Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Beans: 1997 Accord Coupe LX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, it's pretty fun! Kind of a pain past 70mph though. Either a T2T4 or an M2B4 with an aftermarket diff would be a better choice, honestly. This M2F4 was a screaming deal so that's why I went with it. The F23's torque makes pulling this pig around in just about any gear and any rpm pretty easy.

'98 Prelude resto/mod thread

Comment

Intake on, egr deleted, and swapped to a no coolant JDM B20 IACV. Idles better. And pulls HARD as F to fuel cut at 6500. I think I'll be revving it to 7000 the way it keeps pulling. Zero loss of torque. Can't wait for Sunday.

See my thread in the Performance Tech/Naturally Aspirated section for details.

Comment

Nice car you have there. I need a F23 block so bad...

Comment

Just do the whole swap! It's an awesome engine!

Well, results are in. Ported intake was worth some torque down low, about 10whp near Red line. Played with VTEC engagement and found it worked best around the factory engagement at 2400RPM. Gained an assload or torque under 4000RPM. Final run numbers were a little bit lower due to higher IAT's than the initial run, but you can see the old numbers, ported intake+old tune(crome), and new numbers(neptune). Not a big difference in overall peak numbers, but under the curve is sooo much better than before. 14's should be easy with all the new stuff done. At this point, it looks like the camshaft is holding it back.

With the M2F4's gearing, acceleration is effortless in any gear and almost any speed. I love having 140lbsft of torque so low in the rev range and keeping that much to 5500rpm. What an awesome feeling, this would be an absolute riot in a much lighter chassis.

Comment

Originally posted by Chrisnick View Post
            Just do the whole swap! It's an awesome engine!

Well, results are in. Ported intake was worth some torque down low, about 10whp near Red line. Played with VTEC engagement and found it worked best around the factory engagement at 2400RPM. Gained an assload or torque under 4000RPM. Final run numbers were a little bit lower due to higher IAT's than the initial run, but you can see the old numbers, ported intake+old tune(crome), and new numbers(neptune). Not a big difference in overall peak numbers, but under the curve is sooo much better than before. 14's should be easy with all the new stuff done. At this point, it looks like the camshaft is holding it back.

With the M2F4's gearing, acceleration is effortless in any gear and almost any speed. I love having 140lbsft of torque so low in the rev range and keeping that much to 5500rpm. What an awesome feeling, this would be an absolute riot in a much lighter chassis.
            Is that with no tuning? I saw the thread showing just how much you ported out, but is there any downside to doing this? Usually people lose some torque down low when porting, but if I'm reading that graph right you did nothing but GAIN GAIN GAIN! Pretty awesome results, might look into swapping an F23 in instead of an H22 at this point.

Comment

The results of this have me very tempted to do a straight F23A1 instead of a F22/F23 hybrid like Gary has done. This thing is a straight up torque monster all on it's own. I already have my F23A1 laying on the bench fully disassembled. So it wouldn't be hard to start working on it later this summer. Your results are absolutely awesome man! Keep up the good work!
              MRT: 1993 Honda Accord SE Coupe (Lola)

Comment

Originally posted by willbill642 View Post
                Is that with no tuning? I saw the thread showing just how much you ported out, but is there any downside to doing this? Usually people lose some torque down low when porting, but if I'm reading that graph right you did nothing but GAIN GAIN GAIN! Pretty awesome results, might look into swapping an F23 in instead of an H22 at this point.
                Please see the below in bold...

Originally posted by Chrisnick View Post

Comment

Originally posted by oni_cb7 View Post
                  Please see the below in bold...
                  I meant if he had adjusted his tune in any way, since he mentioned stock VTEC was perfect. However, I derp'd and missed the switch to Neptune from Crome. I'm curious how much of a change he had to make to his tune then, besides the whole switch to a different program.

Comment

They're pretty close to the same settings, maybe a hair more timing in Neptune. The factory camshaft is definitely holding this back a lot.

As for the ported intake, zero loss of torque anywhere, just makes power at all points. It feels awesome and is super quick due to powerband/gearing. Grab just about any gear and it keeps accelerating. Ran an 08 Civic So with intake/race header/exhast/hondata the other night, did a couple of runs. At low speeds, my car pulls about a half car out, above 75mph or so, the Civic got back even and started to pull away, eventually getting about a car and a half length out to the top of 4th, which is about 100mph. From a dig, it was about the same, maybe me getting a little extra length.

Already sent Derek at DDTech an email about a camshaft.

Comment

Snapped up these 17x7 Axis Touring Cups for $160 with two sets of tires from a buddy yesterday. Will be going on the car for summer while I save up some dough for super fancy tires for the Racing Harts, like R888's or another R compound.

Comment

Also some Racing Hart test fit eye candy. Done without spacer to see where I may potential have clearance issues.

Comment

The wheels will look great once you get them on the car. Have you heard anything back from DDTech yet, on the camshaft for the F23Ax? I'm really interested in any info you happen to get back. I'm still debating on building either a true F23A1 that I have or doing the hybrid F23 bottom end with the F22 head and valve train. Since I have both engines, just I already have 2 cams for the F22, but the F23 just seems so much more beastly across the entire rpm band.
                          MRT: 1993 Honda Accord SE Coupe (Lola)

Comment

Not yet, which is fine with me. Trying to see how I can make it to CAM since I got enough vacation time off.

Comment

Oil changed, P2A5 reinstalled, installed poly filled trans and rear mount, put some 225/45/17 Sumitomos on the Axis Touring cups I picked up, now the ol' dirtbag is ready for the trip to CAM! See you guys there!

Comment

Wheels lookin real nice! What are those if you don't mind me asking?

Comment

Working...
                                X