Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I got Historic Copper AZ Plates! My Car is 25yrs old!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I got Historic Copper AZ Plates! My Car is 25yrs old!

I've been waiting for this for a few years now, since I discovered I could get these fancy Copper plates for my CB. As of May 18', my car turned 25 years old!

These plates weigh about 3x as much as a normal tin plate you get so they feel special as soon as you pick one up. I'm rocking one on my car and another in my cubicle at work lol.

Anyone else have historic plates?

member's ride thread
    93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
    99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
    91 Accord SE 176k
    97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

wow, that's quite a piece!

you might be the first to put antique tags on a CB?

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
    - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
    - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
    Current cars:
    - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
    - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

Doesn't that limit your annual mileage?

Accord Aero-R

Comment

Originally posted by CyborgGT View Post
        Doesn't that limit your annual mileage?
        nope, no restrictions, just had to pay a $25 first year fee, then $10 a year after that.

member's ride thread
        91 Accord SE 176k

Comment

That is so freaking cool!

Under Construction​​​​​​​​

Comment

I am planning on getting an antique plate for florida but in Florida the car and motor have to be at least 30 years old. That’s pretty badass looking, ours isn’t cooper it’s an antique blue
            ~Nick~
            FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
            MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

Those look very cool. I don't think I have ever come across Copper plates.
              http://www.hondanews.com/releases/19...d-introduction

Comment

We've got Collector Vehicle at 32 years, and Horseless Carriage at 50. Pretty sure both plates limit mileage, and the HC plate might even only allow you to take it to shows.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

ive had my antique tag since january lol. kinda odd seeing it on the back. doesnt seem that old.
                  COUPE K24

Comment

Ohio limits miles/usage as well. What's the significance of the "77" after "Arizona"?
                    90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
                    08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

Yupp. I have Historic Tags on mine (maryland). 20 years for Historic

Supposed to only drive on the weekends but, I also have historic tags on my
                      Civic & drive it to work everyday. I never have any issues with getting pulled over, which is a good thing!
                      Keep Pushing..

Comment

Originally posted by fleetw00d View Post
                        Ohio limits miles/usage as well. What's the significance of the "77" after "Arizona"?
                        I'm not too sure. I would've thought it should be 66 to commemorate the Historic Route 66 but oh well.

Found the answer. Its the year they started with the current historic plate design

https://www.arizonacorvetteenthusias...vehicle-plate/

member's ride thread
                        91 Accord SE 176k

Comment

Guess that'll add .002 seconds to your track times now
                          My Collection:
                          93SE Sedan (Cashmere Metallic)
                          00EXV6 Sedan (Naples Gold)
                          04TSX 6-Spd Navi (Premium White Pearl)

Comment

The only historic ones Massachusetts has now I think are the green lettering with a white background now..although I don't think it's possible to use the old ones unless you as an operator has had the same plates in good condition for a very long time. I think once they wear out from exposure to the elements you have to replace them with newer tags.

I like the older Mass plates because back then you only had to one one plate but now state requires you run two on your car unless as I stated above you are the original owner of those older style tags.
                            Henry R
                            Koni/Neuspeed
                            1992 Accord LX R.I.P
                            1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
                            Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
                            made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

that's cool. In MO, you can only drive your car 1000 miles a year with historic plates.

Click for my Member's Ride Thread
                              Originally posted by Stephen Fry
                              'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry
                              Eye Level Media - Commercial & Automotive Photography: www.EyeLevelSTL.com

Comment

Working...
                              X