No announcement yet.

Raf99 : 1993 Accord EX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That doesn't look like very much fun you have going on there. You will get it straightened out though in no time. Hopefully in the next year or two though I will be able to get a pair for my car and go through the same thing.
    MRT: 1993 Honda Accord SE Coupe (Lola)

Comment

Originally posted by Rilas View Post
      That doesn't look like very much fun you have going on there. You will get it straightened out though in no time. Hopefully in the next year or two though I will be able to get a pair for my car and go through the same thing.
      Very true. After not getting anywhere with the wiring and the diagrams I could find I broke things down further...

Power folding mirrors on the left : OEM on the right

On the OEM one, you can see where the dirt and grease may have been hampering the connections.

With this diagram I started to break down the wires and circuits. Some wires are not used, others are control wires, and some are "connection or safety / acknowledgement wires". Like this.

This diagram is:
      - Mirror setting on left
      - Pushing right on the pad

We see that the wire given power is pin 7, and the return ground is pin 6. On the connector we see these as yellow/black and blue/white.
      If you connect power wires to a battery on the mirror you'll figure out what wire does what function for the motors. Match these up with the wires you pinned out and things will work. The only confusing part is that there are 3 functions for 4 mirror functions.

The trick is determining the total wire combinations for each mirror option (up, down, right, left). Then mapping the wires properly.

The same thing needs to be done for the JDM mirror set as the I do not thing the diagram on the site works. I hooked things up this way and I didn't get any response. Plus some wires did not match. Now I have one mirror working.
      Last edited by Raf99; 08-05-2018, 08:35 PM.

Comment

So I got both mirrors working on the OEM switch. So .......... this picture is why we were here. Besides the one of the mirrors having a crack in it it is obvious that someone soldered the broken PCB circuit on this. There is another spot on the top left. Obviously why the folding function works but not the mirrors. I'll try to re-solder but in the end I'll have to pay $30-40 for one from ebay (which probably will have the same problem).

I also need to perform the USDM shell swap listed here.
        And I need to run a wire to the passenger side mirror somehow built into the OEM harness or not seen.
        Last edited by Raf99; 08-05-2018, 08:36 PM.

Comment

I do believe I have a power folding mirror switch, I'll double check. I'll pm you if I do!

Originally posted by Darkcloud
          Wimp go low or go home haha
          Originally posted by cb7_tillidie
          Not a single fuck was given that day.

Comment

Originally posted by c91bse7 View Post
            I do believe I have a power folding mirror switch, I'll double check. I'll pm you if I do!
            Thanks. i bought one already though and paid too much for it.
            But please look, i imagine any of these on ebay are very old and may not work.

Comment

Sweet. When do you plan to swap the trans?

Originally posted by Raf99 View Post
              Soooo, this is great news! This means i have the transmission F23 gear CS in spec and I can put the whole tranny back together. I also have to put the new synchros in too.

Comment

Originally posted by Tishock View Post
                Sweet. When do you plan to swap the trans?
                Can't do without an engine hoist. The debate in my mind to buy one has been going on for months. And i don't have a truck to physically pick one up. If I do buy one and pull the engine, then were looking at doing the engine bay, welding holes, sanding, painting bay/block/trans, etc, etc.

The other option is to give it to someone with a shop and say here, swap tranny, and let's up the HP (meth, injectors, fuel...). But when it happens this way the bay doesn't get cleaned, the little things don't get polished, if anything it gets more dirty.

From the top of my head, the winter projects currently are:

- Finish interior = door panel change to black / swap parts, etc.
                - Sound dampening = only doors and trunk left to do
                - JDM mirrors install (using USDM casings)
                - Rear EDM bumper light install

Comment

Always wanted each door to have this look. Seen it in another MRT somewhere I think too. Great modernizer too.

Last edited by Raf99; 08-05-2018, 08:36 PM.

Comment

I have 2 pfm switches, should've mom's me lol would have sold you both of them.

Nice look on the cb, I thought about doing that but that all changed last year, I' miss the cb game a lot. Your cb is giving me hope that mine will run again
                    NEW CB

old Darkcloud : 1990 Accord EX MRT

new
                    DARKCLOUD : 90 ACCORD EX MRT

Comment

Originally posted by Darkcloud View Post
                      I have 2 pfm switches, should've mom's me lol would have sold you both of them.

Nice look on the cb, I thought about doing that but that all changed last year, I' miss the cb game a lot. Your cb is giving me hope that mine will run again
                      What's a PFM switch again? & thanks for stopping in!

More pics and stuff for everyone else. I started on the doors since I have to wire in the folding mirrors and LED switches. A while back I bought some black interior parts from Theos92VR4. In this pic the arm rest and lower fabric are from a black interior accord. Think I may change that to a blacker rug. The old middle fabric will be coming off and replaced with something else. The speaker cover will be changed as well as the door handles.

Last edited by Raf99; 08-05-2018, 08:37 PM.

Comment

PFM = Power Folding Mirror

Comment

PFM = Power Folding Mirror
                          Oh... TMA

Comment

Lol. What is TMA?

Comment

Lol. What is TMA?
                              Too Many Acronyms

Comment

Sitting here starring at the car in the garage. Realizing I want to run a power wire from the cigarette lighter light to both of the doors. To do that I need to take off the front fenders. To take off the fenders i have to remove the front bumper. To do that I need to unhook the intercooler, lights, all the wires. Also all the mudflaps and runner boards. Remove the stereo, front corner speakers and peel back the rug.

oh, and power wires to the rear doors too

Ever feel that way with you cb7 where you just want to do something so simple but have to remove so much shit.

Comment

Working...
                                X