INT : P12 Install

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by motobmx105 View Post
    i just installed a p12 on my a4 and now im getting an idle surge from 1000 rpm to 1500 rpm. idk should i try and reset the ecu.??
    Why does everyone ask about resetting the ECU? IT WAS OUT OF THE CAR! It doesn't get any more reset than completely out of a car!

And this is not the thread for your problem, but I'll help; FITV and/or IACV need cleaned/adjusted. Threads in the DIY section!

Comment

i knew that lol but i just cleaned the iacv when i did my h23 IM swap. and it wasnt doin it after that.. just after i installed the p12? idk i think ill ust run the stock one i couldnt really tell a difference.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=91030 <--MY RIDE!
      http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=140230 <--MY ongoing ENGINE BUILD!..

Comment

try a different p12. i don't know why someone would even mention the fitv and iacv if they were fine before the ecu swap.

Comment

i knew that lol but i just cleaned the iacv when i did my h23 IM swap. and it wasnt doin it after that.. just after i installed the p12? idk i think ill ust run the stock one i couldnt really tell a difference.
          If your IACV and your FITV are out of whack it will not show much of a difference. Your call, but I think I'd check them both out before I gave up on it.

Originally posted by minoreparations View Post
          try a different p12. i don't know why someone would even mention the fitv and iacv if they were fine before the ecu swap.
          Because the different ECU is going to read them differently. The old ECU was used to them being out of adjustment and compensated to some degree.

When I swapped mine out, I had the same issue; idle fluctuation. I opened them up cleaned them tightened them and it went away. That's why I suggest it.

Comment

idk the fitv is blocked off cuz my TB didnt have one so idk we'll see

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=140230 <--MY ongoing ENGINE BUILD!..

Comment

Wait... so you have the h23 IM and you are useing the p12? if I read that correctly you need to be using the ecu for the h23.

Comment

Originally posted by topcop182 View Post
                Wait... so you have the h23 IM and you are useing the p12? if I read that correctly you need to be using the ecu for the h23.
                No, he either wants to run the pt6 out of the f22a6, or he needs to delete the secondary butterflies or hook them to vacuum.

Comment

i deleted the butterflys. i just swapped my stock ecu in and no jumpy idle? i have no clue what it is?

Comment

i deleted the butterflys. i just swapped my stock ecu in and no jumpy idle? i have no clue what it is?
                    I told you what it was. I had the same issue with mine. I swapped in the p12, my idle started fluctuating, I cleaned and adjusted my FITV and IACV again and it was fine.

Comment

this diy works for an automatic?..because i was about to install mine but for some reason i couldnt take off the plate...did anybody had the same problem...like i was pulling the plate off but on the left side it was like stuck...
                      I MISS MY CB7
                      ((((((()))))))

Comment

Originally posted by CB710AE View Post
                        this diy works for an automatic?..because i was about to install mine but for some reason i couldnt take off the plate...did anybody had the same problem...like i was pulling the plate off but on the left side it was like stuck...
                        Did you unplug the harness first? It's pretty tight.

Comment

Originally posted by visualpoet View Post
                          Did you unplug the harness first? It's pretty tight.
                          no i couldnt is yours auto?...how did you do it?..because i was pulling it and it was stuck...
                          I MISS MY CB7
                          ((((((()))))))

Comment

no i couldnt is yours auto?...how did you do it?..because i was pulling it and it was stuck...
                            No, mine's a 5 speed, but the ECU harness was tight to remove, which made the plate hard to lift and turn. Carefully use a screwdriver to depress the clip and pop the plugs out of the computers.

Comment

Yes,it works for autos,i'm auto.Ecu has nothing to do with your transmission,on automatics the tcu deals with that.You'll see it next to your ecu when you install,dont mess with it.

spoonsportsaddict

Comment

ECU and TCU co-comunicate!
                                Only get an MT if you car is MT
                                AT is for AT
                                but AT works for MT aswell

Your car wont shift correctly if you dont use an AT ecu
                                Your man for wiring solutions!
                                CB7Man's Coupe H22 Swap
                                CB7Man's Sedan Resurrected From The Dead

Comment

Working...
                                X