Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fog light switch schematic

Hello everyone

I am putting together some fogs for my cd5 accord, and am having a helluva hard time finding the switch schematics.

I want the indicator light to work when the lights are on. I bought a switch for a cd5 but they appear to function the same as a cb.

Atleast they look the same on the back of the plug. Lol. I guess its not impossible they are different or maybe I found miss-labeled pics, but for the sake of arguement lets just say they are the same.

Anyways, there are 5 wires coming out of the plug. 1 black, assuming ground. Two red, two red/black stripe.

I imagine there will be a 30a relay that powers the indicator light and one pair of red/red+black stripe is for that light. The other pair is to actually switch the lights on/off and that pair also goes to the relay. Black = ground.
    l

This is all an assumption though, and I would really like some input if anyone can help me I would appreciate it. I am sure once I have this shit in my hands I will be able to figure it out with trial and error, but christ, it would be nice for once not to have to do that with something custom/electrical.

Thanks a bunch. If anyone has a "dumb it down" set of answers, that works for me too. Educate me please, I would/will/do appreciate it.

-Justin
    Last edited by toycar; 11-06-2013, 03:16 PM.
    Originally posted by wed3k
    im a douchebag to people and i don't even own a lambo. whats your point? we, douchbags, come in all sorts of shapes and colours.

This is for a 5th gen fog switch but the 4th gen seems to be the same as you assumed. As you can see there are separate grounds for the illumination light and the indicator light/switched signal. Hope this helps.

Euro CB7 2.2i [F22A3] --> [H22A7]

Comment

the actual pin hookups are listed in red/pink, which should be sufficient to hook up the switch to an existing foglight harness.

if you want to build your own foglight relay harness you can also follow the green.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
      - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
      - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
      - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
      - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
      - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
      - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
      - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
      Current cars:
      - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
      - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

Man you guys are amazing.

Thank you so much!!
        Originally posted by wed3k
        im a douchebag to people and i don't even own a lambo. whats your point? we, douchbags, come in all sorts of shapes and colours.

Comment

Working...
        X