Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

My 93 Honda Accord LX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That sucks. I had changed my timing belt once I saw stress cracks. Good luck on the repair.

Comment

glad to see your back on the road. i changed mine out first thing because i was scared of that happening. it had 104xxx on the dash and never had one installed. keep pushing forward. i will be following this thread.

Comment

Found these on Craigslist last week before I left for my vacation to Myrtle Beach. I was hoping nobody else would buy them before I got back.

Ended up picking them up when I got back. I am thinking about having them powdercoated because of some damage on one of the wheels.
        Last edited by talonted1990; 08-12-2015, 09:56 PM. Reason: added text

Comment

Nice rims looks like a 5 lug conv commin soon

Comment

Originally posted by wagonkid View Post
            Nice rims looks like a 5 lug conv commin soon
            I spent more than I had planned at Myrtle Beach so I have to wait a little while longer for my 5 lug conversion but I did get some rear hubs.

Comment

I had to work this morning but remembered today was 50&#37; off day at the junkyard. It was pouring raining but I managed to get a pair of Odyssey knuckles before I called it a day. It didn't rain a drop while I was at work or at my house, just my luck.

The dustshields are a little bent but I think I can fix them and I may be replacing the hubs. I am definitely replacing the ball joints, tie rod ends and bushings when I switch it over.

The plan was to buy leather seats, fenders and rear disks off of the SE I found at the junkyard but someone was stripping it when I got there.
              Last edited by talonted1990; 09-06-2015, 08:45 AM.

Comment

going with the 5 lugs conversion?

Comment

Originally posted by vincenity_23 View Post
                  going with the 5 lugs conversion?
                  Yeah, hopefully soon. On the first page of this thread I posted pics of the 2005 Accord rims and Prelude hubs I bought.

Comment

I lost my motivation to work on my car and have been considering buying a Crown Victoria to use as my daily driver.

I decided to take a wheel off of the rear and check my brakes. I then decided to do the 5 lug swap on the rear of my car to see how it would look. Got the first side off and it seems someone has replaced the wheel bearing on the driver's side recently, it came off without any issues or much effort. The passenger side was a little more involved as it came out in pieces and looked to be the original bearing which is impressive as my car has 366K on it. It went back together without any problems, but I ran into a tire problem. I mounted some 225-55r16 tires on my rims and they rubbed the springs. I had to use my wife's spare tire and go to work to mount some more tires on my wheels and try again. I gave up on finding rear disks so I am keeping the drums for now. Enough said onto the pics.

Comment

5 lug so tempting. But i love my oe 14in rims
                      **Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
                      Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
                      Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

Comment

Originally posted by F20A CB7 View Post
                        5 lug so tempting. But i love my oe 14in rims
                        I am the opposite, I have wheel covers and was missing one. I couldn't get the brake dust off of the others and decided to go factory alloy wheels for now. I had a set of 4 lug Prelude SI alloy wheels and the person I loaned them to sold them, so I figured go 5 lug. I'm looking for calipers and brackets to use for the front swap now.

Comment

Found a tire that fits without rubbing. Sorry for the bad picture.

Last edited by talonted1990; 11-29-2015, 09:53 PM.

Comment

No real update, just took a picture because I am driving my accord this week. I have been driving my Volvo wagon for a month or so while I replace parts on my accord. I went to a lower profile tire and I think they look 10x better than the previous set.

Last edited by talonted1990; 05-27-2016, 10:23 AM.

Comment

Nothing real interesting for an update, just got my A/C working after driving my Accord 2 days in 100 degree weather while my wife drives my Volvo. My driver's side wheel bearing is making noise now so I will have to replace it asap.

Comment

Originally posted by talonted1990 View Post
                                Nothing real interesting for an update, just got my A/C working after driving my Accord 2 days in 100 degree weather while my wife drives my Volvo. My driver's side wheel bearing is making noise now so I will have to replace it asap.
                                Ordered new wheel bearings for the front, now I need to decide on brake setup. I most likely will stick with my original plan and just go with the 95 Oddy brake setup, but I am open to suggestions for a better setup. My car is just a regular driver, no track action planned in the future.

Comment

Working...
                                X