No announcement yet.

XCRN : 1990 Accord EX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

M2S4 is in! Now the question is weather I did a good job. I hear noises but maybe I am paying closer attention than before and I am hearing things that were there I just never noticed.
    Be unique, like every other person.

CB7 Sold________________________E34 Sold________________________E39 Current

Comment

White lights, hood struts, and a almost window anntennas. Not a bad weekend. Annoying that I found out my insurance went from $800 a year to $2600. Now I have no choice but to use the ineficent public transit here. I can atleast take apart my car without needing to put it back the next day.

Comment

So you cant afford the ins now? Dont drive without it, it will cost even more if you get caught. Btw vtec heads are louder than our old sohc.
        My 91 Accord F22B DOHC MR

My 1996 Civic Ex H23A VTEC MR

Comment

It sucks but the bus is the only option. With the time off the road I can do a lot of projects with it, manual rack, minor wire tuck, A/C removal, free or realitivly cheap projects. I have $400 that was for insurance and a job that is next to home. I might be able to finish the swap before I move. Ran the numbers $400 is enough for just the parts for a rebuild, pistons, bearings, etc. Still can't find a reasonable price to hone the cylinders.

Comment

Black housed the headlights, corner lights, and bumper lights this weekend. Not too thrilled about the bumper lights, they look the same. I think lightly smoking the lens and blacking all of the chrome and to stay street legal, get some brighter lights might make it more distinct. I want the bumper lights to be all black but show the orange reflectors. Might just lightly smoke the corner lens to cover the white lines of the plastic.

Also got a nice picture after school.

Though not of my car, a nice photo from walking from the parking lot.

Comment

Sad day today, it is the last day of my insurance so I will be parking it until next summer when I move. The wheel bearings are making noises so that is a good enough excuse to upgrade to Prelude rotors and ROH, power steering pump keeps making noises so a manual rack is in the future, and the black carpet keeps fading so I will strip the entire interior and get it perfect. I am considering as well selling the H23 project and buying maybe an H23, H22, or build up an F22 when I move. There is a lot I can get done in this year of downtime.

Comment

Got to actually drive my car on Friday after a month of public transit. Recently got some stuff like a new shift knob for $6.

I also just got seat covers and tucked them very well. They are comfortable.

And dyed the carpet so it went from black with spots of tan to dark grey with spots of a lighter grey, so better I guess.

Well next thing that needs to be done is suspension sag on one side so finally lowering it with Konis and Neupeeds, and it is either a wheel bearing or the drums are not round, either way, rear disk swap. Hopefully I can find the time to take the transmission out and fix the input beaning and find out why only cruising at 1800 RPM for a few seconds will cause slippage.

Comment

Well I did say I gave up on trying to replace the drum shoes, but the reason I did attempt to do so was there was a noise coming from the rear. It was either the shoes were worn or a bearing and annoyingly I started taking parts out before checking the old shoes which were fine so now I think it is just the bearing needs replaced, which gave me the perfect time to grab these.

I probably will put them in when I order other suspension parts after taxes refund and next pay check I hope. Will probably go Yonaka coilovers as they seem to be good other than being a harsh ride, and if any passengers complain about the ride, well they can kiss my sore ass.

Comment

Buzzing Noise in Mirrors

So last summer I had a problem with the side mirrors where this buzzing would happen with car on or off. Made no sense but everything eorked as it should atleast for a 23 year old car. The noise stopped after a week it started. Last night I took off my mirros to do an experiment and I found something interesting, I now know what was causing the buzzing noise in the summer.

It was a fucking wasps nest.

Comment

Picked up a 92-93 front bumper, no bumper lights but it's not like im driving at the moment. Kept the 90-91 headlights because I am cheap but I also like the look of the 90-901 lights over the 92-93. No gaps that are as bad as people say so maybe I was lucky. There is a bad scratch on the passenger side so I will see what paint I can get at auto part stores. Could only get a cell picture as the good camera is in Jammaca with my mom.

I also got a pair of clear corners and put some white and amber LEDs into them, also removed the ghastly pinstripe with one of those eBay Astro pinstripe removal wheels.
                      What is next? Finaly a drop after tax season is over, I have the funds for it now but not enough for a safety cushion.
                      Last edited by XCRN; 01-24-2014, 04:01 AM.

Comment

Got a small update that should lead to a big one eventually. I have multiple suspension parts ordered and still awaiting delivery. So my tax refund went to some Koni struts which arrived today, and there is numerous things that have yet to hit my door step. I am waiting for Vogtland springs, a rotor over hub knuckle, 2.3 CL rotors, and CV boot replacement, which to my surprise the axle is not ticking despite half of the boot missing. So quite the suspension overhaul. Today I was going to get Legend calipers but the 15 Legends in my area did not have the dual piston calipers so I just got the cheapest of the safest rotors for temporary use (2.3 CL) to use with the stock calipers.

Recently I have been doing some thinking about an H22A. I will go that route now but keeping the M2S4 and having a chipped ECU since I do plan to have it tuned after more is done but to start with the VTEC engagement will be lowered to about 4500 so only shifting from 1 to 2 at 7500 RPM I will fall out of VTEC range.

When all the suspension is on I will try to get a few pictures.

Comment

bump for updates....

you get them vogtland springs installed yet?

or have they even come in yet?
                          MRT http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=202004
                          1992 Accord EX(Canadian)Seattle Silver sedan

Comment

They just arrived last night so when I can I will rent a spring compressor. I will get the rear done first, but the front I am still waiting for the knuckles and the rotors.

Comment

Not completely lowered but just thought I would share.

Took some epoxy paint to some of the front suspension components. Damn the forks were dirty, picked up with my bare hands and a clump of 23 year old gunk clogged my drain when I tried to wash my hands.

Here is a comparison of a cleaned dust shield to a freshly painted one.

Comment

And some more progress me and my friend did this evening.

Before:

After:

This was onlt 1.5 cans of epoxy paint for both fronts. Spring break we will get the rear and should be faster because we could not use a pressure washer inside the garage and could not bring the car outside so we spent a few hours rubbing the 20 years of history and dirt.

Also painted the calipers black. Did not put too much effort because the will be swapped eventualy with Legend calipers.
                                Last edited by XCRN; 03-05-2014, 04:42 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X