Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Pap finds and projects.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pap finds and projects.

I tour the So Cal. Pick a parts every week. At least one or two. A week ago I found the optional taller armrest in a CB9.

It's not gray like my interior obviously so I'm going to try and paint it.
    Then I came across an Acura CL coupe. A real nice one that had been apparently very well taken care of until somebody rear ended it. The seats were too nice to pass up. I pulled them from the CL and brought them home. Here is the back seat. It's so nice it's like nobody ever sat in it.

The front seats are beautiful also. The leather is not torn anywhere and still very soft. They heat up very nicely and the power functions are smoth & quiet. After 18 years these '99 model seats are very rare in this condition.

Since I already had Acura CL seats in my car the swap was bolt in plug in and play.
    5 studded & leather clad - Praise The Lowered

~Mark~

Also I have to thank Rilas for the tip on the rear seat install. I cut the slots popped in the grommets and the seat slid in beautifully with no gap. Came out perfect.

~Mark~

Comment

I came back to Rialto pick a part today to the same car and pulled the carpet.

I'm going to pull out the seats & console etc. then put this in tomorrow. I took some simple measurements and everything seams to line up well. I really like the darker gray. Plus my carpet is sun faded and just plain hammered. I'll show how it comes out.

~Mark~

Comment

This is the comparison from the old faded gray to the newer and by the looks of it, more quality Acura CL coupe carpet.

There is one real modification I had to do for both sides of the Acura carpet. In the pic below the Acura carpet's plastic door snap pieces space the carpet in. And will not work. The space between where the carpet is stapled to the plastic and where it snaps to the door sill is too wide.

So I removed the staples and plastics from both the Acura carpet and the old CB carpet then swapped them. As you can see in the pic below the CB plastics snap in with the carpet at the very edge of the snap. The CL one in my hand has at least a 1" gap.

After some cutting and trimming it fit in and covered more than the CB carpet does up higher in the front. I still have some fine tuning to do but I'm very pleased with the overall install & look.

~Mark~

Comment

Does the car still have the front door panels and the rear side panels? I've been trying to find a pair of dark gray ones for my '96 Accord. If you're willing to pull them for me, I'd pay for them no problem. I'd grab them since I'm local, but I just don't have time now that I'm back in school. I'd also consider the center console, glove box, and other gray interior bits.

Over the summer I converted my Accord to the dark gray carpet, and the lighter gray CL door panels and center console/dash pieces. They look great, its just that the darker gray pieces will match my Recaro seats so much better.

Last edited by Corweena; 09-25-2017, 01:42 AM.

Comment

The panels were there and they were nice. But I won't be able to get back to Rialto pap for at least a week. By then it'll most likely be gone. Rialto like Ontario pap moves cars quick.

~Mark~

Comment

Here's another great pap find. Last weekend I looked at a black 91 sedan and as I looked inside I saw that it had tore up as usual black leather seats. It was a Solaris Silver SE painted black on the outside. The door panels were gone but lots of black interior goodies left. I got misc panels I know are harder to find including the black e-brake handle and ash tray plus the rarest piece of all:

The back speaker pods that are for this US model only. No other accord model has black 6x9 pods. The tops were destroyed but the bases are the important part. This is the kind of car I'll find once a year. Get these og black parts while you can!

~Mark~

Comment

hows that cl carpet fit? i like what youve done so far. i had 99 3.0cl seats in my cb7 at one point.
                COUPE K24

Comment

The CL carpet fits almost exactly the same. The only spots that it doesn't cover is a little sliver by the back seat sides. If you had stock CB back seats the bottom might cover this little sliver. Other than that all of the seat holes, the trunk and gas lever pod etc. they sit right where they should. I literally had to just trim it down in spots which is good. It's really perfect for the CL seat conversion too as the back bottom seat humps up in the middle so in turn the CL carpet humps up to fit nicely. The carpet itself is gorgeous compared to the CB stuff. Especially the condition I found mine in. The quality is way better. Other than the styling of the CB components you could look in my car and think it was less than ten years old. Nice carpet goes a looong way. One of the best upgrades interior wise for me so far.

~Mark~

Comment

yea definitely want it now.
                    COUPE K24

Comment

I'm assuming this is from a 97-99 CL?
                      MRT: 1993 Honda Accord SE Coupe (Lola)

Comment

Yes. You want the Type B "Classy Gray" interior.

Comment

My interior pieces; the carpet and seats are from a 99 CL. 97 CL's have a little bit lighter "dark gray" from what I remember. I've owned 2 of them. The 98-99 have the nicer gray interior. Even the chrome ring around my shifter is the bezel from a 98-99 auto CL.

~Mark~

Comment

Interesting. I'll have to look for one of the carpets on my next junk yard runs. I as well have had the front seats and still have the rear seats in my '93 coupe. I was going to clean the carpet and dye it black, but a higher quality almost black carpet would be just as nice, and still OEM. Also this makes me curious as to how well the CL floor mats would fit in our cars as well.
                            MRT: 1993 Honda Accord SE Coupe (Lola)

Comment

Originally posted by NH-503P-3 View Post
                              My interior pieces; the carpet and seats are from a 99 CL. 97 CL's have a little bit lighter "dark gray" from what I remember. I've owned 2 of them. The 98-99 have the nicer gray interior. Even the chrome ring around my shifter is the bezel from a 98-99 auto CL.
                              Kinda true. All 98-99s had Type B Classy Gray. Basically a darker gray with blue tint to it. 97s you can find with two gray interiors....Type F Quartz gray and the Type B. The Quartz is more of a true gray without any blue tint in it, and comes with light gray door inserts and seats (what I have in my car). From what I can tell, the Type B was only available on certain color cars....red for sure came with Type B (tan was an option too, but I'm talking strictly grays). Black also appears to have Type B as its gray option. While white, green, and silver all had the Type F as their gray.

Comment

Working...
                              X