Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

MOGOTP aka Gabriel, Intro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MOGOTP aka Gabriel, Intro

Hello, My name is Gabriel. I am from Pueblo Colorado. Very happy to be here! I have been a member for some months and just getting around to introducing myself.

I have a phantom gray pearl (NH-561P-3) 1992 Accord LX sedan with gray interior (Type B), I can't find any exact specs for the interior but it looks dark gray, on the dash and doors but a lighter gray for the seats and carpet. I thought it was palmy blue but def not.

I bought my CB7 from my mom for $400. It needs work and is a DD/project for me. I just completed a clutch job, which took me 7 months to do, lol. Doing the work on an uneven dirt surface with only jackstands and a 3 ton jack, that I swear weighs 800lbs, sucks! I originally bought an XTR clutch, which didn't work out the first time that I attempted the job, but at least I got a lightened Chromoly flywheel out of it! The trans wouldn't shift into gear while running so I bought an Exedy OEM kit and it works just fine now.

The car is already lowered but on some cheap Ebay coil over sleeves, the blue springs with plastic sleeves (cringe!), they'll work for now. I recently found some Megan coil over sleeves and Megan header at my local pull and pay but didn't have enough cash so I had to leave them.... Oh well, maybe next time. My dad bought the car for my mom and it was already lowered, lol. Awesome, but she couldn't get in and out of it!

My brother (#4 of 5) kinda took over the car and as a result I had to replace the 2 passenger doors, fender, bumper, and lights. I don't think he can see all that well. Oh, found out that the 1991 CB body parts don't fit on a 1992 and the little doors on our cars are surprisingly heavy. She is a car of many colors so I need to get her painted soon!

My immediate plans are to swap my A1 intake for an A6 lower, using a thermal gasket, and use an H23 upper that I will double stack. I'll swap out the cam for an A6, or have it reground, when I do my T-belt sometime very soon. I am still trying to decide on the cam. Of course I will swap the ECU as well.

Tuning, fuel injection, and having more than 1 cam scare me. I once tried to help my brother (#4 of 5) with his timing issue for his '92 Stealth R/T TT but once I saw those 4 cam sprockets I was like, brother you may have to just sell her like she is... It's probably more simple than I am making it out to be, lol. Thank god my Accord only has 1 camshaft, though. My history is with muscle cars and V-8's. My first car was a 1969 Torino GT fastback (the love of my life, I am going to get her back!). I must've torn that car apart 100 different times. I know carburetors and ancient things but I am learning and excited to get into the import scene. I have always liked the 4th gen Accords. There was a white sedan around locally that I remember seeing, when the cars were new, and I thought that it was a good looking car. It had the cool spoiler, with the brake light, tinted windows, and nice rims.

My brother (#2 of 5) swears by Honda and recently just sold his sickly boosted GSR. My 2nd car was his 1983 Accord LX. I didn't take care of it and ran it to the ground, poor Hondy, sorry Hondy.... I have owned a 1999 Cougar with a 3.0l, swapped from a Taurus (Bought it that way), a 1985 E30 325e (I miss that car), and currently driving around a grandma'd out gold 2003 Buick Lesabre, (wife's car and got it at auction for $900), while my CB is waiting for misc. lights and legal (insurance) things to get sorted.

Thanks for having me guys! Thank you for posting such great info and hopefully I can add to the knowledge base someday for I have taken much. First DIY is the Civic light bulb/fog light fix (it's a fix in my book). See ya around!

That's an intro, alright!

First things first, get off of that junk suspension as soon as you can. Buy some decent shocks and springs, or some full-body coilovers. If you're wanting to really lower the car, then your shock options are severely limited, mostly to the Koni yellows. It's what I have, and many others who value good suspension, purchase. I paired mine with Ground Control coilovers on this car, but have done H&R race, H&R sport and Progress on others. All are top notch. There are coilovers that can be found for cheaper than what it would cost to put together some Koni yellows and H&R springs, but they're not worth it. At all.

What '90-'91 parts were you having trouble fitting onto a '92-'93? The bumpers, headlights, grill, taillights and trunk lids are the only real differences.
    My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

If he was swapping doors, I've found that the wiring is different between 90-91 and 92-93. The doors can be swapped, but you need to swap the harness also.
      90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
      08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

Hi Jarrett, Yeah I need to change the set up quickly. The suspension squeaks and it sounds like it's crying! I am going to save up and buy the Tein street basis Z coilovers. Tein is good right? Found them for just under $500?!

