Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

How to make 30+hp for $500 or less... (DX/LX F22A1 only)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by owequitit
    Hate to break it to you, but the F22B1 really has no VTEC changeover. Nothing like the DOHC engines that everyone associates with VTEC.

yeah. because just like Deev always says, it wasnt made for performance. only for economy.

Comment

SOHC VTEC is significantly different from DOHC VTEC. Same principle, but the implementation is different (intake valves only, for example).

Comment

Best bang for the buck combo of parts. The biggest power adder is easily the H23 IM, I just put the plenum+TB on my A6 and it totally transformed the car, especially on the top end.

Originally posted by lordoja
        im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Up that $500 to $1000, and your options increase significantly. Headwork by ESP starts at $250. A Delta camshaft regrind is $120 or so. A P06 ECU is about $75 chipped, though it's only useful if you can tune, or know someone that can. However, with headwork and camshaft, the ECU will find a good deal of power (and fuel economy )

Put Bisimoto parts into the mix, and you're making some real power...
          Bisimoto cam gears are $145 for cb7tuners. A reasonable price for the quality.
          $50 for an intake manifold gasket.
          The header, when it is released, will be quite a performance piece.

Basically, for the price of getting a JDM F22B DOHC swapped in (possibly less), you can make the F22A perform as good or better... without ever removing the block.

Comment

[QUOTE=deevergote]If you want to make power for little money... hit up a junkyard, or www.car-part.com

Look for:

F22A6 camshaft - $25 (92-93 Accord EX)

H23A1 intake manifold and throttle body (from a Prelude SI, 92-96 I believe) - $45
            F22A6 IAB "black box" (to be able to activate the secondary runners, the intake air bypass, in the H23 manifold) - no price listed... probably $10 or so.

(I was told these mods were done to my motor....anyay i can check?

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote
              If you want to make power for little money... hit up a junkyard, or www.car-part.com

F22A6 camshaft - $25 (92-93 Accord EX)

H23A1 intake manifold and throttle body (from a Prelude SI, 92-96 I believe) - $45
              F22A6 IAB "black box" (to be able to activate the secondary runners, the intake air bypass, in the H23 manifold) - no price listed... probably $10 or so.

These things have been said over and over again... but I figured I'd make a post stressing just how simple things were!
              i was told these things were done to my car anyway i can check

Comment

What trim is your car? If it's an EX, then you already have the F22A6. If the H23 manifold was already done to it, you can tell by the larger plenum.

H22/H23 plenum (H22 manifold, but the plenum is the same as the H23)

F22A6 intake manifold

You really can't check for the camshaft. It wouldn't be worth the effort to figure it out!

Comment

Get the PT6 ecu too

on the stairs, she grabs my arm, says whats up,
                  where you been, is something wrong?
                  i try to just smile, and say everything’s fine.

Comment

Depending on what the car is, he may have it already. I can't tell if it has a sunroof or rear discs in the pic.

Comment

Yeah, if you've got the A6 already, just do the H23 upper plenum. Its not worth the effort to pull the lower part of the IM and they're pretty much the same anyway. Some of the people here claim the A6 lower is better than the H23 lower anyway. It take a little modding but it's been documented here, and a couple people here have done it that can answer questions. You'll have to cut your intake tubing a bit to accommodate the wider TB.

It's a nice mod, and since its still OE parts, the car runs near perfect. No idle trouble, no negative effects. It's improved stock.

Comment

You can also get an S2000 throttle body on the H plenum

Comment

Hmmm, interesting. And its still drive by wire? But I wonder how much work would be needed to get it to work.

Comment

Only the AP2 is drive by wire, I believe.

Comment

Very good info deev!

Comment

You can also get an S2000 throttle body on the H plenum
                                how much HP gains compared to using the h23 one?
                                how much does it cost? and is it alot more work than putting in the h23 one?
                                make a DIY!

MY CB7

FULL part out thread:
                                http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=204494

Comment

Working...
                                X