Yet another squeak thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yet another squeak thread.

Ok folks ive decided to call on the cb7tuners for this one.

1. I have a major squeak on the pass side front.

2. It squeaks on up and down moation's and sometime's when turning the steering wheel.

2. I have took the suspension apart a few times now and still can not locate the problem.

3. It's not the wheel rubbing on anything. It's not the dust shield. Axle is pretty new and no torn boot's on the axle.

4. I have already replaced the upper control arm and still didnt fix it.

5.Upper control arm is ingalls ball joint kit, no torn boot and ball joint still feels good and tight and no squeaks from manualy moving it.

6. It sometimes stops making noise after i jack the car up and look at everything, might last a few day's before the noise comes back.

7. Sway bar end links are new es red's very very well lubed, looks nasty with so much grease on it to be honest.

8. Tested the ball joint by pushing and pulling the top and bottom of the tire while jacked up and there is no play ball joints seem ok, also no play when i push and pull left to right tie rod seems fine.

9. Springs are eibach sportlines and this weekend will have new tokico shocks but it does not sound to be coming from there either.

10. Alot of tq steer (KIND OF) meaning i can take my hands off the wheel and hit the gas and the steering wheel will move left quite a bit but the car stays pretty straight.

So I've given all the info i can think of with this problem. I've checked everything I can think of so your idea would be very welcome here. If I can not find the problem by this weekend when i get the shocks on im going to get a new ES bushing kit and swap all them damn things out too. Thanks !
    Last edited by Gettin_faster91; 02-08-2007, 09:56 PM.

check your tie rods maybe?

Comment

Tie rods are like 5 months old and they are still tight. And yeah Yeamans thats my next project lol Track that shit down with wd40. Im going to spray one bushing drive it for a while and try the next one. It seems to be coming from below the axle but the shit stops making noise when i jack it up and that really dont help when your trying to find the problem. So yeah im thinking its a bushing also so why not replace them all right my shit should feel really good after that. Oh well thats another $100 down the drain.. Im really thinking its time to upgrade soon.

Comment

I did also notice my lower ball joint boot is torn up a bit but no play what so ever yet. So thats on my list to replace too. My tax money was going to get my head reworked but look like thats going to get put off for a while now too.

Comment

What is this bushing called ? Not the endlinks but the big one ??? This is whats causing my problems now. >> Bushing Pic <<
          Last edited by Gettin_faster91; 02-08-2007, 09:55 PM. Reason: Pic didnt work

Comment

Bump.

Comment

lower ball joint is your problem... the squeaking is kinda the tell-tale sign of failure... the next sign is normally your wheel in a position it was never ment to be... Horizontal

Edit: that bushing is called you sway bar link, or end link, i highly doubt its your problem although it looks like its about to go bad (one of the bushings will fall off), when an endlink goes bad its noticable, depending on the side you will get 1 solid "Clunk" through either a right or left turn as the sway bar throws the pin at an angle and smacks your control arm.

the big bushing, is called either the strut-to-lca bushing, the lower strut mount bushing or your outter lca bushing i will be between 22-38 depending on where you go, the control arm has to be removed from the car to replace and it should take no more than 1hr with a vice and torch
              Last edited by GreenMadness; 02-10-2007, 04:18 PM.
              Engines hate me... thats why they commit suicide

Comment

yeah i would have to go with the lower ball joint. whatever you are discribing happen exactly the same to my 90 ex. took me about 2 months and i didn't find it. took it to a mechanic and he told me it was the lower ball joint. fix it in about 2 hours. lol
                are we there yet are we there yet are we there yet

Comment

Well fella's I replaced the LBJ tonight and replace the entire lower control from one i got from pull a parts for 12 bucks ! Squeak's are all gone ! took me 4-5 hours from the time i got to pull aparts till the time i got her up and running again ! Its all gravy baby ! rides smooth as hell now too.

Comment

Working...
                  X