Fuel pump or Main Relay? No Fuel to the Motor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
    Then I suppose that narrows it down to the relay, if the wiring from the relay to the pump seems to be working properly. Unless there's an issue with the signal to the relay. That is getting beyond my abilities, though... I have little experience with the electrical system, as my own has never given me any major problems.
    yea i know a lot but when it comes to the wiring and electrical im lost. I am to the point where i want to part the car out. I have this thing ripped around, hole in the trunk.. wiring hanging.. just getting on my nerves.

Comment

when you solder the relay it is very easy to bridge 2 terminals that short can fry the whole chip and relay. I had an issue with mine about a year ago I went to a mechanic to do the fuel pump and a week later my car would not start so that i found the tutorial online to solder the relay and no issues since.
      Originally posted by Gummiegorilla
      Damn CBs are like a Rubix Cube sometimes !!!!

Comment

Originally posted by pedalpusher90 View Post
        when you solder the relay it is very easy to bridge 2 terminals that short can fry the whole chip and relay. I had an issue with mine about a year ago I went to a mechanic to do the fuel pump and a week later my car would not start so that i found the tutorial online to solder the relay and no issues since.
        yea i did all that. I am running out of ideas so its coming down to a problem with the wiring i think.

Comment

Go to the junk yard and grab a few more relays, this SOOOOOOO sounds like a bad relay.

I have a Haynes manual for a DA Integra and it has a WONDERFUL step by step process to determine a no starting issue. I actually ended up with a bad ECU after a motor replacement. The Haynes manual for the CB7 does not seem to have this same awesome flowchart so its a bit more difficult for us to diagnose. I still lean towards the main relay, usually its the simplest thing causing the problem.

Bought from Darkcloud

http://wheelflip.com/r/DrAkE

Comment

So now when i changed the relay i have no fuel or spark. This is 2 new relays i have in my hand. My coil is getting power. My pump reads power when i jump 5 & 7. When i don't jump it the pump has no power. I took the ground off of the thermostat and the CEL turns off..

Comment

Originally posted by Noridetoolow View Post
              Go to the junk yard and grab a few more relays, this SOOOOOOO sounds like a bad relay.

I have a Haynes manual for a DA Integra and it has a WONDERFUL step by step process to determine a no starting issue. I actually ended up with a bad ECU after a motor replacement. The Haynes manual for the CB7 does not seem to have this same awesome flowchart so its a bit more difficult for us to diagnose. I still lean towards the main relay, usually its the simplest thing causing the problem.
              I didnt check my ECU..

Comment

Originally posted by brian91accord View Post
                So now when i changed the relay i have no fuel or spark. This is 2 new relays i have in my hand. My coil is getting power. My pump reads power when i jump 5 & 7. When i don't jump it the pump has no power. I took the ground off of the thermostat and the CEL turns off..
                You do realize that the pump only turns on for a few seconds when you turn the key on right?
                So if your checking for power, you need to do it while turning the key on . . .

Have you checked for any codes?

Car Safety / General Servicing Checks --------Basic suspension checks

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

A "Finished" project car is never finished until its been sold.

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

Originally posted by evil_demon_01 View Post
                  You do realize that the pump only turns on for a few seconds when you turn the key on right?
                  So if your checking for power, you need to do it while turning the key on . . .

Have you checked for any codes?
                  yes i know that. I did it with the key on. Not jumped = no power. Jumped = power. A few random times the pump kicked on and the CEL turned off. Hasnt done it lately. I check for codes and i cant get any. I dunno if im doing it wrong but you put a paperclip in the connector and turn key on and look at CEL.

Comment

i really appreciate all the help from everyone. I am trying all the ideas everyone gives me.

Comment

so im guessing it could be the ecu then?

Comment

thank you everyone for your help. i put my old ECU in and the pump came right on.. It tried to start but it doesnt have my tune on this ecu so i have to get a new socketed P06 and put my chip in it and i will be good. Really appreciate it guys.

Comment

Working...
                        X