they have phones and they have plenty of things, but the poverty level is pretty bad.

I don't recall the #'s off the top of my head, but it's rough.

Imo, they aren't going to do a damn thing.

They pick on S Korea, and that's it.

And look, people still have rounds from the 50's waiting to overthrow the North and reunite with loved ones...

those bonds are strong. N.Korea going to fuck up and it will all be over with lol.

Comment

i swore i read in the headlines that an Egyptian company was a cell phone service provider to NK.

Comment

I'd wager it'll take 72 hours to decimate the command and control element of the DPRK. North Korea will NEVER be able to be occupied so it'd likely just be a strike like operation desert fox in Iraq. Drop bombs on the palace and Kim Jong Un's personal garage along with barracks and any nuclear facility. Drop them back 10+ years in development then supply aid for the citizens.

The people are too brain washed (maybe not all) to be occupied. They'd be terrified of anyone entering their country and would be fierce fighters.
                My Car
                FREE Web hosting solutions

Comment

Originally posted by Pandemic View Post
                  I'd wager it'll take 72 hours to decimate the command and control element of the DPRK. North Korea will NEVER be able to be occupied so it'd likely just be a strike like operation desert fox in Iraq. Drop bombs on the palace and Kim Jong Un's personal garage along with barracks and any nuclear facility. Drop them back 10+ years in development then supply aid for the citizens.

The people are too brain washed (maybe not all) to be occupied. They'd be terrified of anyone entering their country and would be fierce fighters.
                  So youre expecting heavy resistance?

Comment

fierce fighters. probably not

They have no food, they have no supplies. All they have is a tyrant leader.
                    I know China supposedly is siding with the US, but I think if we do mess with N. Korea or try to nip it in the bud, its going to set off their other communist country's pals . You think stirring up the wasp nest of muslims in the middle east was bad, thats just one group of people. This will be a handfull of countries that despise us that are familiar with Guerrilla warfare. Shit it could even turn into a Afghanistan vs. USSR in the 80s. Probably wont be anything but just another rental cop mission like the whole middle east "conflict" is/was.

I think S. Korea is #1 on their to do list though, which will engage anyone who has their back. Anyway, back to not caring.

Comment

I think something has to happen and will happen relatively soon. Of course I say that knowing about the Cuban missile crisis and how he's still around decades later. But the situation is different. Some people in Cuba really do love Castro and aren't brainwashed. North Korea's nuclear threats and total abject poverty can't last forever. If there's ever a case for a preemptive strike it's here. And of course the military would be decimated immediately and the lowly foot soldier would run away, but the nuclear threat to SK is real. It would be very messy for the area and would strain our relationship with China when we inevitably get involved. But I think by the time we do any military action, South Korea will already have suffered in some way(And maybe our troops stationed there). If we truely are the world police fighting for justice and democracy and defending our allies we would have done something long ago(Of course that's BS). But it's political suicide for those in charge here. There's no resources there for the US to take and who wants to push for another war now? And North Korea knows all this and they will continue being that annoying fly until someone pushes the wrong button.
                      Metal Metal and more Metal!!!

How much does your wheel/tire combo weigh? Post here!
                      -=Suicide Crew Member #1 (only member so far)=-
                      MY RIDE

"I was hoping the Wolverine would finger one of those Japanese girls and then extend a claw into her b hole just for fun, BUT that never happened and I was extremely unsatisfied with the movie because of it." -Macaqueistrong

Comment

The only thing we can do is stand being SK like a big brother and hope that posturing is enough. NK attacks SK, it'll likely be more of an attack against us via our ally, rather than out of any real gain for themselves. NK has China as their big brother... and a war between the US and China would be messy indeed. We have more power, but China has more people.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                          The only thing we can do is stand being SK like a big brother and hope that posturing is enough. NK attacks SK, it'll likely be more of an attack against us via our ally, rather than out of any real gain for themselves. NK has China as their big brother... and a war between the US and China would be messy indeed. We have more power, but China has more people.
                          Plus America owes China a whole bunch of money. I don't think protecting SK, if they get attacked, will be a high priority for America. I think the government will see how much China has America by the balls and won't act against China's allies.
                          Last edited by oni_cb7; 03-13-2013, 09:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by toycar View Post
                            Simple poll, yes or no, discuss if you want, just vote if you want.

Whatever.

Just curious what you guys think about whats going on with this.
                            I am fairly certain North Korea is on the verge of collapse. If you look at most Communist regimes before they fall, there is a distinct uptick in defense spending and aggression as a last resort to maintain control and distraction from the real domestic issues.

If you really think about it, they have no economic power whatsoever, which means no money, which means no growth, which means inevitable financial collapse. If not for the handouts of China and the US, they would have collapsed long ago.
                            The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

Are you guys kidding? China will not back North Korea if they decide to attack South Korea. They are not going to risk loosing South Korea and its allies as trading partners to back up their like-minded cousins to the East.

It's a simple game of economics, China has virtually nothing to gain from backing North Korea in a war against South Korea. They know that any backing by their forces would draw outside influence from other South Korean allies, including the US. That is a ware they aren't prepared to fight or win.

Furthermore, China would be hesitant to any war by North Korea because their ultimate defeat would mean the pouring of millions of impoverished refugees fleeing to the mainland. While China has a huge population, this would no doubt impact the country, if even from a mere psychological standpoint.

Originally posted by Maple50175
                              Oh here we go again. Maples other half.

Comment

Working...
                              X