Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

What mods. can be done on a F22A1???

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What mods. can be done on a F22A1???

Hey guys, I have a stock 90 honda accord dx and i am looking to do some modifications. I am trying to increase overall engine performance, while keeping it reliable to be an everyday street car. Im definitely looking to make my engine stronger to be able to handle the power it may have. I am looking to do more than just the basics like intake, headers and exhaust. My budget is around $2,500. Any Suggestions????????

To be honest, to get good quality parts, 2,500 bucks isnt going to get you beyond the basics.

Comment

I know $2,500 isn't going to be enough to get all the parts i need to have my car at top performance but its a start. i want to know what i can do to start off the process, so i can work my way up to how i want my car to perform. Im looking to increase performance and by that i mean top speed and hp but i want to be able to drive it as my everyday car. Any suggestions?

Comment

Is your car a 5 speed? That would be my first priority. If so, how bout you spend that 2500 making your car safer? Get some quality suspension, upgrade your brakes. And if you have any cosmetic damage on the body, see if you can get it touched up. Have a nice clean car and then when it becomes fast it will be appreciated even better.
        '94 JDM H22A: 178whp 146wtq

Originally posted by deevergote
        If you say double dutch rudder, i'm banning you...

Comment

thanks and well i just recently put in a skunk 2 suspension, would that be considered a good enough suspension to get started with? and yea my accord is a 5 speed. and what do you guys suggest i do for my braking system?

Comment

2500 is a lot

Bisi cam
            High comp pistons
            H23 IM/TB
            Chipped P28

That shit is way less than 2500

Originally posted by lordoja
            im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Frist, how many miles do u have on your motor?

92 cb7 http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=176886

91 cb9 wagon

Comment

Thanks gloryaccordy! please just elaborate, im kinda new to this... lol and my motor has 250,000 miles

Comment

By Skunk2 suspension do you mean coilovers and struts? The struts are not the greatest but they will do. Make sure your camber settings are right so your tires don't go bald in a month or two. Have you upgraded your clutch and flywheel? I would recommend Competition Stage 2 Clutch and Flywheel. The lighter rotating mass down there will help in acceleration and your stock clutch assembly can only handle so much extra power. For brakes check out the TASAuto Brake Kits. You don't necessarily have to do the ROH Conversion but adding rear discs to your car is definitely a great addition. There's no reason to be so fast and then you can't even stop that power on a dime. I say this from experience. However these kits do require 15" wheels so make sure you have some that will work.

Comment

Search for "DSM turbo kit". Best bang for your buck and well under 2,500.
                    My MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=200048

(Turbo lag - turbo power) + HYPE = VTEC

Bought From: Davids92Accord

Sold To:

Comment

So i guess the whole car is stock.Frist i would start with some Bisimoto header and maybe a Bisimoto cam gear.

92 cb7 http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=176886

91 cb9 wagon

Comment

Originally posted by gloryaccordy
                        2500 is a lot

Bisi cam
                        High comp pistons
                        H23 IM/TB
                        Chipped P28

That shit is way less than 2500

Bisi Cam Gear - 135
                        Bisi Valvetrain - 369
                        Bisi Cam - 249
                        Bisi Pistons - 459
                        Bisi Rods - 339
                        H23 I/M - 50
                        Chipped P28 - 200
                        Bisi Header - 649+
                        Labor & Tune - 1000+

You were saying?
                        Last edited by Joey GT-R; 08-08-2011, 08:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Joey GT-R View Post
                          Bisi Cam Gear - 135
                          Bisi Valvetrain - 369
                          Bisi Cam - 249
                          Bisi Pistons - 459
                          Bisi Rods - 339
                          H23 I/M - 50
                          Chipped P28 - 200
                          Bisi Header - 649+
                          Labor & Tune - 1000+

You were saying?
                          Obv if u add a shit load of parts to my list it will add up

But yea

H23 IM- 100
                          Bisi Stg 1 Cam (safe on stock valvetrain)- 250
                          Bisi Pistons/Rods - 800
                          Megan Racing header w/3" outlet/exhaust- 500
                          Chipped P28- I bought one for 125
                          Labor + parts - 1000

And really the pistons + rods aren't necessary... that dude with the black LX coupe was putting down close to 170WHP with a stock block

2500 doe... maybe an H23 VTEC on the stock trans w/lower VTEC engagement + JDM H22 cams is the move

Originally posted by lordoja
                          im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

For starters...http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=88154

After that, skies the limit....

N/A or Boost? that is the question.

Go fast, stop fast. Don't forget your suspension and brakes.

Form.Follows.Function

Comment

Regardless of what Bisi says, if I cam my motor, I'm beefing up the valvetrain; because it's just not worth it to gamble IMO. And why invest that much money in a motor build to slap a low grade Megan header on? It would probably be a major choke point with those kinds of mods. It just wouldn't make sense.

But going back to my previous post. I would rather beef up my suspension and braking to control that kind of power first before I start trying to ramp things up.

Comment

Working...
                              X