Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to reach the center bolt on exhaust pipe a?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to reach the center bolt on exhaust pipe a?

Am attempting to get the 3 bolts off my exhaust pipe that attached to exhaust manifold. I can't seem to reach the center bolt. The crossmember is blocking it. I thought about using a flared(or regular crows foot) crows foot and get it from top. Any suggestions?

swivel socket. dont round it off.
    COUPE K24

Comment

yeah i thought of that of course but it is going to be at a good angle if i can reach it. I haven't jacked up car yet and tried that cause i want to consider all my options as i am in apartment parking lot.

Comment

I've always just used a 14mm impact socket and 2-3 long straight extensions, never had a problem... Not sure why you can't get it.
        MRT: 1993 Honda Accord SE Coupe (Lola)

Comment

Originally posted by Rilas View Post
          I've always just used a 14mm impact socket and 2-3 long straight extensions, never had a problem... Not sure why you can't get it.
          Same here. Hasn't been hit in the front and pushed it back? You might try just taking the bolt out of the top of the front mount and see if the engine drop some at the front (pivots down) enough for you to get a socket and extension up there. It is much easier if you have the front end in the air. Got ramps?
          90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
          08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

yeah it was easy. I didn't even need a swivel extension. Just was worried and wanted to be prepared for anything as i work on it in an apartment parking. Got everything off, including the gaskets. The right gasket was sort of a pain to pry out. Bolts made a big cracking sound when first cracked loose, which at first i thought the bolt snapped but it didn't. This was alot easier than i expected. I think soaking it in pbj for a week made the difference. Now just got to put gaskets in and button everything down.

Comment

all buttoned up and no more exhaust leak. My mpg should now sky rocket in the city. One of the easiest things i've done on this car actually.

Comment

Glad it went well. On to the next project!
                90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
                08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

Do you have a new car yet?

Comment

Originally posted by F22Chris View Post
                    Do you have a new car yet?
                    Haha, getting there. My neighbor always sais that. It is close to riding and driving like new. Now on to redoing ac and waiting for a sale on a rebuilt tranny(got no 5th gear). And of course some other things to do along the way.

Comment

If you have AC questions I’ll be happy to help when you post.

Comment

Working...
                      X