No announcement yet.

"Tuner" scene Ranting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I understand they aren t to blame but that doesn't mean I have to tolerate thier shitty attitudes or ridiculous exoectations, hence my closing.

As far as the rest of the industry is concerned as to how they feel about the Honda comunity, they should be careful. The Honda community has one thing the rest of them do not, a scene that has been stretched so long and thin that to even stand out anymore you have to have a car that is extremely exceptional. Only other i dustry that even cones close is the high end hot rod industry. And what has happened over the last decade is overall industry standards have risen. I've seen what 50k in turbo kit looks like for a Lamborghini or a Porsche and I'm not impressed. Not even a little. Derek at AllIn or Toxic fab makes that stuff look like garbage. Many of the best automotive fabricators on the face of this earth were once or are currently Honda guys. They can also thank a Honda guy the world's current tuning software standards. There would be no Motec or AEM if it weren't for them.
    Last edited by 91b20ed; 06-22-2017, 05:34 AM.
    ODBWeldingWerks
    Team Kindred Impulse Jax FL

Comment

If you read between the lines, there's some solid parenting advice between you two, lol.

I know that being born in the '80s I'm technically a Millenial, but I feel like I just beat that cut-off to grow up without a social media-based life.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

Originally posted by 91b20ed View Post
        I'd also like to add that high end builds are not the answer. Those guys spend 5 to 10 years building one car and you know why it takes that long, because 4 to 8 of those years are spent dealing with wait times on all the one off custom parts that have to be made for it. Sure they make 250k but I bet they still don't make much after the 10,000 hours that were spent on it. I know a few folks in the high end game and they are just as miserable if not more miserable than I was. There's only a hand full doing well in that game. There's simply just not enough of that type of work or clientele to feed the vast amount of skilled builders that are out there.
        This is why I like homemade builds, and garage tuners. You get to actually see what is happening behind the scenes...when shit goes wrong and hits the fan, when the builder figures out a massive issue and fixes it.

On YouTube, magazines and the rest of social media, you see what people want you to see. You don't see the scratches, dents, half-assery that really shows what the build is about.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Originally posted by 91b20ed View Post
          I understand they aren t to blame but that doesn't mean I have to tolerate thier shitty attitudes or ridiculous exoectations, hence my closing.

As far as the rest of the industry is concerned as to how they feel about the Honda comunity, they should be careful. The Honda community has one thing the rest of them do not, a scene that has been stretched so long and thin that to even stand out anymore you have to have a car that is extremely exceptional. Only other i dustry that even cones close is the high end hot rod industry. And what has happened over the last decade is overall industry standards have risen. I've seen what 50k in turbo kit looks like for a Lamborghini or a Porsche and I'm not impressed. Not even a little. Derek at AllIn or Toxic fab makes that stuff look like garbage. Many of the best automotive fabricators on the face of this earth were once or are currently Honda guys. They can also thank a Honda guy the world's current tuning software standards. There would be no Motec or AEM if it weren't for them.
          I'm not saying you should have to put up with their shitty attitude. I don't either. But it is what it is. I simply don't blame them for being raised that way.

I also blame the fact that people are no longer taught how to think, but what to think and that this line of indoctrination is strongest in the schools and universities which were supposed to eradicate that sort of behavior.

As for build quality, I am not knocking good Honda builds, but the reality is that Porsche or Ferrari guys can afford to spend $50K and not think twice. A Honda guy can't. Hondas will also never be on the same level as those cars in terms of values or clientele. I think that over time, the Honda scene will end up a lot like the VW scene.
          The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

I say the kids should be held accountable for their attitudes. Yes, the parents are responsible for nurturing such attitudes. Society as a whole has gotten to the point where accountability is something to be avoided at all costs. However, by the time these entitled kiddies spend a few years living as adults, they should learn that the world doesn't work the way they thought it did in their safe little bubble. Good things take time. Things that don't take time are rarely good. Good things cost money. Things that don't cost money are rarely good. Words and actions have lingering effects... often in ways that cannot be foreseen.
            Saying they can't be held accountable for their words, actions, and attitudes simply because they grew up being taught improperly seems unfair to the rest of us. Should we be surprised? No. That nonsense is to be expected now. But should we demand better? Absolutely. Our standards shouldn't be lowered simply because the average has dropped dismally low. It's not our responsibility to accommodate the lazy, the entitled, or the ignorant. It is their responsibility to learn how the world works, and where they fit into it.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
              I say the kids should be held accountable for their attitudes. Yes, the parents are responsible for nurturing such attitudes. Society as a whole has gotten to the point where accountability is something to be avoided at all costs. However, by the time these entitled kiddies spend a few years living as adults, they should learn that the world doesn't work the way they thought it did in their safe little bubble. Good things take time. Things that don't take time are rarely good. Good things cost money. Things that don't cost money are rarely good. Words and actions have lingering effects... often in ways that cannot be foreseen.
              Saying they can't be held accountable for their words, actions, and attitudes simply because they grew up being taught improperly seems unfair to the rest of us. Should we be surprised? No. That nonsense is to be expected now. But should we demand better? Absolutely. Our standards shouldn't be lowered simply because the average has dropped dismally low. It's not our responsibility to accommodate the lazy, the entitled, or the ignorant. It is their responsibility to learn how the world works, and where they fit into it.
              well, i hate say it live this but we live in a world now where a couple million people can organize behind basically anything and represent a large enough problem that world leaders have to bend the way things have always been to pacify the angry mob.

not that the mob actually rspresents the majority. just that through social media, organizing the process has become easy and there are enough e-tards across the planet to basically rally behind anything.

look at the flat earthers for example. no offense to anyone out there. just saying. good example of why the i dont have to comply thing is real now. some people actually think dinosaurs are a hoax too. lol. wtf is wrong with people these days.
              Originally posted by wed3k
              im a douchebag to people and i don't even own a lambo. whats your point? we, douchbags, come in all sorts of shapes and colours.

Comment

As far as shops and work on people's cars you gotta pick your battles. The scene has died down a bit but it depends on who you deal with. You have to pick your clientele not let them pick you too much. If you know they are trouble just don't deal with them.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                  That is a misconstruction of my point.

I'm not saying they shouldn't be beaten down by reality, I am saying that it isn't their fault they came out of their "bubble" thinking the way they do.

The problem with it is two fold though. First, without being properly prepared, they have to actually be "beat down." That's all fine and well, but it is a pain in the ass.

The second problem is that this is largely part of the reason these fuckers are snapping left and right. They have never been conditioned for "defeat" so when it smashes them in the face, they don't know how to cope.

I didn't really elaborate on that part because primarily your Honda people that do this type of stuff are the very kids that haven't been beat down by reality yet.
                  The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

Working...
                  X