Tokico hp vs Kyb agx Pro's and Con's.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tokico hp vs Kyb agx Pro's and Con's.

Well the time has come for me to get new shock's. Well more like i now have the money for new shock's. What should i get and why. My choices are either the Tokico blue's or agx. So should i get the Tokico to save 50 bucks. Or get the Agx's and kill my drop but gain adjustment. Thanks..

good question here. the tokico blues are really worth it but you cant adjust them at all so if you feel that you wont that adjustment for road race, strip or track. i would go with the tokicos. yes the agx do kill ur drop, (which i hate cuz it killed my drop) but i have the adjustment when i need it. it all depends on how you drive. if you drive hard like i do i would go with the agx, but if you drive normal and once in awhile you are on the off-ramp then the tokico is for you.

Comment

they're both very good shocks. I can only think of cons, for both.

agx:
      kills the fronts height
      if lowered more than 2", the warranty is void(or something like that)

tokico hp:
      non adjustable

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

tokico hp= oem replacement

agx's have good adjustability but like said the drop wont be as much.
        -1992 Accord EX H22 234whp 185wtq
        -1993 Accord EX SOLD
        -1995 Accord EX Wagon Daily Driver
        -2012 GMC Canyon V8 4x4

Comment

so if you run agx's it will raise the front up? how much? i was thinkin of gettin some in the future.
          hey. my cb7 has morphed. haha.

Comment

it wont raise it, it just wont be as low as the springs are advertised at.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

i have sleeve coilovers and w/ them all the way down in front i have about a two finger gap. do other struts support the spring farther down???

Comment

get the hp's i want them

Comment

Sorry to thread jack, but people say the Blues and KYB GR2's are just oem replacments. So is it worthit the dish out around 60 more dollars for the blues?

Comment

Well i just ordered the Tokico hp's this morning $256.00 shipped so thats not to bad at all. Just hope i get them by this weekend so i can get them on. And if i dont like them after a week or so i will try the agx and sell the hp's.

Comment

yo, post up the ride quality. good luck!

Comment

It's always been my impression the HP was meant to hold up to a drop, where the GR2 wasn't.

The AGX isn't designed for over a 1.5" drop, but most people run them with around that drop. The AGX will reduce your drop though from the advertised amount. The Tokicos won't have that issue. However, with the Tokico you won't be able to adjust the dampening to your liking.

Comment

just a fyi, theres a new set of illuminas going for 330 on ebay
                          I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

^^^^this was my thought. Why are you comparing adjustables to none adjustable struts. Everybody feels something different in what they ride. My experience was with the Illumina's on a 95 Civic that I used to AutoX. Most of the time you will not touch the settings, Initially I played with the settings until I found a good combination for daily driving. Also if you ever switch tires and the compounds are different(stickier or less sticky) then you can use the struts to adjust the handling to what you like. I went from Kuhmo's all around to Nexen in the front and Kuhmo's in the rear. I had to soften up the front because I had too much turn in with the Nexen sets up front.

Comment

Originally posted by hondatuner4267
                              tokico hp= oem replacement

agx's have good adjustability but like said the drop wont be as much.
                              I'd go with the agx's even though it raises the car about a 1/3 of an inch, it better than paying $250 for hp's that you will have to replace within 6 months.
                              Gr-2's and Hp's are high end stock replacements.
                              ~~~ Never Drive Faster Then Your Guardian Angle Can Fly ~~~

Comment

Working...
                              X