EXT: OEM CB3 Intersection Harness Installation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EXT: OEM CB3 Intersection Harness Installation

In this DIY I will explain how and where to plug in your OEM CB3 (JDM) intersection light harness.

What's the purpose of intersection lights?

The purpose of the intersection lights are to light up the curbs on side walks for a short amount of time so you can see the sidewalk and avoid hitting it while driving. That's also why they are sometimes called "cornering lamps."

What does an intersection light look like?

The OEM CB3 intersection lights look like this. The OEM bumpers have outlines on the inside of the bumper to help with your cutting for installation.

Here is a diagram on the harness itself, thanks to a fellow cb7tuner!!

ANNNNNNNND now here are the videos I took on how to install the harness:

And lastly here is a link of the intersection lights working while the car was moving:

http://s1281.photobucket.com/user/Ke...ml?sort=3&o=20
    Last edited by dj_ender; 08-04-2013, 01:42 PM.

KEEP IT NICE, NOT RICE

what cb7tuner?
    blackROSE Member, with a focus on VIP Style

Comment

Beg pardon?

KEEP IT NICE, NOT RICE

Comment

those videos don't work

Comment

Good work Alex.
          Last edited by wildBill83; 08-04-2013, 12:39 PM.

Comment

how would this work for someone that as the bumper light as both running light and turning signal and have side markers and battery in relocated to the trunk?

Comment

Amazing love them intersection lights . Amazing video people should do this more often . 5brownie points for you sir

Comment

You can tap the relay into the side marker blinker or the bumper blinker. Also, if you don't have the special relay for the lights you can use on off of a Nissan Maxima.

click to see my ride
                click to check out my bb6 dash swap

Comment

Originally posted by pupildel View Post
                  how would this work for someone that as the bumper light as both running light and turning signal and have side markers and battery in relocated to the trunk?
                  As Moetan has said, "You can tap the relay into the side marker blinker or the bumper blinker. Also, if you don't have the special relay for the lights you can use on off of a Nissan Maxima.

Originally posted by lucifer1 View Post
                  The diagram shows red/blk going to ignition. Red/blk is a light wire.
                  Thanks for the correction Lucifer!

Originally posted by According2Me610 View Post
                  Amazing love them intersection lights . Amazing video people should do this more often . 5brownie points for you sir
                  Thank you sir! I appreciate the brownie points

Originally posted by moetan View Post
                  You can tap the relay into the side marker blinker or the bumper blinker. Also, if you don't have the special relay for the lights you can use on off of a Nissan Maxima.
                  There you go! And awesome alternative, there is another DIY already written up about making your own harness however, this thread is solely meant for the installation of the OEM harness.

KEEP IT NICE, NOT RICE

Comment

Working...
                  X