Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Why am i getting a whistle sound on my AEM SRi???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why am i getting a whistle sound on my AEM SRi???

Just want to know if its normal??? should i be worried or just get used to the new sound???

it's normal...you'll get used to it.

SOLD!!
    Boosted H22
    375whp 298 ft/lbs at 15psi

MEMBERS RIDE THREAD<<<CLICK FOR VIDS AND COOL PICS

Comment

If it's coming from the filter, it's normal.
      If it's coming elsewhere on the SRI, you have an leak.

1999 BMW M3
      2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
      2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
      2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

I don't think there are any leaks how can i be sure??? It only makes the whistle noise while driving if i put it in neutral or park it doesn't happen?!?!?
        Last edited by Fernando is god; 06-22-2011, 06:29 PM. Reason: adding to message

Comment

make sure the lil pipe that comes out of the intake piping has a vacuum hose on it, and that all the other hoses are attached.

Comment

Originally posted by Fernando is god View Post
            I don't think there are any leaks how can i be sure??? It only makes the whistle noise while driving if i put it in neutral or park it doesn't happen?!?!?
            Spray soapy water around the pipe.
            Or carb cleaner/starting fluid.
            MRT
            37.5 MPG, AC on, cruising at 80.
            30.0 MPG, AC on, aggressively driving around 90.
            27.5 MPG, no AC, cruising at 90 with occasional gridlock. 40 degrees Fahrenheit

Lots of DIY videos specifically for our car

Get some awesome wipers! <-- It's a DIY
            Originally posted by Tippey764
            I think driving your car naked will cause the engine to overheat
            Originally posted by deevergote
            sneaky motherfucker

Comment

All connected and still whistling Took the filter off and the very tip of the pipe isn't round it has a straight bend on it could this be causing the whistle?? Should i try and bend it out?

Comment

You said it is whistling while driving. How about idling and right after you turn your car off? My sri makes a whistle sound only after i turn off the car. Startled me at first but like mozzandherb said you get used to it.

That bend shouldn't cause a whistle unless the filter is not sitting flush with the tubing.

Comment

It's flush. I'm going to keep it for a month if i cant get used to it i'm going to take it off and give it away

Comment

Mine is not loud, nor does it make a whislte while driving (that i can hear). The only time it whistles is when i turn off the car ( sounds like a tea kettle). If it is loud enough where you can hear it clearly while driving it make be a vacuum leak.

Comment

Thanks for all the help im going to check really good for leaks

OKay no leaks but i have noticed a huge waste of gas. before the install i would go to and from work 2 weeks before filling up and i think i wasted a half a tank in one day!!! WTF?!?!?
                      Last edited by JoshM; 06-23-2011, 06:37 AM. Reason: merged

Comment

Originally posted by Fernando is god
                        OKay no leaks but i have noticed a huge waste of gas. before the install i would go to and from work 2 weeks before filling up and i think i wasted a half a tank in one day!!! WTF?!?!?
                        I don't think it is the intake, unless you are being a speed racer on the road. Have you done a tune up on the car?

'90 Accord EX(project)
                        '88 CRX SI(DD)-SOLD
                        '95 Prelude SIVTEC-SOLD

Comment

Working...
                        X