islandhopper : 1990 Accord DX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Raf99 View Post
    Come on.., you know if you store it it won't go bad. It could be as good as before. So ... store it somewhere dryer, put a cover on it and it will be waiting for you when you return. Assuming you are returning...
    I would love to say that i will rebuild it but right now it seems like a very distant dream. The way things are going i won't be living in the states again for quite some time. I'll be back to visit family and friends/vacation but won't be staying for very long.

Still have a TON of love for the CB chassis and this coupe in particular. But its a swamp inside there and would need a total interior overhaul not to mention mechanical overhaul. Would be easier to start with a "fresh" example. Don't have access to dry storage or even permanent storage so it might have to go to CB heaven. If i can save it i will but i gotta be realistic too, man.

What's interesting is that CB's are suuuper rare here in Germany. I've literally seen TWO in the year i've been living here so far. And browsing for them online yields very few results. Even fewer worth looking at. I would love to ship my CB goodies here and build one up. Would actually be unique which is a crazy thought considering how extremely common they are in the states. Maybe that's what will happen...it's more realistic than resurrecting this one.

Anyway, don't be sad for her...she had a rough but good life. And you never know, maybe there's hope for this one yet.

Form.Follows.Function

Comment

Dx racecar hmm tempting, very tempting.

Originally posted by Darkcloud
      Wimp go low or go home haha
      Originally posted by cb7_tillidie
      Not a single fuck was given that day.

Comment

Aww, that's too bad. You could always import one too if you really wanted one. I hope your very cool, very rare parts go to a good home if you ever decide to part with them.

edit: Why'd ya move?
        Last edited by Raf99; 05-16-2017, 06:11 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by c91bse7 View Post
          Dx racecar hmm tempting, very tempting.
          Dude if you want it, it's yours. No question.

Aww, that's too bad. You could always import one too if you really wanted one. I hope your very cool, very rare parts go to a good home if you ever decide to part with them.

edit: Why'd ya move?
          I would definitely make sure the rare stuff went to a good home. We'll see.

As for the reason i left the states...

A girl. She's pretty awesome. We met up in Washington on the 4th of July, 2015 while she was on vacation visiting a friend of my roommate's at the time and there was an immediate attraction. We ended up spending her last 3 weeks in the states together traveling through SoCal and over to Lake Havasu City, AZ, then the Grand Canyon and then on to Vegas. Was fucking wild. Decided to keep the adventure going and visited her in Freiburg where we travelled all over Europe visiting some amazing places and making memories. Pretty much cemented our relationship and after 3 months (the limit on a tourist visa) i retured to the states where i liquidated my stuff and prepared to return to Germany. Got back October of 2016 and have been here since. Found work and was staying on a year long work visa which i just had extended for another year.

Now that i've decided to port my BMW over i guess you could say things are getting pretty serious...

Would CB7Tuner like some GF pics? Just a few of the SFW ones

Alright getting carried away...but yeah she's worth it and it's been amazing so far. Europe is dope asf

Form.Follows.Function

Comment

.................................................. ahhhhhhh wow. Your life could be a movie. That is wild. I don't even know what to say, that's crazy! Well I wish you the best!! Makes me happy to see people who found the one for them.

Comment

Shit I thought you were in the Army.

good for you man! You forget we do have some EU members on here right?? So asking them to keep an eye out for a CB wouldn't be a bad idea...and flipin EDM spec parts wouldn't be a bad idea either now that I think of it.

What are you doing for work nowadays? And your coupe...may I ask if you left it with a trusted friend how did it end up in such a horrible shape??

Best of you luck to you in Germany though.
              Henry R
              Koni/Neuspeed
              1992 Accord LX R.I.P
              1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
              Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
              made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

.................................................. ahhhhhhh wow. Your life could be a movie. That is wild. I don't even know what to say, that's crazy! Well I wish you the best!! Makes me happy to see people who found the one for them.
                Thanks man.

Originally posted by HenRoc View Post
                Shit I thought you were in the Army.

good for you man! You forget we do have some EU members on here right?? So asking them to keep an eye out for a CB wouldn't be a bad idea...and flipin EDM spec parts wouldn't be a bad idea either now that I think of it.

