Substitute/Replacement for VTEC Oil Pressure Switch/Sensor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Substitute/Replacement for VTEC Oil Pressure Switch/Sensor

Just wanted to give a heads up, that the POWER STEERING Pressure Switch (the one that is mounted into the main hardline, underneath the intake manifold) works perfectly as a direct replacement for the VTEC OIL Pressure Switch (the 2-pin switch near the Vtec solenoid on an H22 - the one that goes to ECU pin D6).

Not sure if anyone has tried it or mentioned it before - the sensor looks a little different, but the threads are the same, the connector is the same, and the internal functionality is the same.

Might come in useful to know for somebody in the future who needs a cheap substitute (I already had a couple extras sitting around in the garage!)

See the brown Power Steering switch mounted here, with the green VTEC plug attached to it:

Last edited by cp[mike]; 06-10-2014, 01:06 AM.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
    - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
    - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
    Current cars:
    - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
    - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Good info! Also, this should be an obvious one, but any other VTEC Honda like the '94-'97 Accord, '92-'95 and '96-'00 Civics and tons of other models of very common vehicles also have VTEC solenoid switches on them. These make great donors for the sensor as well. Their entire solenoid won't do you any good, though.
    My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Great info. My h22 came with the HP hose still on it so I guess I got a extra sensor.

Comment

Working...
      X