Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

I installed ebay lowering springs on stock shocks,uneven stance???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I installed ebay lowering springs on stock shocks,uneven stance???

I bought the cheap ebay lowering springs for my cb7 on stock shocks. So i put the rear ones ones on the rear first and the front one s on the frontm.so the two on the back sit on the 35 mark and the fronts are on the 30 mark. For some odd reason i still have an uneven stance? Shocks are good. I know they will wear overtime and get bumpy and the only damage i have are the front fenders and its the back that looks uneven. I dont know what my issue is but this set up is just for the current time. time.

what brand of springs are they?

when you bought them, didn't it say how low the springs will lower?

most lowering springs have a different ride height in the front than back.
    "My FOR SALE thread - Click here"

MEMBERS RIDE

99 SILVERADO

WHEEL FLIP

Comment

'93 H22A 5SPD SE - MRT - DIY-Turbo Sizing

Comment

Did you get springs or coilover sleeves?

How unevenly is the car sitting? Does it sag to the rear?

Comment

Be careful the quality of ebay springs may sound nice for the price but one must question the quality of the product let along the stock shocks your on which youll have to switch outlater. Be careful if you hit a bump youll do either damage to your oil pan and downpipe on the header or crack the transmission casing liek one of the members did on this site.

Comment

Originally posted by drew12000 View Post
            what brand of springs are they?

when you bought them, didn't it say how low the springs will lower?

most lowering springs have a different ride height in the front than back.
            the ebay adjustable lowering springs. The ride feels ok but when I look from the front the left looks higher. but when I look from the back the right looks higher. I've tried to adjust unevenly but the back is as low as it can get.

Comment

Originally posted by h22sparkle View Post
              Be careful the quality of ebay springs may sound nice for the price but one must question the quality of the product let along the stock shocks your on which youll have to switch outlater. Be careful if you hit a bump youll do either damage to your oil pan and downpipe on the header or crack the transmission casing liek one of the members did on this site.
              Ive had a cb7 member on here that saw me at a carwash and told me the same.but my money right now is going to a good coilover set up but i had bought these a while back and decided to throw them on myself and look at the results i get? lol

Comment

Originally posted by domesticated View Post
                And we'll see you in 3 days.

Car Safety / General Servicing Checks --------Basic suspension checks

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

A "Finished" project car is never finished until its been sold.

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

It's probably sitting uneven because some of your shocks are blown. Or maybe because you used poorly made springs.

I really hope you aren't actually driving your car with that setup. It is incredibly dangerous.

Comment

Some pics will help, so we can see the stance.
                    **Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
                    Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
                    Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

Comment

this is the only pic i have of the other side. my phones camera broke, but in the mean time im not driving because i need a new fuel pump. i was driving the set up to work on the highway, no power steering and the steering wheel stayed straight but everytime i park my car stance just looks so uneven. the set up was just for now but i hope when i install the new set up i dont run into this issue again

Comment

Thats crazy,the 2 days i had drove the car with the set up and those adjustable springs blew 2 shocks (reason for the uneveness) i will never go with those adjustable springs again or ever. You pay $50 something dollars just to ruin your car. Lesson learned= Money wasted. love this site guys. cant wait to get mine like some of you guys.

Comment

You should never lower your car on ANYTHING on stock shocks.
                          And please don't do anything dangerous "for now". That DIY hood scoop on your dented up hood is fine "for now". The poorly-fitting Legend lip is fine "for now". The black door on the back is fine "for now"... but an unsafe suspension can kill you NOW.
                          I have yet to hear of a member here dying because they flipped their car, or being locked up because their modifications resulted in the death of an innocent bystander when things broke... and I hope I never do. Excuse me for being harsh, but it's important that you realize just how dangerous a suspension setup like that really is.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                            You should never lower your car on ANYTHING on stock shocks.
                            And please don't do anything dangerous "for now". That DIY hood scoop on your dented up hood is fine "for now". The poorly-fitting Legend lip is fine "for now". The black door on the back is fine "for now"... but an unsafe suspension can kill you NOW.
                            I have yet to hear of a member here dying because they flipped their car, or being locked up because their modifications resulted in the death of an innocent bystander when things broke... and I hope I never do. Excuse me for being harsh, but it's important that you realize just how dangerous a suspension setup like that really is.
                            Yes, i get it now. Thats why i dont drive it anymore. plus my fuel pump went out. but i have a friend that had pics of his EF sedan dropped incorrectly and the snapped a rod he said lost control. The pic made me realize how serious bad set ups are. But, LOL thanks for the noticing everything everyone cuts on me about. Fell asleep after a long shift, it was raining slid sideways backdoor first right into a yield sign getting off of the highway. (DONT OVERWORK YOURSELF AND DRIVE) I had that scoop functionable,connected to my intake. Legend lip felt a speed massacre. lol and hood dent from me sitting on it at meets like a idiot. but once again you guys influence me daily to keep going for my cb7. You will see her get nasty over the time. Bills are killing me though...

Comment

Working...
                            X