Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

my car wont start

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

my car wont start

hey i have a honda accord wagon and my car just stop working two weeks ago i want to know what not letting my car start and it it haves a new battery can any one help me ......p.s i did change the head on the car two mouths ago some one HEEEELLLLPP me

Did u put your ground back on ,on the power streeing pully and the one that goes on the intake ? Or the big black fuse if its blown it won't start ether

Comment

We need more information. It could be your starter. It could be your dizzy. I don't know Tell us more about whats going on.

Comment

well the grounds are on and the cranks over but for some reason it wont start everything else turns on but not the car and ther car haves a full tank of gas but the car was running at one point and the it stop but befor this happen the car was giving me a hard time to start so can any one help me

Comment

Has it got spark?
          Has it got fuel pressure at the fuel rail?
          It the timing correct?

Car Safety / General Servicing Checks --------Basic suspension checks

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

A "Finished" project car is never finished until its been sold.

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

it could be your ignition switch if everything else checks out( spark, fuel ect). Usually when the ignition switch is the blame your car will start and immediately die, so is it starting any or just cranking?

Comment

Determine whether the engine is getting fuel. In other words, test fuel pressure at the rail.

Then determine whether the cylinders are getting spark. That means test the spark at the spark plug tip. (BE SAFE)

To me, it sounds like a bad distributor cap or rotor, or a bad distributor. but start by testing spark and fuel pressure. If you have no fuel pressure, then you may have a bad main relay (it provides power to the fuel pump).

It could be something as simple as a bad connection at the battery terminal, not allowing enough amperage through to properly turn the starter motor but allowing enough to run all the accessories.

Car suddenly stops working sounds to me like the main relay, actually. Put the ignition to the "on" position (just before "start") and listen to hear the fuel pump kick in. If it doesn't then the main relay could have gone bad, causing no power to the fuel pump.

That's if you don't want to run a fuel pressure check.
              Last edited by batever; 05-18-2011, 11:17 PM.

Comment

just cranking thats all it due

Comment

Working...
                X