Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Eyelid question.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Eyelid question.

Alright, I'm thinking of going nasty with The Vig. I'm wanting to just paint on eyelids, same color as the car. Only thing is, I'm not sure how it'll look and how "tall" I'd need to make them. There are lines that run horizontal on the lights, just like the cb7 lights. I'm thinking I can use that as a place to measure but I'm not sure what the average eyelid actually measures...if anyone could tell me?
    VIP Status.

make a template. cut some paper, and put it over the lights.

and adjust.

Click sig to view MR thread

Links to other rides:
    Honda Accord Euro-R
    Honda Odyssey Absolute
    Honda City I-DSi
    Honda Stream

Comment

Who cares what everyone else make there, make then YOUR measurements!!
      Will look bad ass eathier way!!

Listen to blizzard335, Thats the way to do it!!
      Good luck!!
      Cappuccino Member #9<--- click for thread

^click for MRT^
      CB9 MRT-R.I.P.
      Coupe MRT

Comment

why are u gonna paint it just get vinyl ones easier to remove and wont mess up your lights

Comment

Originally posted by DR.PEPPER_CB7 View Post
          why are u gonna paint it just get vinyl ones easier to remove and wont mess up your lights
          a) because he doesn't want to
          b) because it doesn't mess up your lights
          Originally posted by sweet91accord
          if aredy time i need to put something in cb7tuner. you guy need to me a smart ass about and bust on my spelling,gramar and shit like that in so sorry.

Comment

Number 1, I wanted to get a general idea on how everyone elses eyelids are, measurement wise. Not once did I say I'm going to use those exact measurements, but you're right...I can just make them my own way.

Number 2, they don't make shit for the Vigor...I already have a couple cans of matching paint left, and I don't feel like buying white vinyl.

Number 3, paint won't really mess the lights up...and I'm not thinking of taking them off once they're on anyways.....

Number 4, I might not even do eyelids because my car looks good the way it is right now anyways
            VIP Status.

Comment

IMO, you should make them out of fiberglass if you do them at all. i am kind of biased towards glass, but to me painted headlights jsut look cheesy. its not really that hard of you take the time to do it right. cover the headlights (and surrounding areas if you dont take them off of the car first) with aluminum foil, smooth it out, and paint a light coat of resin straight onto the foil. place some small pieces of matting (not too much or it will sag) onto the resin and let it mostly cure. this first layer shouldnt be saturated with resin or, like previously stated, the 'glass likes to slide down the front of the headlight. now put another coat of resin on a little thicker then a full layer of matting. soak the matting with resin and stipple it with your paintbrush to get all the air out and smooth it as much as possible. repeat this process until it is as strong as you want, then sand it down, bondo it, sand the bondo, prime, wet-sand, and paint. mount them to your headlights with 3M outdoor double-sided tape. it turns out great and is easily removable.

like other people said, do it whichever way you want to, this is just my suggestion and how i did it.

Click for my Member's Ride Thread
              Originally posted by Stephen Fry
              'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry
              Eye Level Media - Commercial & Automotive Photography: www.EyeLevelSTL.com

Comment

Originally posted by 92vig
                Number 4, I might not even do eyelids because my car looks good the way it is right now anyways

You just answered your own question!!
                And I think you're right!!

...........AE86-GTS: SOLD.................................................. ........CB7-DX: SOLD

Comment

i just painted them on my accord
                  http://www.myspace.com/alliance_nwracing

cb7 NOW FOR SALE!!!

Comment

my opinion,
                    i wouldnt do it just cause your vigor and these cb7 lights are so wide and narrow already that adding an eyelid makes the headlights look too small, but i have seen some cb7s look good with them. if i were going to do it on your vigor i would measure down to about the same level as where the the chrome on the top part of the grill stops and make a nice clean line all the way across the front of the car

Comment

I painted some eyelids on mineI used the second line from the top and it was a pretty go size not too thick and not too thin
                      Amablejay

Comment

Working...
                      X