No announcement yet.

Post PICS of your latest purchase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ip camera to keep an eye on my reef while I'm away. Shareable as well so anyone can watch.

I wish I could trade my heart for an extra liver, just so I can drink more and care less.

Comment

Wow, nice tank.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

Thanks! It was a lot of work at first but it's kinda leveled out now as far as maintenance goes. It will be 2 years old in December.

60 gallon saltwater with 20 gallon sump, all live coral

I wish I could trade my heart for an extra liver, just so I can drink more and care less.

Comment

A couple threads in here have been talking cordless impacts lately, and I've happened to be in the market as well...

Picked up the 1400 lb/ft Milwaukee model. Battery is sold separately, and my choices were to get the big-boy battery and charger for $150, or for $10 more I get a charger and two lesser batteries (still part of the M18 series), plus a couple other power tools. The batteries might not last as long, but I figure since I won't be using it to bust more than a few bolts loose on any given job, and there are two, this seemed like the wiser purchase.

Finally, something to take to the junkyard! I've only had corded tools up until now. I still want their M12 cordless+brushless ratchet, but I think I've spent plenty for a while...
          Last edited by CyborgGT; 04-13-2018, 11:23 PM.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

Originally posted by CyborgGT View Post
            A couple threads in here have been talking cordless impacts lately, and I've happened to be in the market as well...

Picked up the 1400 lb/ft Milwaukee model. Battery is sold separately, and my choices were to get the big-boy battery and charger for $150, or for $10 more I get a charger and two lesser batteries (still part of the M18 series), plus a couple other power tools. The batteries might not last as long, but I figure since I won't be using it to bust more than a few bolts loose on any given job, and there are two, this seemed like the wiser purchase.

Finally, something to take to the junkyard! I've only had corded tools up until now. I still want their M12 cordless+brushless ratchet, but I think I've spent plenty for a while...
            That Fuel impact is quite nice. I've got either the same or very similar drill and driver (M18 brush-less, non-Fuel) that I like a lot. The impact won't break super tight bolts loose as I ran into this swapping a plate bumper onto a friend's 4Runner, but that's what the bigger unit is for. I've got air at home and I rarely junkyard at this point, so it's much less of an issue.

When I got my kit for Christmas a free cordless Sawzall was included which was quite nice since all the batteries play together.

I don't have photos of the completed project yet, but I purchased a bunch of items to do a rear and forward facing camera in the Vette. A good friend gave me a Pioneer 4100 NEX HU so I needed a new Bluetooth microphone as his went with his car. While putting one of those into my Amazon cart a pair of cameras fell into my cart along with a module that lets me control more than one unit at once along with the necessary connectors to make it work. Should be a fairly straightforward project, not that I need more projects at the moment.

Comment

Milwaukee's got a bigger cordless impact? Anyway, it should be a massive step up from my Harbor Freight special, which wasn't really that bad for my own needs but had a cord.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

I did kind of the same, i purchased the Mid-Torque 1/2 impact that comes with the battery for $20 more than the battery and charger alone; this way i can buy the same model you bought and have two impacts even if i only have the smaller battery since i figured the 2AH battery should be plenty for tire rotations etc.
                [url=https://flic.kr/p/2hFNC7Z]

Comment

Milwaukee's got a bigger cordless impact? Anyway, it should be a massive step up from my Harbor Freight special, which wasn't really that bad for my own needs but had a cord.
                  I believe they have a 3/4 sized one hahahaha

Comment

No, I'm saying your Fuel impact will get the bigger jobs done the smaller impact won't.

I've got a cheap HF air setup that hasn't failed me yet and I've done the full suspension on my last truck including the axle nut.

Comment

Yeah, HF's website is saying their corded impact is only good for 230 lb/ft, and I was able to crack loose both my axle nuts on the Accord the first time I removed them, and the crank pulley bolt on the H22. It took a few long seconds to work it, but that's not too shabby for a cheap gun.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

are any of those impacts up to the task of removing the bolt on the crank pulley? I need an impact but a full blown pneumatic setup with compressor would bit a bit of a hassle. I figure if an electric can break the crank pulley bolt it'll break any other bolt on these cars.

Comment

Originally posted by Bunta View Post
                          are any of those impacts up to the task of removing the bolt on the crank pulley? I need an impact but a full blown pneumatic setup with compressor would bit a bit of a hassle. I figure if an electric can break the crank pulley bolt it'll break any other bolt on these cars.
                          The model below is 2767, which is the one Cyborg got and it's rated at 1400ft/lb of torque
                          https://youtu.be/RSRU7QGDnsI

Comment

Originally posted by Bunta View Post
                            From what I've been reading here and online lately on the Sloopy Mechanics FB page a lot of people prefer the Milawaukee impact over the Snap On brand..costs less and does more.

I think Im going to get one for my own personal use as well.
                            Henry R
                            Koni/Neuspeed
                            1992 Accord LX R.I.P
                            1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
                            Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
                            made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

IMG_20180414_203912 by Jesse Gonzalez, on Flickr

Its in, god bless UPS! It came with one bar of charge though

Comment

Originally posted by Crankshaft View Post
                                The model below is 2767, which is the one Cyborg got and it's rated at 1400ft/lb of torque
                                https://youtu.be/RSRU7QGDnsI
                                I finally got around to watching that. That gun is definitely overkill

Accord Aero-R

Comment

Working...
                                X