Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

What amp do you recomend for this subs.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What amp do you recomend for this subs.

Hello every one, i just got two Rockford Fosgate Punch P3 model number P3D412

my question is what amplifier would be the best for this two subs

this are the specs from factory:

Impedance: 4-Ohm x 2

Power Handling: 500 Watts RMS
    1000 Watts Max

thanks

Your best bet is going to be the rockford bd1000-1 if you want plenty of watts.

If your more money conscious you could do the 500-2 but it will short them a little.

If you wanna go with another brand the alpine mrp-1000 will be good for about $200 less than the bd.

But.... any good brand amp with about 700-1000 watts rms will work, just don't buy a cheap amp it's the most important part of your system.

A cheap sub and good amp will sound better than a great sub and a cheap amp every day.

Comment

i agree dont skimp out on the amp thats never good i did and let me tell you it sounded badd

Comment

this is the picture of the box with the subs.

I havent test them yet bks i dont have the amp. lol but wich box do you think that would work better for them this ported one or just a regular box

Comment

On the high end of things there is THIS:

JL Audio Slash v2 Series 1000/1v2
          Mono subwoofer amplifier
          1,000 watts RMS x 1 at 2 ohms

LOW END IS THIS:

MB Quart DSC1000.1 Discus Series Mono Subwoofer Amplifier 1000 Watts RMS @ 1 ohm (ENGINEERED IN GERMANY)
          by MB Quart

mY PERSONAL CHOICE WOULD PROBABLY BE THIS:

Diamond Audio D1000.1 1000 Watt Mono Sub Amp Amplier

because you can bridged it down to 1 ohms and the amp is 1 ohm stable!!!

Comment

2x, MB Quart dsc amps are a great bang for your buck and wont let you down. On the other hand, If I were going high end I would choose a Sundown audio saz 1500d for a little headroom and a few extra bucks in my pocket. Make no mistake, JL makes great stuff-they really do. However, alot of the price is for the name imo.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=143599

Comment

has any one had or hear anything about this Amplifier: the brand is Absolute Model: PRO22200B
              they are selling me one of these brand new for $100 is that a good deal?
              is it worth buying or should i just save a little more??

this are the factory specs:

# Pro Digital 2-Channel Series Amplifier
              # RMS Power Rating:

* 4 ohms: 550 watts x 2 chan.
              * 2 ohms: 1100 watts x 2 chan.
              * Bridged, 4 ohms: 2200 watts x 1 chan.

# Max power output: 2200 watts
              # MOSFET PWM power supply
              # Bass remote control included
              # LED power/protection indicators
              # Bass Boost: 0-12 dB at 50 Hz
              # Overload, thermal and short circuit protection
              # Soft start and muting
              # Tri-Mode capable
              # Gold-plated RCA level inputs
              # Gold-plated screw terminals
              # Input Sensitivity: 200mV-6V
              # Variable high-pass filter (80-1200 Hz, 12 dB/octave)
              # Variable low-pass filter (50-250 Hz, 12 dB/octave)
              # Subsonic Filter (24 dB at 15 Hz)
              # Frequency response: 10-40,000 Hz
              # Dimensions: 15L x 10-1/8W x 2-1/4H

and thank you every one for all your advice so far.

Comment

Originally posted by paflores9 View Post
                has any one had or hear anything about this Amplifier: the brand is Absolute Model: PRO22200B
                they are selling me one of these brand new for $100 is that a good deal?
                is it worth buying or should i just save a little more??

this are the factory specs:

# Pro Digital 2-Channel Series Amplifier
                # RMS Power Rating:

* 4 ohms: 550 watts x 2 chan.
                * 2 ohms: 1100 watts x 2 chan.
                * Bridged, 4 ohms: 2200 watts x 1 chan.