I was having problems with the doors and fender fitting from a 1991 to my 1992. The door, particularly the front passenger door, had a big gap, about a 1/4 inch, on top rear corner of the door. I searched all over CB7Tuner with no info regarding this misfitment other than the wagon doors being non-compatible. The fender seemed smaller. Weird, probably just me....

fleetw00d, yes exactly, the wiring is different. I started stripping the wiring out to swap it over and got pissed and took the doors back. The one grommet connector thing is a b**** to get out.

Comment

Welcome!
          Phantom Gray 92 LX sedan... that’s exactly what my car was! It’s nice to see another out there!

And yes, tein is good. A much better choice than 90&#37; of the coilovers out there for the CB. Though I prefer static springs and good shocks, personally. I have adjustables on my Miata, and I’ve never messed with them.

Comment

Thank you, Deevergote!

I really like that color, Phantom Gray pearl. I am going to keep my LX that color. I've been searching my local yards for the replacement body panels in the same color.

Tein it is! The roads around my area are crap but I want the suspension nice and tight because there is a track locally that I want to run on.

Comment

I am laughing at the fact that you said the word "Hondy"!!
              I swear I thought I was the only person who said that, haha.

Welcome to the site!

I always enjoy reading detailed posts. Keep it coming.
              Keep Pushing..

Comment

Originally posted by MOGOTP View Post
                I was having problems with the doors and fender fitting from a 1991 to my 1992. The door, particularly the front passenger door, had a big gap, about a 1/4 inch, on top rear corner of the door. I searched all over CB7Tuner with no info regarding this misfitment other than the wagon doors being non-compatible. The fender seemed smaller. Weird, probably just me....

fleetw00d, yes exactly, the wiring is different. I started stripping the wiring out to swap it over and got pissed and took the doors back. The one grommet connector thing is a b**** to get out.
                The issue with the door may be the hinges. Did you just bolt up the door without attempting to adjust the fit at the hinges - there is some play at both mounting points. If the hinge is worn, the door will sag. Open the door, then lift up on the rear end and see how much movement there is in the hinges.

The lower hinge on my driver door is worn out (the head of the pin has wallowed out a hole in the hinge bracket) so that it sags down. I verified in a junk yard the other day that it appears to be possible to change the lower hinge without removing the fender, just undo the rear portion of the fender liner.
                Last edited by Fleetw00d; 10-12-2018, 10:35 PM.
                90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
                08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

Thanks for the welcome, G. Wiffington!

Haha! Yeah, that was the '83 Accords name, Hondy. I come up with stuff like that all of the time. Apparently, I am not the only, geniusly minded, player of words around here My grammar stinks but I get by.....

I will definitely keep it up!

Comment

Originally posted by fleetw00d View Post
                    The issue with the door may be the hinges. Did you just bolt up the door without attempting to adjust the fit at the hinges - there is some play at both mounting points. If the hinge is worn, the door will sag. Open the door, then lift up on the rear end and see how much movement there is in the hinges.

The lower hinge on my driver door is worn out (the head of the pin has wallowed out a hole in the hinge bracket) so that it sags down. I verified in a junk yard the other day that it appears to be possible to change the lower hinge without removing the fender, just undo the rear portion of the fender liner.
                    Thanks fleetw00d, I'll give it a try . I took the "mismatched" doors back to the salvage yard and got another set (passenger side, front and back), but my back door isn't fitting correctly, now. The front door (non-mismatched), fit the first time around, didn't have to adjust it at all. The back door is rubbing on the bottom so I have to adjust that? I didn't think that there was any play to adjust the doors as it didn't look like it was possible, when I put the doors on.

Comment

fleetw00d, I have successfully lined up the doors. I adjusted the striker and the door hinges. Looks pretty good except the damage to the quarter panel, the color of the door, and it's dirty.

[IMG][/URL][/IMG]

Comment

Nice deal with your mom. Hope you find the parts that you are looking for.

Comment

Thanks Storm84!

Comment

Working...
                          X