X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Davids92Accord View Post
    haha nice.. but im thinking more like F20b DOHC Vtec or H22 Vtec
    ohh shit yeah f20b dohc vtec! great engine~

those are both good choices, id be torn to lol.

i think now, after all the swaps ive done, i would go f20b vtec, i believe its better for boost than the h22 from the factory at least
    ]

Comment

Oh and btw dont half ass it the transmission is EVERYTHING!!!

I went through 3 trannys on my JDM H22a. My last 1/4 mile time (posted with slips) was a 15.2 with an h23 tranny with a bad 3rd gear lol

I actually have a 3600$ transmission for my cb7 now, Its still the h23 tranny, at the time I didnt have any other transmission around and the h22 trans I'd have to order, and since I needed a built tranny I didnt want to buy a working h22a trans and tear it apart.

I have h23 trans with cryo treated insides and all this fancy stuff and lsd.

I honestly like the gearing of h23 trans, the h22a 1st and 2nd are so freaking low.

BUT HONESTLY, the h22a trans would be best for the f20b because of its size and low torque.

Im not too brushed up on the f20b but i think h trans will fit on there. maybe not.

just know that the f20b is less torquey than the H22, and honestly my H has some serious balls at low RPMS

I have a video of me beating a badass foxbody stang that "ran 12s" lol obviously not, but if i didnt have that off the line torque I couldnt have kept up.

But the f20b can sure pull hard once it gets going

im typing alot I know but Ive never had that motor, and i think it would be pretty cool to have.

someone here had the f20b vtec in his car he was from texas he had a body kit and all. I dont know if hes still around, but his car was pretty fast, and it had all this extra weight from the body kit. it looked good though with the body kit.

So just get a good trans with whatever motor you get, and do the swap right. a simple thick ground wire from the engine to the frame can make a world of a difference when you swap an engine.

good luck with whatever you get, your car will definately be AoM material after an engine swap
      ]

Comment

Originally posted by Turbo Dave View Post
        Oh and btw dont half ass it the transmission is EVERYTHING!!!

I went through 3 trannys on my JDM H22a. My last 1/4 mile time (posted with slips) was a 15.2 with an h23 tranny with a bad 3rd gear lol

I actually have a 3600$ transmission for my cb7 now, Its still the h23 tranny, at the time I didnt have any other transmission around and the h22 trans I'd have to order, and since I needed a built tranny I didnt want to buy a working h22a trans and tear it apart.

I have h23 trans with cryo treated insides and all this fancy stuff and lsd.

I honestly like the gearing of h23 trans, the h22a 1st and 2nd are so freaking low.

BUT HONESTLY, the h22a trans would be best for the f20b because of its size and low torque.

Im not too brushed up on the f20b but i think h trans will fit on there. maybe not.

just know that the f20b is less torquey than the H22, and honestly my H has some serious balls at low RPMS

I have a video of me beating a badass foxbody stang that "ran 12s" lol obviously not, but if i didnt have that off the line torque I couldnt have kept up.

But the f20b can sure pull hard once it gets going

im typing alot I know but Ive never had that motor, and i think it would be pretty cool to have.

someone here had the f20b vtec in his car he was from texas he had a body kit and all. I dont know if hes still around, but his car was pretty fast, and it had all this extra weight from the body kit. it looked good though with the body kit.

So just get a good trans with whatever motor you get, and do the swap right. a simple thick ground wire from the engine to the frame can make a world of a difference when you swap an engine.

good luck with whatever you get, your car will definately be AoM material after an engine swap
        I definitely agree about the transmission i wasnt going to half ass it buy just getting the engine and using my f22 trans. when i get the H22 im getting it with the M2B4 LSD transmission.

For the F20b is a high revving engine and i am going to get it with the T2T4 transmission that was made for the that engine also with LSD and i think the gear ratios on that tranny are better than the H22 which makes up for the less torque.

lol decisions decisions

CLICK ON SIG FOR MEMBERS RIDE
        "2SIIC"
        Authentic Jerseys for sale
        http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=188314

Comment

Coño that's a sweet ride man!
          I fly by like the coupe grew wings!!!
          Speeding!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
          My coupe!!!
          http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=152924

Originally posted by Racer_XXX
          Excuse me miss, YOUR FUPA IS IN THE WAY!!!

Comment

Car is SO fresh, looks really nice!

Some of the pictures in your thread are not viewable. Which is a shame!

UKDM 93 CB3 Page (1) H22A U2Q7 LSD
            UKDM 91 4ws Page (3) OEM Minter
            NOW H22A U2Q7 SWAPPED

Comment

Finally and update!

I have finally decided to update my thread since I got my car back on the road back in September.

The first picture I took of her at my house

after I washed her

and this is how she looks like today.

"2SIIC"

Comment

looks really nice. makes me miss my CB :/
                FRIENDS
                DONT LET
                FRIENDS
                ROLL ON
                ROTA'S

Comment

How are you enjoying your prelude 5 lug swap? have you noticed any extra turn in since doing it? Also that is a clean cb7 but you knew that already.
                  CB7TUNER.com
                  Educating each other one car at a time.

Comment

Originally posted by mugencivic4dr View Post
                    looks really nice. makes me miss my CB :/
                    Thanks man, i have been doing my best to keep it clean.

Originally posted by cb9love View Post
                    How are you enjoying your prelude 5 lug swap? have you noticed any extra turn in since doing it? Also that is a clean cb7 but you knew that already.
                    I am honestly enjoying every bit of it. The breaking response is way better than stock, especially at higher speeds I am also running stock EF upper control arms without a camber kit and I had no issues getting an alignment.

My future plans still include swapping in a h22a but right now my engine is running great so I am currently working on getting bigger rims so I can get upgrade to Acura RL calipers

"2SIIC"

Comment

clean

clean

Did I not comment on this thread before? well....I've had your sig pic saved on my hard drive for over a year...as a reference. (is that weird?)

also, did you use the rosewood factory code for your paintjob, or just one close to it? Looks a little more gold

Comment

Originally posted by DCB7 View Post
                        clean

Did I not comment on this thread before? well....I've had your sig pic saved on my hard drive for over a year...as a reference. (is that weird?)

also, did you use the rosewood factory code for your paintjob, or just one close to it? Looks a little more gold
                        Lol not weird at all man it just shows respect from one CB owner to another.

I actually had it painted the original paint color which is seattle silver which i think is why it looks gold

"2SIIC"

Comment

Originally posted by Davids92Accord View Post
                          Lol not weird at all man it just shows respect from one CB owner to another.

I actually had it painted the original paint color which is seattle silver which i think is why it looks gold
                          of course

I respect it bro. Its clean like that

My name is David as well btw
                          Posted for updates, I see you gearing up for new wheels

Comment

it's been a while since I've posted on this thread. I'm here to bump it up and give my as usual! good to see you're still around bro!
                            Omar | aww_shiet | Facebook | Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by aww_shiet View Post
                              it's been a while since I've posted on this thread. I'm here to bump it up and give my as usual! good to see you're still around bro!
                              Yeah man it's been a long time since we both posted here lol

"2SIIC"

Comment

Always liked this car....AoM Nomination.
                                '94 JDM H22A: 178whp 146wtq

Originally posted by deevergote
                                If you say double dutch rudder, i'm banning you...

Comment

Working...
                                X