# Max power output: 2200 watts
                # MOSFET PWM power supply
                # Bass remote control included
                # LED power/protection indicators
                # Bass Boost: 0-12 dB at 50 Hz
                # Overload, thermal and short circuit protection
                # Soft start and muting
                # Tri-Mode capable
                # Gold-plated RCA level inputs
                # Gold-plated screw terminals
                # Input Sensitivity: 200mV-6V
                # Variable high-pass filter (80-1200 Hz, 12 dB/octave)
                # Variable low-pass filter (50-250 Hz, 12 dB/octave)
                # Subsonic Filter (24 dB at 15 Hz)
                # Frequency response: 10-40,000 Hz
                # Dimensions: 15L x 10-1/8W x 2-1/4H

and thank you every one for all your advice so far.
                tou are running mid to high end subs dont skimp with an amp like that, a cheap amp on good subs you might as well also have cheap subs, the likelyhood of finding an amp worth running those subs with for less than 200 used or 3-500 new is not good, if you run an underpowerd amp like that you will just risk damaging your new subs. the rockford t10001bd or 5001bd are great amps and can be found online for pretty cheap check out e bay sometimes rockford even sells bstock stuff on there direct, and they give it the same waranty.

Comment

Thank you platinumb, the reason i was thinking of that Absolute Amp was bks of the 2200 watts power, but you are right i would not like to damage my subs. thank you.

Comment

I need an advice i dont know what would be the best thing to do so today i was doing nothing. so i start looking at craigslist and i found a kenwood 2000 watts, for $200 with a sony xplode deck

Long story short, i was thinking i got a good deal i paid $120 for the amp and radio (i was not really interested on the radio but the guy said i will true it in)
                    and when i got home i did a search for amp model "Kenwood KAC-7252" and i found that the peak power was 500w i install it on the car and my two subs sound ok i guess.

well i guess my question is this will this amp work good with the subs or will it be better to contact the guy and tell him that hes a lair!!!
                    and get my money back??

Comment

Originally posted by paflores9 View Post
                      I need an advice i dont know what would be the best thing to do so today i was doing nothing. so i start looking at craigslist and i found a kenwood 2000 watts, for $200 with a sony xplode deck

Long story short, i was thinking i got a good deal i paid $120 for the amp and radio (i was not really interested on the radio but the guy said i will true it in)
                      and when i got home i did a search for amp model "Kenwood KAC-7252" and i found that the peak power was 500w i install it on the car and my two subs sound ok i guess.

well i guess my question is this will this amp work good with the subs or will it be better to contact the guy and tell him that hes a lair!!!
                      and get my money back??
                      Probably won't get your money back. You probably shouldve looked at the model number and googled it before you bought it. If you're strapped for cash (I'm suspecting that's why you keep trying to cheap out) then sell one of the subs on CL or ebay, take the earnings and invest in a decent amp and wiring. Problem solved, and you won't need as big of an amp as before.

And to answer your earlier question, the ported box will be fine. They generally sound better anyway.
                      Last edited by Masamune; 06-29-2010, 02:12 PM.
                      Fix your Computer!

Originally posted by MikeW
                      D, I'm a fanciful motherfucker. My ish is clean, quick, plush, mature and sophisticated.

┌─┐
                      ┴─┴
                      ಠ_ರೃ

Comment

That amp will barely provide enough power for one of those sub's. I agree you should sell one of the subs and get a great amp and push the hell out of one sub.

To power (2) p3's your looking at minimum $500 brand new for a amp.

Comment

crunch amps are really good i have a 4channel 1800 watt and it slaps my 12s and speakers, im rockin 3 tickets for em lol
                          On To The Next One!!!

Comment

hey everyone i finally stop been cheap and got the Fosgate Punch P1000-db.
                            and im really happy. sound great.

I have one more question:
                            If i have the 2 P3's and the p1000-db what capacitor would work best for me 1 Farad or 2 Farad?

Thanks in advance.

Comment

1 farad = 1000 watts if im correct i got a two farad you cant go wrong.

Comment

Working...
                              X