CB7Tuner Forums

Go Back   CB7Tuner Forums > Beginner forum -- New members post here! > Beginner Technical/Performance

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-24-2012, 01:30 AM   #1
thejoker1993
CB7tuner Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 70
thejoker1993 is cool... so far.
Car full throttled unexpectly!!!!

Just went over a speedbump going normal speed (like 5 mph) like 10 feet later, my car started revving up to the max as if the gas peddle was to the floor when it wasn't. I held on the breaks switched to neutral, shut the car off. Note that the gas pedal felt perfectly fine. Turn backed on the car, car was still revving like the gas pedal was all the way down when it wasn't. How i fixed this was i re-started the car, Put the pedal to the floor and kaboom its operating normally.

What can be the problem. This only happen to me once and I was lucky i was in an open space.
What do you guys think.
thejoker1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 01:52 AM   #2
Junior Smurff
CB7tuner Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Oceanside, CA
Posts: 644
Junior Smurff is cool... so far.
I think your car is possesed
Junior Smurff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 01:58 AM   #3
CB7Nub
Canadian Regional Moderator
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posts: 1,603
CB7Nub is cool... so far.
You may just have Toyota engine under the hood.
Also Toyota gas and brake pedals, with Toyota OEM floor mats.....
















































No but really it's possible your throttle cable on your intake manifold/throttle body needs to be cleaned. Do you have automatic or manual?
__________________
Current:
2007 Acura TL Type-S 6MT KBP

Past:
1992 Honda Accord EX-R Sedan - RIP
1991 Honda Accord EX-R Wagon - RIP 10/14/2010

Words change lives. You just got to choose the right ones.

Check out the more active "CB7Tuner Canada" Facebook group for CANADIAN members ONLY.



CB7Nub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 02:09 AM   #4
thejoker1993
CB7tuner Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 70
thejoker1993 is cool... so far.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CB7Nub View Post
You may just have Toyota engine under the hood.
Also Toyota gas and brake pedals, with Toyota OEM floor mats.....







































No but really it's possible your throttle cable on your intake manifold/throttle body needs to be cleaned. Do you have automatic or manual?
its an automatic 97 accord, and I'm a total noob at all of this. So can you give me a nice guide no pun intended.
thejoker1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 01:09 PM   #5
93redcb7
CB7tuner Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: graham
Posts: 741
93redcb7 seems to have made some friends! 93redcb7 seems to have made some friends!
Quote:
Originally Posted by thejoker1993 View Post
Just went over a speedbump going normal speed (like 5 mph) like 10 feet later, my car started revving up to the max as if the gas peddle was to the floor when it wasn't. I held on the breaks switched to neutral, shut the car off. Note that the gas pedal felt perfectly fine. Turn backed on the car, car was still revving like the gas pedal was all the way down when it wasn't. How i fixed this was i re-started the car, Put the pedal to the floor and kaboom its operating normally.

What can be the problem. This only happen to me once and I was lucky i was in an open space.
What do you guys think.
look under the hood and move your throttle body and see if it is sticky or anything then grease your cable
93redcb7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 02:12 PM   #6
thejoker1993
CB7tuner Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 70
thejoker1993 is cool... so far.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 93redcb7 View Post
look under the hood and move your throttle body and see if it is sticky or anything then grease your cable
I grease the part that moves with wd-40, I didnt grease the cable. Should i grease the cable ?
thejoker1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 03:23 PM   #7
hyoslvr
CB7tuner Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: in the woods,tx
Posts: 69
hyoslvr is cool... so far.
What about cruise control? Did you check to see if the cable is stuck?
hyoslvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 01:43 AM   #8
thejoker1993
CB7tuner Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 70
thejoker1993 is cool... so far.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hyoslvr View Post
What about cruise control? Did you check to see if the cable is stuck?
wow didn't even think to check that, im guessing that is near the throttle? Idont know where that cable would be!
thejoker1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 03:20 PM   #9
blackcrown
Newcomer
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 22
blackcrown is cool... so far.
i kind of had the same thing happen in my other car which is a caprice. when i first got the car i had it in cruise control and it started accelerating and would not stop. i turned the car off while going 90mph, pulled over, disconected my batt for 20 seconds and never touched my cc again.
blackcrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:13 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.