Wise Words From Wise People Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wise Words From Wise People Thread

So I'll be posting quotes here from time to time. Mostly wise sounding ones, maybe some funny ones too. Some are from unknown origin. I keep a list of any I deem worthy that I come across on a daily basis. I suppose I could buy a book too, but that's no fun. Feel free to discuss or mention if it means anything to you. Or maybe I'll just post em for the heck of it for myself. Here goes...

It was the devil's bargain for it offered all the joys in life, of music and sex, law and justice,
    and the noblest ideals of humanity. But it also brought destruction, cruelty, and fear. All of this
    is civilization, and if you wish it's benefits, you must take all of it's qualities. It is for you
    to use them with restraint and with wisdom.

-ancient Sumerian wisdom
    Metal Metal and more Metal!!!

How much does your wheel/tire combo weigh? Post here!
    -=Suicide Crew Member #1 (only member so far)=-
    MY RIDE

"I was hoping the Wolverine would finger one of those Japanese girls and then extend a claw into her b hole just for fun, BUT that never happened and I was extremely unsatisfied with the movie because of it." -Macaqueistrong

If your girlfriend starts smoking, slow down and use lubricant.

man who drop watch in toliet have shitty time

A man with his hands in pockets feels foolish, but a man with holes in pockets feels nuts

now for my favorite quote at the moment

“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
    visit vgruk

Comment

when you put in in her butt... use a condom. and I mean that I caught an infection from popping their brownies and it was not an std per sey it was cause i did not use a condom. use a condom!

oh and everything this guy said

https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=5TNhS81w4bM

Comment

If you don't go when you want to go, when you do go, you'll find you've gone.

Comment

Wax on.....wax off

Comment

To my fellas chasing ladies at skirvy ass bars;

You fish in a dirty pond, you'll catch dirty fish.

Something else I've said for years;

Let people be people, they'll screw themselves eventually.

Something that actually matters that I say;

Show people a problem, often times you are now a part of that problem. Let people find the problem on their own, it means something different all together to them and you are no longer involved.

DON'T BE A PART OF THE PROBLEM.

To the point of the thread;

It doesn't really mean anything to me-other than the person that wrote it must have lived in a society that had ran its course. I think anyone with an open mind understands the flaws and fallacy that comes with a society in supposed harmony.

Unfortuneately for us, most people are stupid and close minded so the "society" approach, with its flaws and all-are more pleasurable and easier to adapt to. Look at the way the amish are viewed compared to people living in the city. This "walk in the park" way to life has equated to less motivated people that are struggling to avoid the self destructing cycle of FAT, LAZY, and UNMOTIVATED. Its easy to see the self destruction that accompanies the convenience in an established society. People don't generally have the discipline to sustain themselves for the long term, and in large cities all over the country you can observe people that have "self destructed" in the masses. Large cities are also the only ones with enough tax money to support flocks of worthless people with their hands out looking for freebie's.

And we still haven't figured out how to avoid the honest truth's they were talking about, how many hundreds of years ago?

Thats the part that I think is cool. I think any jackass with an open mind could connect those dots in todays world. Its cool that back then they had the same philisophical approach and its still applicable- at least in some ways.
            Originally posted by wed3k
            im a douchebag to people and i don't even own a lambo. whats your point? we, douchbags, come in all sorts of shapes and colours.

Comment

I have much respect for the Amish considering how anti-religion and God I am. Self sustaining humble people, have their own rules and morality, and pride in their traditions and family. Would survive no problem while 99% of the population would die if water or electricity was cut tomorrow. It is a lesson I think we could adapt in this country, to let certain states or even "tribes" of people determine how they want to live instead of the federal govt overseeing everything. Would ease a lot of fighting between people who are never going to get along no matter how much you try and force them.
              But I don't think they advance society or people in any way, if that is the goal. There are no indulgences nor terrible strife in their community. I think having our cake and eating it too is possible, somehow...

MY RIDE

"I was hoping the Wolverine would finger one of those Japanese girls and then extend a claw into her b hole just for fun, BUT that never happened and I was extremely unsatisfied with the movie because of it." -Macaqueistrong

Comment

"follow your heart but take your brain with you"

"gotta learn to smile through all the bullshit"

"trust no one"

C-3PO's MRT USDM yo!

then i see my baby, suddenly I'm not crazy,
                It all makes sense when i look into her eyes

Comment

When the shit hits the fan, it's never distributed evenly
                  Originally posted by wed3k
                  im a douchebag to people and i don't even own a lambo. whats your point? we, douchbags, come in all sorts of shapes and colours.

Comment

Two in the pink, one in the stink

Man that goes to bed with itchy butt, wakes with smelly hand

Wise men say forgiveness is divine, but never pay full price for late pizza

Comment

"Forgiveness is divine, but never pay full price for late pizza!" -Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

"If you cannot explain something simply, then you don't understand it well enough." - Albert Einstein

Click for my Member's Ride Thread
                      Originally posted by Stephen Fry
                      'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry
                      Eye Level Media - Commercial & Automotive Photography: www.EyeLevelSTL.com

Comment

"People who think that they know everything are really annoying to those of us who actually do."

MY RIDE

Comment

"If any man among you seemeth to be wise in this world, let him become a fool, that he may be wise."
                          “Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you.”
                          ― Jeremy Clarkson

Very first tear down and rebuild. vvv
                          http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=193755"]http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=193755"]http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=193755

Current Build, F23 block F22b dohc head:

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=203144

Comment

God gave you a brain and a penis, but only enough blood to use one of them.
                            Be unique, like every other person.

CB7 Sold________________________E34 Sold________________________E39 Current

Comment

I always tell the truth, even when im lying i still tell the truth

In the world of the blind, the one eyed man is king

Eat like a pirate, drink like a fish
                              ~Nick~
                              FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
                              MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

Working...
                              X