Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Universal alternator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Universal alternator

Has anybody used a universal alternator? Like a power basturds fitzall alternator or any other alternator?
    93 4dr ex 5 speed
    97 Integra DB7

Huntsville! I went to school there. I believe Stoner51 on here isnt too far from there. He has upgraded to a HO alt from DC power and saw a pretty substantial gain in idle output.

I'm assuming you have a high power system?

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Originally posted by sonikaccord View Post
      Huntsville! I went to school there. I believe Stoner51 on here isnt too far from there. He has upgraded to a HO alt from DC power and saw a pretty substantial gain in idle output.

I'm assuming you have a high power system?
      I have plans for one. I need to get an alternator before I can even put it in really. I'm trying to avoid DC because the price is pretty high and I think singer would give me a lower price to build one. The universal alternator would be a nice choice for now tho.
      93 4dr ex 5 speed
      97 Integra DB7

Comment

Plans as far as how much wattage? Are you going to compete? SPLCB7 is a good reference for that. I'm more of an SQL guy.

Will you be playing full volume at idle?

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

You will be fine with a alterstart alternator and a second battery. That will still be cheaper than my DC Power and I doubt you will need the idle amperage.

SPLcb7 used a fizzall but it wasn't a drop in. He had to fab a bracket. I had to fab my DC power some too.

I have had two alterstart alternators and they were both fine until I added to the two SPAL HO fans.

steve

Comment

Stinger alts arnt too bad. What wattege do you plan to run?
            My 90 coupe Mr thread....
            http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=178452

Comment

Originally posted by sonikaccord View Post
              Plans as far as how much wattage? Are you going to compete? SPLCB7 is a good reference for that. I'm more of an SQL guy.

Will you be playing full volume at idle?
              No. I just plan of having a big stereo for my enjoyment.

Originally posted by SPLCB7 View Post
              Stinger alts arnt too bad. What wattege do you plan to run?
              Around 2.5K all together. Including a 4 channel.

Originally posted by Stoner51 View Post
              You will be fine with a alterstart alternator and a second battery. That will still be cheaper than my DC Power and I doubt you will need the idle amperage.

SPLcb7 used a fizzall but it wasn't a drop in. He had to fab a bracket. I had to fab my DC power some too.

I have had two alterstart alternators and they were both fine until I added to the two SPAL HO fans.

steve
              I could probobably make a bracket. It'd save some money for sure. Just how reliable is the alternator? I haven't seen the best reviews for them.
              Last edited by Jarrett; 09-19-2014, 09:09 PM.
              93 4dr ex 5 speed
              97 Integra DB7

Comment

It easily handled all my needs until I put in the 2 spal HO fans. 60 amps constant. At idle it wasn't enough. Driving it was fine.
                My DC power is rock solid at 14.4 all day long even with the spal fans. But at $500 compared to $200 I am not sure it is worth it.

Have you upgraded your Big 3? If not I would do that before you upgraded the alt not after.

With my DC power alt the charging light on the dash is always on. Not sure why. it wasn't that way in the first hour or two and now It is on all the time. But my hondata s300 reads 14.4-14.8

steve

Comment

A 250 amp alt would be enough to cover that system at full tilt.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Hell a 150 ish would do the trick with big 3 and 3 group 31s or 2+ xspower 3500s but 220-250 would be ideal.
                    My 90 coupe Mr thread....
                    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=178452

Comment

I haven't done anything yet. Just planning ahead thats all. I got 3 12 Obsidian V3's laying around that I've been dieing to get to use. Haven't even built a box yet. And right now I have my Saz-2000D on 8 ga wire with a pioneer champion series 12. Just for now. I don't even have the gains high enough for it to be loud since I'm using 8ga wire.
                      93 4dr ex 5 speed
                      97 Integra DB7

Comment

I second the 2 or 3 extra batteries to be your buffer and so you can play louder, longer...or a bank of ultracaps.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Ultra caps would be a waste for me. But for sure will have atleast 2 decent sized batteries. I do plan to relocate my battery to the trunk once I get 0 ga wire and possibly a 2nd battery.
                          93 4dr ex 5 speed
                          97 Integra DB7

Comment

A good stinger alt is a great choice. Also The use of an optima deep cycle blue top helps and keeps everything flowing right and helps prevent the head light dim and bright during high bass use. Kenetic batteries can be used also with the stinger alt and an optima blue top.
                            To jdm or not jdm that is the question

Comment

Originally posted by greenhornet614 View Post
                              A good stinger alt is a great choice. Also The use of an optima deep cycle blue top helps and keeps everything flowing right and helps prevent the head light dim and bright during high bass use. Kenetic batteries can be used also with the stinger alt and an optima blue top.
                              Since when did Stinger makes alternators?
                              93 4dr ex 5 speed
                              97 Integra DB7

Comment

Working...
                              X