What are you doing for work nowadays? And your coupe...may I ask if you left it with a trusted friend how did it end up in such a horrible shape??

Best of you luck to you in Germany though.
                Yeah i'm aware of our EU members. Just have a lot of other things going on. One of which is porting over my E30. And the public transportation around here is excellent...so i dont actually need a car, its just a convenience at this point. Maybe i'll ask around and also keep an eye out for EDM parts.

I'm working for Fastenal EU. Your probably familiar with them in the states. Huge hardware company out of Winona, MN. Now worldwide. Got lucky and they were starting up a new branch just 15min from my flat. Within 4 months they've expanded our location and promotions were flying around. I just signed as the new Operations Manager, which extended my visa. Pretty happy about that and my colleagues are all great people. It's not a dream job but it is a nice place to be right now.

As for my CB coupe...its condition is no ones fault but my own. I had been neglecting it once i made my E30 a daily. I left it in central Oregon near my moms place since it was relatively safe. Then things with my girl happened and i kinda just forgot about it while i travelled. Once i came back to liquidate i started selling off...kind of a long story but essentially my priorities changed and unfortunately the CB wasn't one of them. It's with my cousin now who is nice enough to let me park it at his place until i decide what to do with it.

But anyways, thanks for the kind words. I gotta say i miss this community and browsing the old members rides section is making me want to jump back in. We'll see

Form.Follows.Function

Comment

sad to see the cb in this condition i loved it back in the day. however your doing good with the girl thats more important best of luck bud
                  My 90 coupe Mr thread....
                  http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=178452

Comment

Ditto on what everyone else said! Best wishes!
                    1993 Accord DX | Rosewood Brown Metallic

Comment

Originally posted by SPLCB7 View Post
                      sad to see the cb in this condition i loved it back in the day. however your doing good with the girl thats more important best of luck bud
                      Yeah it was kinda cool back in the day. But you're right, priorities change.

Originally posted by apalileo View Post
                      Ditto on what everyone else said! Best wishes!
                      Thanks man!

Form.Follows.Function

Comment

Anyone in the PNW want to come and get this? I'll make you a killer deal. Comes with most everything in my build page except the headlights and fogs. It runs but would suggest towing it since its not exactly road legal at the moment.

Quick list of what is on the car at the moment...

Megan Racing EZ-Street coilovers

Progress 22mm rear sway bar

Neuspeed front upper strut bar - Real Neuspeed

OEM REAR FLUSHMOUNT SPOILER - Its cracking but definitely a good score for someone who wants it.

Honda of America eagle badges x2

lots of bushings were replaced and still good if you care..

CF hood but is damaged and needs a lot of work to repair...may not be salvageable...

plus lots of other bits...feel free to browse my build list.

Need the car gone soon and would like someone to take it all, no parting out unless you have cash in hand for the part you want. Im not in the country but my cousin has the car and will be there to help.

Let me know if you're interested, thanks!

Last edited by islandhopper; 11-13-2017, 12:41 PM. Reason: grammar

Form.Follows.Function

Comment

Form.Follows.Function

Comment

I recovered all my photos from this thread that photobucket killed and uploaded them to Flickr. 309 pics so if you were interested in something you can browse through if you like.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/108410.../shares/i0C65H

Form.Follows.Function

Comment

Are you still living in Germany? And what became of your car? Hope all is well man
                              Henry R
                              Koni/Neuspeed
                              1992 Accord LX R.I.P
                              1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
                              Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
                              made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

Originally posted by HenRoc View Post
                                Are you still living in Germany? And what became of your car? Hope all is well man
                                Yup, still in Germany. Probably for the long haul. My car is still wasting away but I recently had a chat with a Highschool/lifelong buddy of mine who has had countless adventures with me and our crew in that car. He’s interested in resurrecting it. That would be neat. We’ll see...she may live on.

And thanks man! Hope all is well with you too

Form.Follows.Function

Comment

Working...
                                X