Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

How to make 30+hp for $500 or less... (DX/LX F22A1 only)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by deevergote
    Yeah. Remove it.

and drop in an F22a6, h23, or h22

Comment

Originally posted by Shadow1
      yes. all of those will work with your car. all thats missing is the a4 headers. but you have the a4 so you dont need to worry about those. also you can always buy some aftermarket headers too.

if you tack on an extra $100 send your throttle body to maxbore.com and get it bored out. that'll give you an added 5-8hp.
      so i should get the prelude throttle body and bore it out or just do it to the one i have now... either way im gonna have to get one to put in there while ones getting bored out cuz this is my only car right now
      Accord SE

93se
      Members Ride
      Bought from: H22wagon93, Theos92VR4, Hondafan81, Father Time, DarkHusk, Gunrunner, FamousFreak
      Sold to: sulimed, BurtonRiderT6, tishock

Comment

its funny because all the honda accord heads ive done (see sig) were all f22bX's, not one h23 or A's.
        I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Originally posted by esskater892
          so i should get the prelude throttle body and bore it out or just do it to the one i have now... either way im gonna have to get one to put in there while ones getting bored out cuz this is my only car right now

well if you have the f22a6 then go ahead and bore that one out. or if you want just get the upper plenum to the h23 intake manifold and get that bored out and port matched. then youll be fine

Comment

I am pretty sure all of these mods would pass inspection if they were installed properly.

You can't even tell the H series plenum is there, unless you compare them side by side, you can't see the TB at all, and if you were to use an A4 exhaust manifold, you can put the stock heat shield on.
            The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

F22A6 camshaft - $25 (92-93 Accord EX)
              why does it have to be from the 93-92? cant be be from the 90-91?
              i looked up the specs for the ex models of those years and they are all the same

and how much would the camshaft and ecu cost at the dealership?

MY CB7

FULL part out thread:
              http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=204494

Comment

Wherever you looked, the information was wrong. The 90-91 EX motor is the F22A4.

The ONLY car that had the F22A6 in the first two years of production was the 91 SE.

Camshaft and ECU at a dealership... Which arm and which leg would you care to part with?

Brand new OEM parts would cost significantly more than better aftermarket parts (though they might not pass smog... a mild camshaft and a tuned ECU would pass, probably)

Comment

Wherever you looked, the information was wrong. The 90-91 EX motor is the F22A4.

The ONLY car that had the F22A6 in the first two years of production was the 91 SE.

Camshaft and ECU at a dealership... Which arm and which leg would you care to part with?

Brand new OEM parts would cost significantly more than better aftermarket parts (though they might not pass smog... a mild camshaft and a tuned ECU would pass, probably)
                  we should offer these upgrade kits in our future cb7tuner store :o
                  I <3 G60.

Comment

Endless supply of parts from junkyards!

Comment

don't worry about emissions with these parts. as long as you have some type of egr system, you'll pass. the re-circulated exhaust gases cool cylinder temps....it's like watering down if you will.

this is why when your egr ports are clogged, you fail with a high nox reading.

cats are a different story. later.
                      Avoiding dirt at all costs

Comment

Endless supply of parts from junkyards!
                        unfortunately, the majority of junkyards ive been to, none have a A4 header or A6 intake/cam parts.
                        I <3 G60.

Comment

Originally posted by wed3k
                          unfortunately, the majority of junkyards ive been to, none have a A4 header or A6 intake/cam parts.
                          x2 around here there is usually a pretty decent selection of years and colors of CB's but most of them seem to be DX and LX's.. There is the occasional EX and the even more rare SE in the yards around here.. Later

Comment

Originally posted by 92cb7accord
                            bah i have an F22B1 anything good you can do to that?
                            Yeah. Remove it.
                            Originally posted by Shadow1
                            and drop in an F22a6, h23, or h22
                            Why would he do that? Same size, same bore*stroke, 5 more hp to start. It might just BE the F22A6 with the A4 header (nah, somebody woulda noticed that by now).

Comment

Originally posted by sandman61377
                              Why would he do that? Same size, same bore*stroke, 5 more hp to start. It might just BE the F22A6 with the A4 header (nah, somebody woulda noticed that by now).

Um yeah. You apparently are completely unfamiliar with Honda's F series engines.

The F22B1 is a SOHC VTEC engine that pretty much only shares the block with the F22AX found in 1990-1993 Accords.
                              The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

The F22B1 head flows very poorly compared to the F22A head (the head, without the valvetrain, is the same for all F22As).

Comment

Working...
                                X