MadSpleen85 : 1991 Accord LX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Look what came today...

So I look what just showed up on my doorstep...

Got to open my first Christmas present also...

Thats right.. Got the H23 IM and the Dremel 400 series XPR. I will keep this updated as to the progress. Later

Comment

looks like someones gonna be polishing soon, lol.

Comment

Originally posted by LawdoG247
        looks like someones gonna be polishing soon, lol.
        Oh yes... The fun has already begun... Will continue tomorrow.. Hard to polish and clean in the dark... It looks better already and I havent even used the dremel yet.. Later

Comment

Took a few before and after pictures of the IM.. All I have used to clean it so far is Simple Green and a Toothbrush.

^Before scrubbing

^Before scrubbing 2

^After a little scrubbing and dismantling.

^Top view after a little scrubbing

^Front view after a little scrubbing

^again after a little scrubbing..

That’s all I have for now. I am going to break out the Dremel tomorrow and get some of the thicker shit taken care of. I will keep this updated with photos as the process goes along. Let me know what you think.. Later

Comment

Got the Dremel out back on Sunday and got a bit more cleaning done... Should have done some more today since it was semi decent out... Oh well.. Supposed to rain tomorrow so if I do anything I will be limited to the little bit of garage space that my parents allow me to have unless my mom gets her van out... Will take some more pics soon so everyone can see how it is coming. Later

Comment

Nice h23 intake manifold that thing is clean.

Comment

Yeah its not too bad.. Started out worse but is looking much better now.. Just have to keep scrubbing. My parents think I am going to destroy my motor when I do the IM swap... lol thats the reason I am having either Zach or Matt help me. If I did it alone with my luck I would mess something up. I think Zach is going to help Matt with his and the Matt is going to help me with mine. Hopefully it will warm up into like the 50's here fairly soon so we can all get some work done. Later

Comment

Originally posted by MadSpleen85
                  Yeah its not too bad.. Started out worse but is looking much better now.. Just have to keep scrubbing. My parents think I am going to destroy my motor when I do the IM swap... lol thats the reason I am having either Zach or Matt help me. If I did it alone with my luck I would mess something up. I think Zach is going to help Matt with his and the Matt is going to help me with mine. Hopefully it will warm up into like the 50's here fairly soon so we can all get some work done. Later
                  i'de like it to happen that way, but no tellin.

Comment

Originally posted by MadSpleen85
                    Christmas Eve BUMP, for some new comments. Later
                    get a new sig since u got HIDS now!!

Comment

Originally posted by sackingz123
                      get a new sig since u got HIDS now!!
                      Hmm... I need to get some better pictures with them and a decent backdrop.. I am waiting until I find one of the HID's that sticks out a little. Later

Comment

A little Christmas Cleaning

So even though today is Christmas, I still got some cleaning done on the Intake Manifold.

^^All I used for today was my Dremel...

^^My little workspace.

^^ Started with this…

^^ After some scraping and sanding with the Dremel…

Cleaned the nearest two… You can see what they look like compared to the two on the far side. I have all four looking that good now... Let me know what you think. Later
                        Last edited by MadSpleen85; 12-25-2006, 07:13 PM.

Comment

just get a razor blade to get the existing gaskets off.

i got a perfect tool at my house that works great.

Comment

Do you need to replace those gaskets where you took apart the IM? Or are they just rubber layers that stay there? Also what are you going to do to clean deep into the IM? or can you get down there with the dremel?

Nice progress tho! I can't wait to do mine.

Comment

The gaskets that were on there when I took it apart were ripped so they will be replaced... The dremel that I have came with an attachment that allows me to get back in there farther. I will take a pic of it later today or tomorrow. Later

Comment

I got my CB7tuner.com decals in the mail yesterday... Have some old stickers that need to be removed first then I will be putting them on. Pics to come. Later

Comment

Working...
                                X