Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bobbycos View Post
    Dewalt is owned by Mac

Got a new Matco catalogue today, they have a @$9000 toolbox in it that is white in color with chrome trim

Where would I put it.
    I thought black and Decker owned Dewalt... Guess I got my facts confused.
    MRT http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=202004
    1992 Accord EX(Canadian)Seattle Silver sedan

Comment

Apparently Mac owns Black and Decker too.

Go to the Mac website and check out their line of cordless tools. It's basically Dewalt
      http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/d...82408002-1.jpg

Comment

snap on has a insane deal on a classic 96 triple bank box right now.
        COUPE K24

Comment

I have probably close to $30,000 worth of tools, the only Craftsman tools I own are ones that I either use to make my own custom tool, or one to sacrifice if I need to beat on one or something along those natures. I have mostly Snap-On, Mac, and Matco tools. For pneumatic tools you can't go wrong with Mac. My wrenches and sockets are Snap On, same with my ratchets, pliers, compression tester, leak down tester. I have some "aftermarket" stuff, such as an Autel scanner, my 3/4 impact gun is made by Aircat. With tools I've learned you get what you pay for, if you use them everyday, don't cheap out, and make sure you have the correct tool for the job.

edit: Also forgot to add that I didn't spend a ton of money on my tool box, I bought an Extreme Tools 72x30 with a hutch, and am extremely pleased with it. For the similiar box from Snap On or Mac I would be well over $10k, but I paid $5400 for mine.

Comment

My top box is a older Rick Mears special edition Snap-on that I bought back in 1988 .

My Snap-on dead blow hammer has a split in the head and I will have it replaced under warranty.

I figured I have about 18-20 k in tools

More of a mixture of brands ranging from top of the heap to the $4 40 piece ratchet / socket set.

Comment

Snap-On everything, unless they don't make it.

My tool collection pushes into the $500,000 mark. My dad has been a mechanic for 30 plus years. Any tool that he has purchased is also mine. I may not have bought it, but I treat them like they are mine. I have every tool you can think of; plus a scissor lift, two post lift, wall-mounted spring compressor, brake lathe, and every scanner you can imagine. I can pretty much do anything in my driveway on anything and I have proven this with the work I have done.

When it comes to tools, you gotta pay to play. I have broken cheap sockets, not fun. I have twisted cheap extensions. I've bent cheap torque wrenches. Don't cheap out on your tools, unless you only really need to use it once.

Comment

i gotta find them in my storage locker but i have a set of Snap-on work boots and a Snap-on jacket

great gag gift would be Snap-on toilet paper

Comment

Originally posted by 8ball View Post
                  I buy from harbor freight cause Im broke yo.
                  Beware.. I never knock Harbor Freight cause they are awesome when I need something quick and cheap - but I often treat it as a one time use item. (no hopes for third/fourth use - I've often had pieces break, seize, or simply fall apart on me - most recent was a defective cutting wheel that broke apart hit me in the head and flew across the way but again, with Harbor Freight stuff.. s--- happens
                  Originally posted by 98vtec View Post
                  Matco, Snap-on, and Mac tools. Each has their own tools sets that the other doesnt have and makes the job a little easier.
                  Exactly what I was going to say. I don't have a huge supply like many of my friends or even you guys here, but it's not a profession for me (and I have access to them whenever I need ). Thinking on it I'd say:
                  --Snap-on is awesome with hand tools (wrenches/specialties)
                  --Cornwell also awesome with hand tools (more "speciality" tools)
                  --Mac I think was great with their Electronics/Obd scan types? Someone correct me on these..
                  Overall I believe it is a matter of personal preference in the end.. Minus Ingersoll Rand (my personal god of cordless impacts)

Edit: On another note, a great buy for those not interested/willing to spending a car note on tools.. Channellock makes an awesome set (176pc kit), I've bought two of these sets from Sam's Club (only 65$)over the last 10 years or so and they have weathered some major abuse (cant say how the new products they have out now are but the kit is awesome for a cheap reliable start up)
                  Last edited by SunkistCB7; 05-01-2014, 03:32 PM. Reason: Channellock

Pop vTec

Comment

I have used a few good tools and understand why to have them. My dads mac 3/8 ratchet it makes you a better mechanic. You know that point between finger removal and the ratchet still clicking backwards? It does not have one.He found it on the freeway and a truck guy rebuilt it for him on the spot. He also has a much older version same story. He also had a set of blue point grove joint pliers that approch two feet in length. They still have a very slender head for their size yet somehow stronger than a channelock of equal size which makes them very usable. Anything is coming off with those bad boys.
                    Don't forget though while helpfull not necessary I've done engine swaps with craftsmen and worse. I have a new mechanic cousin going in debt to the truck right now
                    ......father in law has it back again. Time to shine

Comment

i just got a new warranteed 10mm 12 pint deep socket from Matco ,my original one cracked.

I bought the original set in August of 1986 (found the receipt)

also got the rebuild kit for my Snap-on F732A ratchet (bought in 1988), it was still under warranty too.

cb7 calling, tell your cousin to slow down a touch or he could go over his head in debt like i came close to.

I do want that Ingersool Rand cordless impact wrench that can remove truck lugs in one shot, I just cannot remember the part/model number

Comment

Working...
                      X