Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Cb7's mysterious symptoms..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by heretoaskstuff View Post
    I don't think it is then lol. I've noticed that it cuts off and on when under heavy acceleration, SOMETIMES it'll cut off and back on when cruising around. After it does that if I park it, it'll crank but it won't turn over unless it sits for a while.
    That does sound like a plugged catalytic converter. I had a 1994 Jeep Grand Cherokee that did that, I thought it was an electrical problem and replaced so many expensive parts before I just had a new catalytic converter welded on. It would run fine for 20-30 minutes then die when I tried to accelerate and wouldn't start again for 20-30 minutes.

My Jeep was 3/4 under water at one point in time and that is most likely what killed the converter, not the exhaust itself.

Comment

Originally posted by wildBill83 View Post
      That does sound like a plugged catalytic converter. I had a 1994 Jeep Grand Cherokee that did that, I thought it was an electrical problem and replaced so many expensive parts before I just had a new catalytic converter welded on. It would run fine for 20-30 minutes then die when I tried to accelerate and wouldn't start again for 20-30 minutes.

My Jeep was 3/4 under water at one point in time and that is most likely what killed the converter, not the exhaust itself.
      My car was sitting for a few years so maybe this could've caused the cat to get clogged?

Comment

No its a clogged cat. Clogged cat symptoms would be:

Idles fine, but as you accelerate you get less and less power. You can confirm this with a VAC guage. Monitor the VAC at idle, then raise to 2500 rpm...it should be very close to the same...if its lower then the CAT is clogged or there is a exhaust restriction.
        What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

How To Diagnose Exhaust Restrictions.

this was put together by evil_demon_01 . You can also fined all this and more by him in the Common Beginner Technical Info can be found in here. PLEASE READ HERE FIRST

Not this one though.1990 to 1993 accord fuel psi .

Car safety checks

Diagnose a Check Engine Light (also S/D4 transmission error codes)
          How to Set Base Idle Properly (F22ax, F22bx)
          Cheapest Suspension Setup to Lower Your CB7

Fluid Capacities

Comment

I think it's your main relay.

Hello heretoaskstuff and everyone,

I have a 92 accord 2nd owner till today. It died like 3 times like yours did, it would random die while driving, and it was always the main relay.

if distributor works, Alternator ok, and engine starts while your getting sparks and getting fuel, it should not shut off at all. You know relays can seem ok, but when you are on the road, "vibrations" will make it falter. It's probably that.
            GL man

Comment

Originally posted by Obr_Chaos View Post
              Hello heretoaskstuff and everyone,

I have a 92 accord 2nd owner till today. It died like 3 times like yours did, it would random die while driving, and it was always the main relay.

if distributor works, Alternator ok, and engine starts while your getting sparks and getting fuel, it should not shut off at all. You know relays can seem ok, but when you are on the road, "vibrations" will make it falter. It's probably that.
              GL man
              You're right, I already have a brand new main relay straight from honda and a few other parts to put on my car but it's hard to find the time to replace it when I'm working 12 hours everyday of the week, and my personal schedule is backed up.):

Comment

Working...
              X