Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

cam shaft seal leaking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cam shaft seal leaking

I started my engine and all was good until i crawled underneath and seen a little oil on the back side on the edge of the head gasket and about shit, but after looking around, its coming from my cam shaft seal which is brand new, and i installed it all right. So what would cause that to happen. im going to replace it, but what if it still leaks after i put the seal in. they are both honda factory seals. any ideas why this is happening.

anyone have this happen?

Comment

You rub oil all over the seal before installing it?
      Current 2016 Ford F150 XLT Sport
      Past 1990 Accord EX Sedan
      Past 1990 Accord LX Sedan
      Past 1991 Accord LX Sedan
      Past 1993 Accord LX Wagon
      Current 1991 Accord EX Wagon

Comment

no, just the factory grease in the groove that was already in it.

Comment

i was brought up to soak the cam seals for 5min before installing, thats just how i do it, always no matter what put oil on any seal.. just my 2 cents

Comment

ill try that but all the other seals are fine that just had grease packed in the middle. thanks

Comment

Originally posted by tootall View Post
              ill try that but all the other seals are fine that just had grease packed in the middle. thanks
              hope all goes well good luck

Comment

Yeah i hope it works, its stressing me out.

Comment

yea just get a new one and oil the shit out of it..

1990 Accord LX Sedan~Sold
                  1993 Accord EX Sedan~Sold
                  1995 Suzuki GSX-R 750~Totaled

Comment

do you think by not oiling it that it tore it some how or something

Comment

yep it`s torn ....oil it,, time too get 1 more....oil is your friend

Comment

would you suggest taking the rocker arm loose to get it out, because its going to be hard to get out without removing the rocker arm or loosening it

Comment

when it is installed, make sure it is even and not cockeyed.
                          I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Ive looked at it closely when i put it in and you can still see that its still lined up perfect all the way around. how would you go about taking it out. would you loosen the rocker arm?

Comment

nah, you can get it out with a pick or small screwdriver.
                              I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Working...
                              X