looking for tips on repairing wondows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

looking for tips on repairing wondows

admittedly i suck at working on windows. i have ham hocks for hands and they plainly dont fit in the space for working in the door.

anytips, techniques or advice or anything you can pass along to a fella is appreciated

thanks
    Originally posted by wed3k
    im a douchebag to people and i don't even own a lambo. whats your point? we, douchbags, come in all sorts of shapes and colours.

What specifically is the problem? Window regulators not working? Windows not aligned correctly? Window channel liner bunching up at the front corner.
    90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
    08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

i suck at windows, ao, please keep that in mind.

basically the window gets unsquare as it rolls up. seems like something is loose or ajar. rolls up and down kind of slow, but it never stops and always works. its not lik3 it comes off a track, it just isn square and air leaks in the top corner, on the side the seat belt operates from, front driverside.
      Originally posted by wed3k
      im a douchebag to people and i don't even own a lambo. whats your point? we, douchbags, come in all sorts of shapes and colours.

Comment

How old is the window regulator assembly? First thing I would do is put the window all the way down, clean the window channels as best you can, then lightly lubricate them (I have actually used original Armor All). If that doesn't work, the regulator channels and rollers may be worn to the point that they don't guide the lower edge of the window correctly. Might be time for a new, or lower mileage, window regulator assembly. I don't recall if the vertical channels can be adjusted to fit tighter to the sides of the window to help prevent it from cocking.
        90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
        08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

Working...
        X