Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

H23 VTEC bin map

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

H23 VTEC bin map

Is anybody running a H23 VTEC map on a p28 at this point?
    Just got mine in but the p13 and p14 runs it like crap.
    Also tried the p28 stock, but to no avail.
    Any ideas?
    MadLab Racing
    Southern Maryland

find a tuner.
    either kill it or drift it...

2002 Toyota Tundra V8

Comment

PM your email,

Black Housing DIY 1991 Wagon Morimoto Retrofit
      JDM One-Piece Headlight Lens Repair

Comment

Originally posted by trah View Post
        find a tuner.
        wow, interesting. you can just keep all your advice.

cool alex, I was just lookin for something, I got it goin.
        MadLab Racing
        Southern Maryland

Comment

I have a good one if you want to test it.

Black Housing DIY 1991 Wagon Morimoto Retrofit
          JDM One-Piece Headlight Lens Repair

Comment

I can test it for you, but I gotta wait until I have the money for a battery.
            Having some issues with the car, not in regards to the tune.

If only I could find a tuner, haha!
            MadLab Racing
            Southern Maryland

Comment

it looks pretty solidWhat injectors come with the H23 VTEC, the 240cc or 330cc low impedance, or are they the 290cc high impedance?

I downloaded an H23 VTEC map that has a final fuel multiplier of 1.43. Person who did it must have based the maps off a stock H22 map. it looks pretty solid............
              Last edited by GhostAccord; 08-24-2011, 11:24 PM.
              MR Thread
              GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

I am not sure I will have to look, I am using 450cc black top.
                I got it going, running pretty sweet, once I got the wideband hooked up,
                and found someone to drive while I played.

small amounts of people I trust to drive my car.
                MadLab Racing
                Southern Maryland

Comment

OK so a stock H23 VTEC map would have been poop anyway.

What fuel correction offset are you using with the black tops?
                  MR Thread
                  GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by GhostAccord View Post
                    OK so a stock H23 VTEC map would have been poop anyway.

What fuel correction offset are you using with the black tops?
                    are you askin if I am using closed loop or throttle tip in style corrections?
                    MadLab Racing
                    Southern Maryland

Comment

crome has dsm blue top option, not blacktops if im not mistaken
                      fuel correction- the ammount of fuel the program uses to calculate pulse of injectors, being that you'll need it to run DSM's
                      Originally posted by deevergote
                      Just do what PR CB7 said.

"I'm Going For Wood" (Clickey Clickey)

Comment

my guess

my guess is that he just put in 450 for the new injector and left the 240 as the old.

He then probably just added or took away fuel form the maps until he got it.

Which would not show up on the multiplier

EDIT: My bad Ghost said offset, not multiplier.

I would still imagine that a lot of the map is different, being that you will get a lot more low-mid range torque from that motor than an unstroked h22.
                        Last edited by Ghetto_CB7; 08-25-2011, 05:52 PM.

201 Whp H22a with bolt ons, see the progress from stock f22a to now HERE

Comment

I left the multiplier at 240 correct, and just played until I had a huge smile on my face.

I did a street tune, but really wanna dyno this beast because there is a lot of low down torue and smoothness the h22 is missing.

got a small quirk to fix then good to go.
                          I ran through about 6 sets of plugs till I run where I want tho.
                          MadLab Racing
                          Southern Maryland

Comment

Originally posted by drummersteve7 View Post
                            are you askin if I am using closed loop or throttle tip in style corrections?
                            Are you using Crome?

if you are and you have installed fuel tools. There is an advanced tab when you open the fuel multiplier calculator. Under that tab there is a location where you input an individual fuel correction offset. This is the best way to get any sort of non Honda injectors to idle and operate appropriately.

Originally posted by PR CB7 View Post
                            crome has dsm blue top option, not blacktops if im not mistaken
                            As far as battery offset settings / injector correction offset settings, they are not adjusted using the same tables

Crome has both blue top (90-94 Turbo) and black top (94-99 Turbo) DSM battery offsets on it's list of options under the advanced tables.

Originally posted by drummersteve7 View Post
                            I left the multiplier at 240 correct, and just played until I had a huge smile on my face.

I did a street tune, but really wanna dyno this beast because there is a lot of low down torue and smoothness the h22 is missing.

got a small quirk to fix then good to go.
                            I ran through about 6 sets of plugs till I run where I want tho.
                            So you did not set any of the adjustments for the use of 450cc injectors? You did all of your fuel corrections straight from the fuel maps themselves? Any chance you could email your crome .bin file that you are using? I'd like to take a look at it. ghost_accord@rogers.com

I'd be surprised if you might not end up having more than a small quirk to fix.

Are you using a wideband O2 or just reading your plugs?
                            Last edited by GhostAccord; 08-28-2011, 01:47 PM.
                            MR Thread
                            GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

just sent it man, I got an LM-2 wideband, but I cant get my o2 sensor to budge, so I am running an innovative sniffer style o2 attachment to the exhaust, after the cat. not the best but it is better than nothing.

I also just ordered a Tuner ECU Extension so I can hook everything else into it.

let me know if you got any brain expertise I could use.

Originally posted by GhostAccord View Post
                              Are you using Crome?
                              if you are and you have installed fuel tools. There is an advanced tab when you open the fuel multiplier calculator. Under that tab there is a location where you input an individual fuel correction offset. This is the best way to get any sort of non Honda injectors to idle and operate appropriately.

As far as battery offset settings / injector correction offset settings, they are not adjusted using the same tables

Crome has both blue top (90-94 Turbo) and black top (94-99 Turbo) DSM battery offsets on it's list of options under the advanced tables.

So you did not set any of the adjustments for the use of 450cc injectors? You did all of your fuel corrections straight from the fuel maps themselves? Any chance you could email your crome .bin file that you are using? I'd like to take a look at it. ghost_accord@rogers.com

I'd be surprised if you might not end up having more than a small quirk to fix.

Are you using a wideband O2 or just reading your plugs?
                              MadLab Racing
                              Southern Maryland

Comment

Working...
                              X