Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Major car wont start problem. Please help :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

well after all my hard work. i found out it was just my battery lol .. never over estimate an optima.. the whole time i thought the optima was doing good.. i used volt meter on batter at it held a 10.22 charge, ok so that's an okay charge.. therefore i just assumed it was my alternator, so i got a new remanufacture alt. and installed it, not a very fun job when i got a H, with AC.. veryyy crammped.. ok so it's installed, i jump my car .. but when i had it on the jumper and the car was on and running it was charged at 14.3. i let the car run a bit, i got in and Hit the brakes... same fliker!!!.. wTF!?!? ok so i turn it on.. and it shuts off completly.. no power.. i replaced the optima battery and everything is fine.. damn damn damn so today i replaced the alternator, i got new derale slim fans for my koyo radiator, flushed my radiator ..
    and now.. i see some water dripping from my radiator.. i cross my fingers and hope i didn't puncture the radiator
    -:¦:-
    Originally posted by wed3k
    i rep cb7tuner all day, everyday. people say, "fuck y0 honda." and i say, "bitch, please."

Comment

Originally posted by TheNextAZN
      i used volt meter on batter at it held a 10.22 charge, ok so that's an okay charge..

No its not. That fucker was low...LOL.......

Nice kill none the less. Good shooting.

Comment

ok well update 2 months later! .. lol. my car's at it again!. .

I haven't driven my car in 2 days .. i get in my car and start it up.. reaaal weak start, but i didn't think anything of it. I drive around and return.. later in the day i gotta run another errand.. this time the start was even WEAKER then earlier .. nooot kool...

so i drive, everything is normal.. music is playing, i got the heater on low .. head lights one.. I HIT A RED LIGHT...

BAM! the flicker returns! My headlights, tachs, dash and clock flicker.. my radio momentarily turns off then turns back on.. DAMNIT TO HELL!!

i get home and i test the charge while the car is still on and idling...the voltmeter is jumping from 12.43 to 12.47. Not good right? it should be at 14v.

I Turn the car off then check the battery .. 12.43 constant.

So, another Alternator? or should i replace my starter? a new battery (im using a Deka battery i swapped in when i first changed my alternator)? lol. (mind that i did buy a new re-manuf. Alternator 2months ago)..

help. suggestions.. advice.. direction..
        -:¦:-
        Originally posted by wed3k
        i rep cb7tuner all day, everyday. people say, "fuck y0 honda." and i say, "bitch, please."

Comment

Working...
        X