Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

motor not strating.......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

motor not strating.......

I just did a head gasket change and took off the value cover the thing that taps on the springs and the head the intake and header along with cam cam pully and the other belts.....well now I put everything back together and connect everything but it just turns over but I been looking around and I didn't set the bottom crank in tdc and I just put the cam pully in up position could that cause it not to start ...and note it does sound different turning over like belts turning real fast but idk any suggestions

From what you've typed, I really can't follow what you did. It sounds to me that you took the head apart without knowing how to properly put it back together. If the valve timing is off, the engine will not run.

Comment

yea fix the timing belt.
      COUPE K24

Comment

How do u set the valve timing ...

Comment

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=55332

You might need a new head. If you've cranked it and the valves slapped the pistons then all the work you just did was for nothing.
          MRT
          37.5 MPG, AC on, cruising at 80.
          30.0 MPG, AC on, aggressively driving around 90.
          27.5 MPG, no AC, cruising at 90 with occasional gridlock. 40 degrees Fahrenheit

Lots of DIY videos specifically for our car

Get some awesome wipers! <-- It's a DIY
          Originally posted by Tippey764
          I think driving your car naked will cause the engine to overheat
          Originally posted by deevergote
          sneaky motherfucker

Comment

Take belt off and put the motor in tdc. If you don't know how let us know because there are plenty of guides on the internet.

Comment

I have no clue how to set everything to tdc

Comment

Then how did you expect to put it all back together after removing the head?

Did you use a manual for the head gasket change (I certainly hope so, because without a manual, you'd have had to have known the head bolt removal/installation pattern, as well as the torque specs... otherwise, that head is very possibly warped by now.) If you used a manual, the instructions for setting everything properly for the timing belt install will be in there.
                If you don't have a manual, I STRONGLY suggest going to www.helminc.com and buying one. They're not cheap, but that's the best manual you can get... the Honda factory service manual. Even a total beginner can do just about anything with patience and focus... and that manual.

However, if you've just haphazardly removed the head bolts, the head is probably damaged. If your valve/piston timing is way off, you may have already smacked your pistons into your valves... definitely ruining the valves, possibly damaging the head, and probably scoring the pistons (which will be creating a source of engine-destroying detonation when the motor is running.)
                Essentially... in the worst case scenario... you may have broke about 65% of the parts inside the engine.

Comment

Alright well Shit I just forgot to time it but can I still try to

Comment

PRIME EXAMPLE TO NOT RIP UR HEAD OFF IF U DO NOT KNOW WHAT EVERYTHING DOES THATS HOE I LEARNET RIPPIN AND TEARING AND MANY SENSELESS MISTAKES O WELL MAN JUS FIDDLE WITH IT CALL UR LOCAL HONDA GURU MY BOYS A MECHANIC SO I HAVE HELP ON HORIZON IF I NEED IT BUT ASK AROUND! AND GOOD LUCK TO U BUDDY P.S SORRY for caps i didnt relize my bad dooooggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzz
                    Originally posted by deevergote
                    This thread is over a year old, you fucking retard.
                    i dont know why this popped up but U MAD BRO? not my fault u is FAKE! CLOWN ASS

Comment

So how do u set the valve timing and the timing if u don't no stop repl
                      aying
                      Last edited by johnny12; 04-13-2011, 01:26 PM.

Comment

The OP doesn't seem to understand how to open a book, and certainly lacks the ability to communicate clearly...

I told you where to go. I told you what to do. Do that.

Nobody here can help you, because we have no idea what you've done to your motor. You didn't follow any proper procedure, from what you're telling us... so there's nothing we can do. Especially since you type like a 3 year old, and we can barely understand you anyway.

Buy a manual. Follow it.

Comment

I don't like your attuide man I ask simple ?, how to time a Honda accord I don't have the book so don't you think I wouldn't ask if I had it ok then

Comment

Originally posted by johnny12 View Post
                            I don't like your attuide man I ask simple ?, how to time a Honda accord I don't have the book so don't you think I wouldn't ask if I had it ok then
                            No one on here can explain how to time a motor better than a service manual (debatable, but for this thread's sake). It will have pictures and diagrams with indication marks and timing tick marks so that, as said before, even a beginner tech could do the job correctly with some concentration and focus.

If the motor is spinning "faster" it sounds like you installed the timing belt wrong. If that's true and you've been trying to start the car all you can do is pray that you valves and pistons didn't kiss [your motor goodbye].

You can even go down to the local Pep Boys/AutoZone/Napa and pick up a Haynes manual. They aren't as detailed as the factory service manual, but they're about half the price and still have a tremendous amount of information.

This should be a great lesson for you. As strong as our motors are, they are so because of procedure that goes into assembling them. Disassembling/reassembling without strict adherence to these procedures (such as the head bolt tightening sequence) will result in your motor failing, no matter how well built it was before.

And don't mistake deev for having an attitude. This is the beginners' forum and he's just trying to explain to you what's up in the straightest way possible.

Good luck with your motor! You'll probably need it...
                            I <3 My Honda CB9!
                            My Hondas
                            1992 Integra LS Coupe (Sad story...)
                            1995 Civic VP Coupe (Traded for->)
                            2002 Civic EX Coupe (Traded for->)
                            2006 Acura MDX (Long story...)
                            1988 Accord DX Sedan (Donated to a friend)
                            1992 Accord LX Wagon (Sad Story)

Comment

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=55332

This may help you. It's the very first sticky in this Beginner Tech forum. If you plan on being a regular here, you may want to become savvy at using the search tool found on every forum page. When in doubt, check all stickies because your questions, most likely, have been about a hundred other members' questions in the past.
                              I <3 My Honda CB9!
                              My Hondas
                              1992 Integra LS Coupe (Sad story...)
                              1995 Civic VP Coupe (Traded for->)
                              2002 Civic EX Coupe (Traded for->)
                              2006 Acura MDX (Long story...)
                              1988 Accord DX Sedan (Donated to a friend)
                              1992 Accord LX Wagon (Sad Story)

Comment

Working...
                              X