Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Ksport Lowering Springs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
    $260 on their site means $160 from a retailer that has them "on sale". Half that price makes me think they might not even be legit KSports.
    I agree with you on that one, but the place i found these 91 dollars ksport springs was on andys auto sport. I wouldnt think they would sell counterfit or fake parts...

Comment

Originally posted by 209mc View Post
      I agree with you on that one, but the place i found these 91 dollars ksport springs was on andys auto sport. I wouldnt think they would sell counterfit or fake parts...
      I'm sure they are authentic K-sport parts, and Andys probably has the wholesale price from K-Sport plus a little more added on top for profit.

Sometimes suppliers don't even know that they are getting counterfeit parts. It happens all the time in the electronics industry...like was mentioned earlier, China is really good at it!

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Originally posted by sonikaccord View Post
        I'm sure they are authentic K-sport parts, and Andys probably has the wholesale price from K-Sport plus a little more added on top for profit.

Sometimes suppliers don't even know that they are getting counterfeit parts. It happens all the time in the electronics industry...like was mentioned earlier, China is really good at it!
        Yep, this! ^^

The other note is NEVER buy cheap parts for your car that keep you safe. Brakes, suspension, wheels, etc.

Would you buy an air bag that was from China with no name on it and cost 1/4 of the price of a OEM one?
        Would you use jack stands that didn't meet safety regulations and then crawl under the car?

Cheap out on other things, but don't cheap out on brakes, suspension or wheels. It will cost you more in the long run and possibly cost you your life.

Comment

Originally posted by 209mc View Post

Andy's is WELL known for selling knockoff parts. Wings West has (or at least had) them on their list of vendors to avoid due to the sale of blatant knockoffs (being sold as the real thing.) Andy's also screwed over a number of our members here... including one moderator that got a body kit for a completely different car, and Andy's gave him a hard time when he tried to return it (they tried to make him pay shipping... and shipping a body kit is NOT cheap!)

Comment

Andy's is WELL known for selling knockoff parts. Wings West has (or at least had) them on their list of vendors to avoid due to the sale of blatant knockoffs (being sold as the real thing.) Andy's also screwed over a number of our members here... including one moderator that got a body kit for a completely different car, and Andy's gave him a hard time when he tried to return it (they tried to make him pay shipping... and shipping a body kit is NOT cheap!)
            Thanks for the info! Yeah I was doing research on Andy's auto sport. I noticed many people complaining about the body kits/ hoods not fitting and having trouble returning them. As for suspension parts, I haven't seen any complaints about those yet... but if it comes down to not buying from andy's autosport, ill just buy it from somewhere else. amazon etc. lol

Comment

However I checked with the BBB. some kind of business reviewer thing (Better Business Bureau)... and they gave the business an A, using the A-F scale. (That A was from May 2015) lol. If a bureau that rates businesses gives Andy's Auto Sport an A.... that is surprising.

Comment

Import tuning enthusiasts aren't usually the type to report issues to the BBB, though. Those ratings are based solely on user reports. Import tuners take it to the forums (and now Facebook, Twitter, etc...) Sadly, that info has no concrete representation. However, having been deeply immersed in the import tuning scene for over 15 years, I can tell you with absolute certainty... Andy's Auto Sport has a LOUSY reputation.

Comment

Import tuning enthusiasts aren't usually the type to report issues to the BBB, though. Those ratings are based solely on user reports. Import tuners take it to the forums (and now Facebook, Twitter, etc...) Sadly, that info has no concrete representation. However, having been deeply immersed in the import tuning scene for over 15 years, I can tell you with absolute certainty... Andy's Auto Sport has a LOUSY reputation.
                  I agree with you on that one. I even emailed ksport about andys auto sport and they said that they are a certified dealer for their products, so i wouldnt think they would steal from their provider... But im skeptical as to how they got the price down to 91 dollars for a full set of springs.

Comment

Probably because those springs cost KSport about $1 apiece to manufacture... (D2's spring supplier sells their springs wholesale for $1 each... so you know the quality must be top notch!)

Makes you wonder about the markup these companies put on their products. I mean, you sell springs for $250, and people assume they're quality. Nobody is going to sell crap for $250, right?

Comment

nice little suprise i was getting seriously curious about ksport because of like what you guys were saying trying to find where they made their products and how wasnt too informational online i was considering the coilovers not sleever or springs i allready have a set of H&R lowering springs and i love them well for what they are i seriously wanna get adjustable coils but it is definetly like yousaid a better ride 25yr old stock suspension haha so any coilover recomondations that you guys have ran im looking at fully adjustable ones then getting an adjustable rear upper control arm. any brands that you guys like better i dont really like the teins for example just because tey seem like they dont offer as much in adjustability but they might be better for all i know then some ??

Comment

Working...
                      X