Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Dashboard Backlight Flashing, No Start

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dashboard Backlight Flashing, No Start

Hi all,

Quick intro as this is my first post: I have a 1992 sedan in generally good condition (comparatively speaking with my other cars) which I'm hoping to turn into a bosozoku car, both because I've never done that before and because it seems fun! I have a LOT of experience working with various Japanese cars, from an 83 RX7 (my first car), through a 2G DSM, 8G Civic, and both 1G and 2G 300zx's, to actually 3 1st gen 3000GT VR-4s. Needless to say, I have a fair amount of experience working on beat-up old Japanese cars, and *most* problems I can figure out. Electrical problems are the bane of my existence, and guess what problem I have?

On to the problem at hand: I got a check engine light, and got codes 4, 8, and 43. 4 sucks, but 8 and 43 can be solved with a new distributor, O2 sensor, and fuel filter. Easy enough, right? Tonight I replaced the PCV valve (for funsies) and distributor, and all went well. Insert key and turn, all looks normal. Go to start, the battery and oil light are on, but it doesn't even try to turn over. I don't hear the fuel pump, the starter doesn't spin or try engaging. Even stranger, occasionally when I open or close doors, the dashboard backlight and tail lights blink with an arrhythmic clicking with a similar sound to the turn signal/hazard lights, and trying to get trouble codes just gives me a solid CEL, no blinking. Everything's connected all proper, connections are clean, literally only new part is a distributor.

Any ideas? Only thing I can think of is low battery voltage (haven't checked yet but was working fine before) or a blown relay/fuse (which I haven't checked yet), but this is something I haven't seen.

Either low battery, main relay going out or ignition solenoid going out. What all have you removed and replaced or reinstalled?
    ~Nick~
    FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
    MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

So far I've only replaced the distributor and PCV valve. And oil, if you want to count that.

Something else, which I only discovered after posting, is it has a KARR/Audiovox security system, which is apparently tied into the flashing lights and inability to start at least on other Hondas I've seen. I'm going to be playing with that today to see what I can do to 1) start the car, then 2) remove that system as I intend to install my own system.

Comment

Working...
      X